Wu- Tang Meets the Indie Scene

cultural me

This cd is pretty good, not as fantastic as i thought it was the first time i heard it playing, but still good. The first times through it was great, there's a reason RZA is the shit. Casual actully rips a track on it (oh my god) and the del aesop is good too. C.C.F brings it with interstate. gza, rass always. but what really shines are the beats. Like i said, there is a reason RZA is a prince. in fact, the beats take me back to birth of a prince.

"my glock, my 4, those shots through your bedroom door"

who?

no, not me.

me?

cultural me

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nahhh... that RA track is the real gem. Rugged Man's flow (not the words) on that track is probably the best string of syllables on that disc.

I definately wasn't feeling that Doom/RZA collab... but I guess MF dropped his verse over the melody (without a beat) so that gives him an excuse to sound like horse-shit.

The Del/Aesop thing was blah.

But that solo Del track was ill. Nice to see dude bring a new style to the table.

I wanted to pick it up, but there is no way I can support that fucking Apple logo bullshit. When it comes down to it, when you strip away all the hip and tech status that comes with Apple, it's the same thing as putting a big giant Burger King logo on your music.

I like Apple, butt-fuck corporate cooption of musical styles and ideas no matter how "cool" or "good" the corporation.

Also, Apple's retail store division is a piece of turd.