Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Yaaaay!!! Let's hear it for the police state!

Discussion in 'News' started by SF1, Oct 30, 2005.

1. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Hundreds Arrested During Wisconsin Halloween Bash

MADISON, Wisconsin (Oct. 30) - Police used repeated bursts of pepper spray early Sunday to break up a crowd of Halloween celebrants, part of a weekend of revelry in which more than 400 people were arrested.

No serious injuries or property damage were reported.

Police declared an unlawful assembly early Sunday in Madison, Wisconsin, and used officers on horseback to move chanting and beverage-tossing revelers off the streets. The pepper spray was used after cups filled with beverages and ice were thrown at officers.

Most arrests were for alcohol-related offenses, said Lt. Pat Malloy. He said the local detoxification center was filled to capacity and some people had to be taken to emergency rooms.

There were 269 arrests overnight and 178 the night before, Police Chief Noble Wray said.

Madison is the home of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Officers used pepper spray last year to disperse partygoers that had started a bonfire, started fights, began crowd surfing and set off firecrackers. There were 455 arrests last year, but no serious injuries.

Among those partying Friday night was Max Costello, 18, a University of Wisconsin freshman dressed as a "Miller Light Knight.''

He said he spent about a week making his costume, which was made entirely from cans of Miller Light. He was one of the members of the Beer Knight Trio from the Witte Hall dormitory.

"We also have the Coors Light Knight and the Busch Light Knight,'' Costello said. "Making the costumes wasn't so easy, but getting all the beer cans certainly was.''

Elsewhere, police in Athens, Ohio, home of Ohio University, made 95 arrests at a Saturday night Halloween block party. Police described the crowd as belligerent but smaller than in previous years. Forty-eight of those arrested are college students, officers said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaaay!!! let's hear it for the fascist Christian Right douchebags taking over our country and stamping out freedom!!!

2. Wire

Wire New Jack

HOORAY! Hold on a second and I'll get my hood and giant cross to burn.

3. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

Madison has always been a party town, but I haven't been there since about 1970. I hear these days it's all about keg parties and fraternities, and very little student activist politics. Not surprised, really. That shit was pretty much over by 1975 or so.

4. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

madison- home to tha funcrusher.

there is a time and a place for tear gas and thats a riot. Where people are burning buildings and looting stores and shooting. Not when a bunch of college students are trying to have clean fun. This just goes to show what level the Madison PD is on. They probably went home and thought they actually accomplished some shit. On the other hand i would say they failed on a huge scale

5. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

6. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

Whoa! Police used pepper spray on a crowd that threw drinks at them... Definitely thread worthy.

7. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Whoa! Some people in a crowd of hundreds responded appropriately to provocation by dickheaded cops infringing on their constitutional right to celebrate Holloween! Then the Cops responded like the overzealous millitant thugs that they are and morrons like you come to expect from our (public servants)! Go fuck yourself dickhead!

What' next? Christmas carolers tazered, mased and arrested on Christmas Eve for "unlawfull assembly"???

8. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

"assembally". that's the best spelling mistake i've seen on here in awhile.

9. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

What are you talking about? You're imagining shit. :innocent:

10. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

11. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Oooh, you got me dawg! I'm a shit head. :dozey:

I got an idea though. What's good with responding to the topic at hand? Or even replying to someones post without busting out Teachers red pen and passing out grades for spelling? Personally I don't even care if you call me a shithead, just at least explain how it is that I'm a shithead without it coming down to typos and misspelled words for crying out loud. What the fuck is this... English class? :dozey:

12. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

or..or....maybe i'm the shithead.
    i just posted that because i thought it was funny.
    much like your original spelling error. and your reaction and subsequent correction. i actually wasn't trying to clown you about
    your spellling, i LIKE spellling errors, believe it or not. i'm fully aware that
    picking apart somebody's spellilng is a cheap tactic in arguments..unless of course
    your arguments are worse than your spelling.
    but you're over-reacting like you usually do, so yea, maybe you need to buy a shit cap, diggidy-dawg. go have a kit kat.

13. Take it easy POIESIS. He might start calling you a right-wing asshole, or worse, a cop.

14. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

basically anything sf says floats. Just because he herbs you on a constant basis dont mean you need to get all emotional about it.

15. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

My bad, I thought you were serious. :biglaugh: