Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Yet another bombing lesson...

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by zion*, Nov 23, 2001.

1. zion*

zion* New Jack

When I first went out, I was foolish, over-anxious, and got caught.
    heres a list I have compiled to help the rookies...
    have all your supplies-markers, paint, caps, easy to access in a backpack
    dress normal, in grays and dark colors, but never dress in straight black.
    you want to indiscrete not suspicious.
    always have an emergency exit, like a wall to hop or
    a alley to run in.
    Dont go over anyone unless you they to you
    Keep your composure, stick to your route, only run if you have to.
    Bring a chum, so you can look out for eachother
    large groups will cause attention.
    If your out for a high-profile spot, examine the area first-
    the ways up, the lighting, the neighborhood.
    gloves are good if you have them
    dont go out before midnight unless your slick
    odds are your pretty wack, so focus on legibility rather than style
    be rational. try not to act on pure impulse.
    I hope this can be of some help, add if you want.

2. zen

zen New Jack

yeah

all very good advise. the people here will not realise how good these words are untill they get caught. hey my first post. no more post virginity

3. cdz

cdz Member

first post ive seen by a rookie that is nice. props for you not posting yet another stupid thread.:)
    -cdz

4. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

use your brain when youre out.
    thats the best advice i can think of.

5. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

think boyee think. dont just do . think!

6. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

its all about attitude...and confidence...like i need to hit this wall and i will

don't be afraid to fuckin hit the decks...sometimes you just gotta get down in the trash and broken glass...

utilize ninja moves...

there are two types of bombin styles that i've seen...
    1. the attack the wall method...where you don't give a fuck and finish the whole bomb then dip with no real regard to who is lookin...or
    2. duck and wait method which works for me...go up to the wall and start your shit...when a car or whatever passes hit the dirt and wait...then get back to it...this takes longer and strengthens those leg muscles

i just like being able to stay at a spot to finish the job nicely...

always bomb alone or with a trusted companion and you will learn the ways of graffiti warfare....

7. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

I disagree with the "don't go out before midnight"
    My friend used to have the main interstate where I'm at on lock
    and he did all of his bombing on the way home from work after a 9 to 5 job.......Know your city and find your comfort level......
    When you talk to kids older than you;veterans; then share stories as compared to cock-riding them and "20 question" -ing them.........
    They'll be a whole lot more sharing with facts as compared to you just jocking them.....that shit get annoying and bothersome! No one's going to hand you shit but try and get as much respected help as possible!
    Oh and if they help you out...then return the favor! It's much appreciated!

8. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

IN my opinion the best time to go out and rock shit is from 8-12. Around 2 AM cops start to stop everybody. Around 11 PM theres still people out...but not as much...cops dont stop everyone....people are generally coming home from work and really dont give a fuck. Peices and shit are a 2AM job...but for going out and getting ur name up i think 8-12 is best

9. These are good points, but be prepared to have everyone of them not work for you...Some of the shit Ive seen and done while paintin, nothin could prepare you for it.The more you paint, the more a six sense developes...Just like with anything...Oh and dont ask the veterans unless you know them well, they had to earn their stripes, so should you...

10. dai

dai Senior Member

shit all my high-profile bombing comes from the sudden impulse to unleash my fat cap all over something everyone is gonna see. the most obvious is the least obvious. see around these parts we got this thing called jewjitsu...we're ninja's in disguise....and you thought it was just an average writer behind that black hoodie...PSHH! :D

11. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

kid fuck that " dont go out before midnite"bullshit. ive bombed highways at 6 at nite

12. Sekin

Sekin New Jack

I think that you should use your head not to get caught. If you walk up to a wall and act like you have the right to do whatever you want on it then people are gonna believe it. Times really depend mostly they are needle in a haystack. Unless you know the police patrolling times.

13. NEW2FR8s

NEW2FR8s New Jack

Yo, im down with all this ninja shit, bust a couple flips up onto the roof top, chill on the ground and bust a throwie while no ones lookin. dope shit. But naw for real, writing is all instincts, if you feel you gotta run you probaly should, and know you area, it helps to know when the high traffic times are before you go bomin the highways and shit around your way. but yo as long as your haven fun and gettin up and not getting cuaght, then dont worrie about all this time scheduel shit. it sounds like just another rule to me and graffiti is a rebelious movement in which there should be no rules. i mean if possible in your area bomb in the day fuck what ever some one says, if you can get away wit it do it. well
    later
    CLUEone....... AkA...NEW2FR8s

P.S. anyone seen some shit by DEPT, he always throws some ninja hand style beside his shit, he puts S.E. (stealth element) and he writes true graffiti ninja, hes also got some dope ninja characters.

yot likes this.
  14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

dont try painting while your hanging out of the side of your car. hhahahahahaha i tried this once, then never again.

15. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Good advice, but I gotta agree with most of the other people. If no one's around, who gives a fuck what time it is?