Yaaaay!!! Let's hear it for the police state!

SF1

Hundreds Arrested During Wisconsin Halloween Bash

MADISON, Wisconsin (Oct. 30) - Police used repeated bursts of pepper spray early Sunday to break up a crowd of Halloween celebrants, part of a weekend of revelry in which more than 400 people were arrested.

No serious injuries or property damage were reported.

Police declared an unlawful assembly early Sunday in Madison, Wisconsin, and used officers on horseback to move chanting and beverage-tossing revelers off the streets. The pepper spray was used after cups filled with beverages and ice were thrown at officers.

Most arrests were for alcohol-related offenses, said Lt. Pat Malloy. He said the local detoxification center was filled to capacity and some people had to be taken to emergency rooms.

There were 269 arrests overnight and 178 the night before, Police Chief Noble Wray said.

Madison is the home of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Officers used pepper spray last year to disperse partygoers that had started a bonfire, started fights, began crowd surfing and set off firecrackers. There were 455 arrests last year, but no serious injuries.

Among those partying Friday night was Max Costello, 18, a University of Wisconsin freshman dressed as a "Miller Light Knight.''

He said he spent about a week making his costume, which was made entirely from cans of Miller Light. He was one of the members of the Beer Knight Trio from the Witte Hall dormitory.

"We also have the Coors Light Knight and the Busch Light Knight,'' Costello said. "Making the costumes wasn't so easy, but getting all the beer cans certainly was.''

Elsewhere, police in Athens, Ohio, home of Ohio University, made 95 arrests at a Saturday night Halloween block party. Police described the crowd as belligerent but smaller than in previous years. Forty-eight of those arrested are college students, officers said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaaay!!! let's hear it for the fascist Christian Right douchebags taking over our country and stamping out freedom!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Madison has always been a party town, but I haven't been there since about 1970. I hear these days it's all about keg parties and fraternities, and very little student activist politics. Not surprised, really. That shit was pretty much over by 1975 or so.

madison- home to tha funcrusher.

there is a time and a place for tear gas and thats a riot. Where people are burning buildings and looting stores and shooting. Not when a bunch of college students are trying to have clean fun. This just goes to show what level the Madison PD is on. They probably went home and thought they actually accomplished some shit. On the other hand i would say they failed on a huge scale

Whoa! Some people in a crowd of hundreds responded appropriately to provocation by dickheaded cops infringing on their constitutional right to celebrate Holloween! Then the Cops responded like the overzealous millitant thugs that they are and morrons like you come to expect from our (public servants)! Go fuck yourself dickhead!

What' next? Christmas carolers tazered, mased and arrested on Christmas Eve for "unlawfull assembly"???

Oooh, you got me dawg! I'm a shit head. :dozey:

I got an idea though. What's good with responding to the topic at hand? Or even replying to someones post without busting out Teachers red pen and passing out grades for spelling? Personally I don't even care if you call me a shithead, just at least explain how it is that I'm a shithead without it coming down to typos and misspelled words for crying out loud. What the fuck is this... English class? :dozey:

or..or....maybe i'm the shithead.

i just posted that because i thought it was funny.

much like your original spelling error. and your reaction and subsequent correction. i actually wasn't trying to clown you about

your spellling, i LIKE spellling errors, believe it or not. i'm fully aware that

picking apart somebody's spellilng is a cheap tactic in arguments..unless of course

your arguments are worse than your spelling.

but you're over-reacting like you usually do, so yea, maybe you need to buy a shit cap, diggidy-dawg. go have a kit kat.

Holidays are constitutional rights?

Life, liberty and the pursuit of three day weekends? That how it goes?

Wow. I just re-read your post.... haha. You read into shit more than anyone else on this damn bored. Not a thing was mentioned in the article about what brought the cops to the party, whether they were within city limits (bonfires and firecrackers?)... I don't think fighting is usually just passed by, Madison may be different though.

As far as carolers.... I sure as shit hope so. But I rather they did it for public disturbance. Unless the folks can actually sing and stick to more classical tunes. And are sponsored by Haliburton.

Have you ever considered what shit is like from the cops perspective? What developmental stage is the egocentric sense of self? Like three or four years? You're way behind if you are really in your 30's.

Let's have a little mental exercise:

What would you do if you were at a party and some cat threw a beer on you? Beat his ass. What would your boys do if his boys got his back? Get yours. So...... it's obvious you are a cop, SF.

I can't believe this thread has more posts than the discovery of a skeleton that lends credence to the theory that a completely different species of humans coexisted with sapiens until as recently as what, like 15,000 years ago? 25k?

Originally posted by Krakatau@Nov 3 2005, 12:42 AM

Let's have a little mental exercise:

What would you do if you were at a party and some cat threw a beer on you? Beat his ass. What would your boys do if his boys got his back? Get yours.

What would you do if you were at a giant holliday festival with hundreds of other people just partying and having fun, no rioting, just having fun and celebrating the holliday... then a group of redneck douchebag troublemakers rolles up and starts harassing everyone yelling at them that if yall don't scram it's gonna be a fight?

Keep in mind that the redneck fuck faces are greatly outnumbered and everyones drunk. Or are you just timmid? :dozey:

this discussion is extra funny. I dislike Cops , Halloween and drunk assemblies , so my input would be usless to everybody here, but this discussion is hilarious. Especially when Poeises called Isor SF's private dancer and spelled spelling wrong twice , oops threee times.

Originally posted by POIESIS@Nov 2 2005, 09:15 AM

i actually wasn't trying to clown you about

your spellling, i LIKE spellling errors, believe it or not. i'm fully aware that

picking apart somebody's spellilng is a cheap tactic in arguments..

Guest KING BLING

think about it...

Rarely have I been to a gathering - party or otherwise - and had some crazy riot break out...

Often have I been to or read about the cops showing up at a large gathering and basicly encouraging protesters or party goers to riot by demanding they dispurse at once when they weren't harming anyone...

Cops love riots - they get to crack a few skulls and the media reports it like they are the good guys.

Originally posted by KING BLING@Nov 3 2005, 04:41 AM

think about it...

Rarely have I been to a gathering - party or otherwise - and had some crazy riot break out...

Often have I been to or read about the cops showing up at a large gathering and basicly encouraging protesters or party goers to riot by demanding they dispurse at once when they weren't harming anyone...

Cops love riots - they get to crack a few skulls and the media reports it like they are the good guys.