Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Yeah so the roof of my garage went up in smoke July 4th

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pistol, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah so the roof of my garage went up in smoke july 4, at 11:20.
    my and the neighbors were fighting fires barefoot steez. so only the wood shingle roof was fucked the frame and walls were pretty much untouched unless of course you are from the insurance company in that case, the picasso was destroyed along with the salami in the trunk of the dodge.

Firefighters
    http://textamerica.com/user.images.san/46/IMG_408346/_0707/T40407070644290.jpg'>

Inside of the garage with the tarp the firefighters used to protect our stuff.
    [img]http://textamerica.com/user.images.san/46/IMG_408346/_0706/T40407061620290.jpg'>

The front of the garage with a shot of the roof.
    [img]http://textamerica.com/user.images.san/46/IMG_408346/_0706/T40407061619290.jpg'>

The fallen burnt roof and some other crap.
    [img]http://textamerica.com/user.images.san/46/IMG_408346/_0706/T40407061618560.jpg'>

The new skylight view from inside.
    [img]http://textamerica.com/user.images.san/46/IMG_408346/_0706/T40407061618120.jpg'>

These were taken with my camera phone cause I was too lazy to go get my digi. Possibly more later.

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

were fireworks involved?

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

or meth production?

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

i thinks its pretty safe to say fireworks were involved.
    i was asleep putting off getting up to go to work.
    my girlfriend just came back from watching fireworks down my grandmas house.
    she noticed the fire.
    it must have just started when she got there.
    i heard "the garage is on fire".
    i jumped out of bed put on my dirty work pants and the first t-shirt i could find ran out barefoot.
    caught my dad's head as he slipped on the concrete.
    grabbed a hose and started spraying the roof.
    the next door neighbor jumped the fence and grabbed our other hose and started hose the fire too.
    two more neighbors ran from 2 houses away and even jumped on the roof to fight the fire from above.
    shit was hardcore! considering it aint evens dudes house they still went all out.

5. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

those neighbors deserve flowers and beer.
    glad no one was hurt, good catch on your dad's head.

6. KillWhitey

KillWhitey Banned

The roof! The roof! The roof is on fire!

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

yo pistol...I gotta say thats pretty fucking dope that the neighbors were all helping out. some places...mother fuckers would come out of their houses with marshmallows and beer.

sucks the roof went up in flames...and a damn shame you lost that Picasso? Wasn't there a DaVinci drawing inside of it? At least you got insurance and no one got hurt.

8. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

9. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

you guys need to throw a bbq for those neighbors. mad beer and weed if they swing that way.

10. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

a copy of big uns was in the trunk next to the salami.

possible future for the area is brand new garage with a 2nd story, master bedroom, bath, and possibly a 'kitchen' depending on building codes along with a possible small room downstairs and another bathroom.

i was really tripping out on the neighbors myself.
    my neighborhood is pretty much all Mexicans and everyone's got a pretty big sense of community and family.

the garage is like 3 feet away from our enclosed patio which is connected to our house with wood shingles. so if me and the neighbors didn't act fast the house could have easily went in a matter of minutes. I got outside with the hose in less than a minute and i saw firsthand how fast it spread. if we waited till we smelled smoke it would have been gone.

11. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

sucks that your garage went up, but its always good to hear that neighbours will help when it really matters.

come to think of it, sounds like your neighbours were acting like a bunch of canadians...:D

12. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

:lol:

how so? by sending 3 people to 'foreign land' to help out.

13. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

thats fucked up you should call ABC's "extreme house makover"

14. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

thats unfortunate pistol =(

rip oolong & pistols roof. but atleast it wasen't your actual house roof (living room/bedroom), and atleast no one got hurt!

god bless good neighbors!

15. sarahyoulose

sarahyoulose Senior Member

this reminds me of the time that a drunken driver drove his car into the side of our car port
    he also hit the gas meter and the WHOLE block had to be evacuated from their houses at 1am incase our house exploded
    it was v.upsetting sitting outside thinking that my house could blow up at any time

*sigh* and they knocked out 6 hedges with their car too . now our yard is ugly