y tu mama tambien

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...

i finally saw this flick yesterday.

i really enjoyed it..

in the [2] other threads about the movie, there's a lot of commentary on the sexual aspects of the movie..

undoubtedly... it's fucking blatant..

but i was more impacted by the underlying themes about friendship, loyalty, freedom, society.. and the narrative that added social commentary throughout

quality.

that title is awesome when you know what it means

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I remember watching this movie in full spanish with no subtitles in PR, then watching it again with subtitles a while later in the US with subtitles... I thought they'd completely fucked it up!!!

The whole dialogue of the film (which is fucking brilliant) is based on delicate nuances of the language, slang, and very specific cultural details that were completely missed by the subtitle translations. I was sad cause I thought people wouldn't get half of why the film is awesome... but the more I hear people talk about it, I'm suprised of how much still managed to come through despite the language difference. I'm not particularly sure how this happened, but I'm very glad it did. Ill movie.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I remember watching this movie in full spanish with no subtitles in PR, then watching it again with subtitles a while later in the US with subtitles... I thought they'd completely fucked it up!!!

The whole dialogue of the film (which is fucking brilliant) is based on delicate nuances of the language, slang, and very specific cultural details that were completely missed by the subtitle translations. I was sad cause I thought people wouldn't get half of why the film is awesome... but the more I hear people talk about it, I'm suprised of how much still managed to come through despite the language difference. I'm not particularly sure how this happened, but I'm very glad it did. Ill movie.

the translation was awful. and i wasn't really feeling the movie. i don't really recall my main beef because i saw it so long ago. it registered a positive feeling "eh" though.

Archived