Xhow to be xHARDCORExX.

ElectricitySucks

so...you think your hardcore, huh? youve been in your local bullshit deteriating scene for.....3 months? your at every fucking metalcore show JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW YOUR COOL. I must say that maybe just a few years back, say...99-2000, (when i first started going to shows) the "scene" was definitley NOT what its like today. Within the past 2 years, you HAD to have a dresscode. dresscode is as follows:

If your truly hardcore, you always have on a black shirt. always. and what size is it? thats right. its a xxx-small. too tight? yes, but you dont want to let people know that inside your really crying about how tight your shirt is.

your pants? the same. girl pants. TIGHT AS FUCK. the tighter, the cooler.

KEYCHAIN. yeah that little keychain thing that goes around your belt. yeah, thats awesome. NOT.

METAL STUBBED BELT. your a fucking moron, end of story. especially these white metal stubbed belts....ACQUIRE A LIFE. And, the girls wear pink ones too.....DIE.

YOUR BANDANA. this seriously i just dont fucking get. who started this? it was said in a thread before, i dont know where it is but it said something like.."your not going to rob a bank." yeah your tough, wear that shit while your dancing. you sure as hell wouldnt put that in your back pocket in some places cause youd just be fucked up for flashing colors. fucking pussies.

another thing, pretty close to the bandana is. YOUR BASEBALL GLOVES. real fucking cool man. YOUR AT A SHOW NOT A BASEBALL GAME. whats next, wearing hockey helmets to shows? oh, the baseball gloves are just a toughness factor. what kills me is seeing these young kids taht have on a bandana and baseball gloves and they dont even dance. theyll just be like 5 people behind the outside of the pit. FUCKING PANSYS GO HOME.

your hair. apparently, if your hair isnt black, then your cant hang out with my friends after the show to the diner. REAL COOL. your hair must look like every shitty new metalcore bands hair. dyed black, and MUST cover your face. FAGGGGOOOOOOOOOTS.

im happy to say that i havent seen any over stretched ear plug things lately. good job assholes i guess your mommy wouldnt let you. go mom.

YOUR SHOES. ok, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE THINGS CALLED? you know what im talking about they look kind of funny and they sell them in different colors. whatever, THEYRE GAY. also.....SAUCONYS. REAAAAAAL COOL.

mesh hats and those other kind of hats. DIE. PARIS HILTON WORE THEM. AUTOMATICALLY NOT-COOL. lipring- just die. thankyou.

your screename must be something like "xdyingxBLOODriverXloveXmuRDERxXXx" if its not then. hey. your cool. and your away messages must be SHITTY SONGS. like... "bless the matyr kill a child" or WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT SONG IS. "w00t." oh my god. DIE.

THUGCORE. yeah, we realize your making a difference in the dresscode and trying to be different, but YOUR NOT TOUGH. go ahead, wear g-unit/straight rimmed hats... and all the shit, good for you. yeah, start a fight with everyone, your cool.

YOU MUST "<333333" NORMA JEAN. ive never heard so much BULLSHIT in my life. all you fucking get it "DUN DUN DUN EeEeEEEeeEEeE" THANKS FOR KILLING THE HORROR CHORD. "weeEeEeeen" go away.

you listen to shitty metalcore, NOT HARDCORE. yet, you apparently are hardcore. you "<3" norma jean, 18 visions, fucking every shitty band with breakdowns out there.

love the music, hate the kids. If this whole thing pertains to you, TAKE IT PERSONALLY. just know that you can do whatever the fuck you want. you dont need some shitty uniform.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you forgot the following BRO.

-talk shit on EVERYONE in a passive aggressive way: yes, your a huge pussy. but when you go to shows you have to love everyone, because YOUR not ever judgemental. your not human you divine unjudgementing being you. whenever you see your "HXC FRIENDZ" your all "hey brooooooo hows it goin?" and chit chat. but no sooner as theyve walked off to talk with another scenester you have to be like "yeah....hes a cool kid. mad cool..........................................buttttttttttttttttttttttttt.........." and proceed to talk shit.

ex:

"yeah....hes a cool kid. mad cool..........................................buttttttttttttttttttttttttt..........he seems like he might be maybe kind of possibly a scenester....ya know dude? like.....i love the kids. hes ill......but like......his shirts not tight enough.......hes awesome though, you know?"

*oh yeah, if you wear camo pants now your SO out of it. GOD. its not cool to wear CAMO anymore. you fucking weirdo.

um, norma jean is good.

plus, one of the guys takes his 4 year old son on the road with them, and the kid is the cutest thing in the world.

you can talk shit about hardcore kids, but leave norma jean out of it.

they're good.

seeks/break downs and sing alongs

Originally posted by seeking

um, norma jean is good.

plus, one of the guys takes his 4 year old son on the road with them, and the kid is the cutest thing in the world.

you can talk shit about hardcore kids, but leave norma jean out of it.

they're good.

seeks/break downs and sing alongs

oh oh oh ouch ouch ouch. i guess bands/trends differ in area. it all goes along with jumping on the -hate this band bandwagon- and it all has to do with perspective and all, but here, norma jean is a NO NO. they have caused every 14 yr old kid who wants to start a band KILL the horror chords and approch to look "hardcore."

and i dont know if youve seen them live. but ive been to 2 of their shows and i cant tell how how bad they sound. i think theyre more into throwing their guitars around and their singer (new one) just cant keep one note *when screaming. ive heard "they just dont give a shit," which is understandable, but play good if you want people to like you.

Thats funny. I would say the scene in 1999-2000 was definitely not like the scene in 94-95 when I started going to shows. And then I'm sure the scene in 1988 was different from that, and so on and so forth. 90% of hardcore kids are just lame centrist suburbanites. They all get the same policy as toys, just shake your head and move on, its not worth the effort.

norma jean is meh. I thought it was funny when they were called "luti-kriss" or something like that. that new premonitions of war shit is hot though. Hot.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

If you define yourself by any kind of "scene", then I hate you anyway. Trendy fuckers......

Well said,

and on a side note would anyone take the time to make a list of the dumb things dumb kids are doing? Who really gives a fuck?

Is it too insane of an idea to just listen to fucking music nowadays?

Instead of bitching about every little aspect...

Instead of going to EVERY fucking concert around and either

a) Showing everyone just how hardcore you are...or....

B) Showing everyone how hard those kids are trying to be hardcore and laughing...

Blah..my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

hardcore is not suppose to be cool.

exactly.

neither was skating/riding.

now though:

http://images.killermovies.com/g/grind/gallery/0_poster.jpg'>

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/stagedive/NewWallpaper/avril-lavigne-wall-02.gif'>

I am proud of any underground act, hardcore, punk rock and hip hop making money off what they love doing. But one thing that bothers me is when you got the media striving off these subcultures. The reason why I say hardcore was never meant to be cool, was the fact that it was meant for groups of kids with similar intrests that did not have much in common with the mainstream. To have a place to go on the weekends with their new family and friends. I used to love go to shows and seeing kids I havent seen for a while all meeting up to catch a show at cb's. I welcome anybody coming into a scene, I was welcome with open arms at a young age. But please it should not be about who is cooler then another. I mean deep down inside none of were "cool"