YEP ANOTHER MUSIC THREAD...

ETHREADZNY

THIS HERE IS YOUR MUSICAL PROGRESSION

SINCE MUSIC IS SUCH A LARGE PART OF MY LIFE<AND OTHERS TOO.

WHAT IS YOUR TOP 5 FAVORITES EVER. AND THE FIRST SHOW OR CONCERT YOU SAW> AND MUSCIAL TASTE THAT YOUR PARENTS PUSHED OFF ON YOU..

NO ORDER

1) THE POLICE

2) ALICE IN CHAINS

3) ROLLING STONES

4) GORILLA BISCUITS

5) MOTLEY CRUE

THE FIRST CONCERT I SAW WAS FUGAZI 92'

MY DAD OBSESSED WITH PINK FLOYD

MY MOTHER ROLLING STONES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There were too many phases in the progression to hit them all with a top 5, so I'll tack on a couple.

In chronological order:

1.Def Leppard (first album purchase)

2.Van Halen

3.Joe Satriani

4.Ministry

5.Bad Brains

6.Tool

7.Helmet

8.Melvins

I still listen to all but the first one.

First show was either King's X or Living Colour, I forget.

Oh, and I utterly despise and reject everything my parents tried to contribute. They were not really hip. My mom was cool enough to like ZZ Top and some Satriani during her midlife crisis though.

nice one.....

first concert - moody blues/beach boys

progression -

6th grade - bon jovi

8th grade - public enemy/de la soul

10th grade - the dead

freshman year of college - janes addiction/primus

junior - biggie smalls/jay z

now....radiohead/sea and cake/aesop rock/pearl jam/to much to go on

first concert- rolling stones

6th grade-radio.. rap/r&b stations

7th/8th grade- nirvana type shit

9th grade- underground hip hop and some drum and bass

rest of high school-punk bands that sucked.. um.. im embarassed to even say

college and now- murder city devils, portishead, johnny cash, morrissey, faith no more, just to give you a round about of what im into.. i also enjoy the aesop rock.. but i dont listen to him too often.

Guest beardo

mom is an old school beatles fan, before they got 'weird'

dad is all about blues

the DOC, tribe, nwa, first albums by redman, onyx, das efx etc etc > hendrix/beatles > RATM, pumpkins, radiohead > phish, tortoise, gybe..

basically, my attention span just keeps getting longer :D

Im digging the progression list. I put my top five,but the progression went like this...

AGE 7-9- OAK RIDGE BOYS, THE POLICE

AGE- 10-13- RUSH< LED ZEPPELIN> PINK FLOYD, BEASTIE BOYS, U2, THE POLICE

AGE 14-17-THE DESCENDENTS< OPERATION IVY, MEGADEATH, SCREECHING WEASEL< NAKED RAYGUN, FUGAZI< MINOR THREAT, GORILLA BISCUITS, SICK OF IT ALL

AGE 17-20- STARING TO GET INTO MORE HIP HOP.. TRIBE CALLED QUEST, RAKIM KOOL G RAP, SOME UNDERGROUND HIP HOP< AND HARDCORE, SKA AND PUNK

AGE 20-25- UNDERGROUND HIP HOP< OLD SCHOOL HIP HOP, HARDCORE, AND ANYTHING THAT IS MUSICALLY WELL PUT TOGETHER.....

7-10 guns n roses an metallica

10-13-nirvana

13-17 punk rock like conflict and all that crusty stuff

17-20 hardcore, hip-hop and grindcore

i dont remember the first show i went to but most memorable from when i was younger would have to be the dayglo abortions

My mom had me when she was 20 so she was still cool when I reached maybe 8 or 9, so we had so many albums. I listened to:

Madonna

Blondie

Michael Jackson

then we moved into Poison shit like that. middle school i got into rap, snoop, dr dre, then it moved to de la, tribe, run. then found Tool (changed my life) then hardcore, and hip hop.

So my record collection is crazy, I dont know where a lot of my records went tho, shit sucks. I basically still listen to all of this shit.

I'll give this a shot. Don't know how accurate it will be.

5-7: Anything that was catchy. Ranged from Europe's "The Final Countdown" to New Kids on the Block. "Put a Little Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants was probably my favourite song.

8-11: Gun's N' Roses. I listened to them religiously. I had to steal the albums and hide them in my closet because my parents didn't like me listeneing to "explicit" records, and the stores wouldn't sell them to an 8 year old. I also liked heavy stuff, like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, etc, as well as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, the whole grunge thing. And I loved the Beastie Boys too, my first introduction to hip hop music.

12-15: Started getting heavy into classic rock, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Beatles, Stones, etc. Bush X like 2 years before everyone else started listening to them. Rage Against the Machine were another I really liked. When I was about 14 I started to get into punk music, Blin 182, Propoghandi, Millencolin, yeah I know, but this was WELL before those bands became big and everyone started to listen to punk. This was back when we used to get beat up and made fun of because we skateboarded and listened to punk music. The ironing is delicious......

16+: Getting more into punk and indie bands< At the Drive In becoming my favourite band< just listening to more and more music non stop.

First concert: Beastie Boys in grade 4

My mum is a Beatles fanatic.

Dad is a music geek.....he has thousands of records, tapes, and cd's, dating back to when he was a kid. That's what I hope to be like.....

Archived