X-BOX 360

DETO

so who's blowing $400.00 for one? or $300.00 for the cheap version? hopefully, i'm getting mine tonight. yay! a friend of a friend works at a game stop and they got them in today. he called my boy up and told us he could sell a few of them before the 22nd. i don't even like video games too much, but this thing is awesome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still deciding whether or not to get this shit for my little brother or not. Y'know, for Christmas. I heard stories about the technical problems it has. Like it might not be able to read regular XBOX games and some other bullshit.

But let's say I did buy it and the "new-and-improved" version comes out. Can't I just switch/trade my purchased XBOX 360 for the improved one? I know the same thing happened with the release of the PS2 and the XBOX. The XBOX couldn't burn burned CDs on it's hardrive. Then they upgraded it and it was a whole different story.

Blah.

Check this:

I've been telling my friend (I call him the XBox Advocate because he is a fanboy/ps2 hater) for months to drop 50 bucks on the preorder for the 360. He would always replied that I'm an idiot and that he'll get the system opening day, no problem; that it would be impossible for him to not get it.

He calls me a couple of weeks ago and tells me that he went to trade in his xbox and they told him that even with the pre-order, he likely won't be seeing a 360 Bundle pack (which is the real deal bargain) until February.

This means that he'll have to buy the Core system, and spend insane amounts of money on things he could have gotten for only a hundred dollars more, total.

I told him so.

------

Me, I'm waiting for the PS3. I know that it won't be out until next winter, at least (even though they say 'spring'), but that is definitely the system for me. Sony is banking on it, therefore, so am I.

*also, it's gonna have the Blu-Ray. Reason enough to buy it, even if you're not a gamer. Heck, there will be a TON of reasons for non-gamers and casual gamers to buy it.

IC Shadow, I'll agree that nothing on the 360 really looks that impressive (though I am eagerly awaiting to play CoD 2 on the big screen with the 5.1 on fullblast), but it's only the first generation games, so give it time.

BTW, if anyone wants to bother, there is two new trailers for Armored Core 4. One is for the 360, the other for PS3. You can compare them both, if you'd like. I didn't bother because my comptuer sucks.

I saw the 360 in Target yesterday. A kid was playing Call of Duty 2 and not only does it look every bit as good as it does in the commercials, but it plays faster then anything I've seen of that quality on a desktop. I really hope they drop the price on this soon.

The thing about Microsoft and the X-Box, though, is that they lose money on each sale of the console. The original X-Box they were selling at their cost instead of at profit, hoping to regain the money on software and X-Box Live. So I don't see the price dropping in this puppy anytime soon.

It really runs fantasticly.

Originally posted by Gat:Bush@Nov 20 2005, 10:22 PM

i would get the premium, but it doesnt make that much sense since i dont have hi-def tv.

actually, video games are fucking stupid.

yeah, man. and fuck movies, tv, and books, too.

Incidentally, did you guys hear about Spielberg's deal with Electronic Arts? A 3 game deal and he has offices in there now. Finally, people are starting to realize how great a medium videogames are to tell stories. They're pretty much interactive movies that are a lot longer.

John Woo is doing a game that will be the sequel to Hard Boiled. It'll be called Stranglehold.

David Cronenberg is making a game, too.