wtf...snakefish ?!

alure

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/art2002/snakeheadgiant22inhead.jpg'>

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/art2002/FISHPA11.jpg'>

alright i just moved to maryland and have never heard of this fish...it's fucking creepy, it has no known predators and can walk on land...

The news keeps getting worse for Maryland wildlife officials. Biologists sampling the lake captured more than 100 juvenile northern snakeheads, confirming their worst fears: The air-breathing, land-crawling, voracious predator found in a pond in Crofton, Maryland, is multiplying.

The U.S. has many problems right now, but its deadliest threat can grow to three feet long: The Chinese Snakehead. Investigative reporter Joshua Allen goes deep undercover to get the government’s reaction to a meat-eating snake.

Snakehead fish found in seven U.S. states

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The land-walking snakehead fish that is native to Asia has been found in seven states and the Bush administration will announce Tuesday a ban on U.S. imports of the predatory fish.

Interior Secretary Gale Norton: People, my sleep last night was troubled by a terrible vision.

Spokesman for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources John Surrick: Lay it down, clown.

Norton: An unholy spawn, a thing that was not meant to be. A fish with the head of a snake, a meat-eating snake-headed fish – and it could walk on land!

University of Washington School of Fisheries Professor Malcolm Ostrom, Ph.D: Yeah, that’s what we’re here to talk about.

Norton: It called itself Tsathoggua, the amorphous, toad-like god creature mentioned in the Pnakotic Manuscripts and the Necronomicon and the Commoriom myth-cycle preserved by the Atlantean high-priest Klarkash-Ton.

Surrick: That was no dream, Madame Secretary. These snakeheads are all too real – and all too deadly.

Norton: Folks, we need to wipe this abomination from the face of our beloved mother Earth. Let’s do a little brainstorming and only serious ideas this time, gents.

Ostrom: Before we jump right in –

Surrick: We don’t want to hear it, doc.

Ostrom: I’m asking for a holding of the horses.

Norton: I don’t want to hear any PETA shit.

Ostrom: This is a magnificent species were dealing with here, my friends.

Norton: Here we go.

Surrick: Malcolm, please. You’ve seen what this thing is capable of. The eating, the running, the eco-terror. It needs to be terminated with way extreme prejudice.

Ostrom: Yes, she is fierce. She is swift and deadly and efficient. But just imagine the potential that she holds, if properly harnessed.

Norton: There’s no harnessing going on with this thing. You ever seen one up close and/or personal? You’re too busy shrieking and clawing out your eyes to be harnessing anything.

Surrick: I say poison ‘em all and let Klarkash-Ton sort it out.

Norton: Totally. The CIA’s got all sorts of new stuff they want to dump in the lakes, see what happens.

Ostrom: I am temporarily rendered speechless.

Surrick: I wish.

Ostrom: That’s like dropping a bomb on Hiroshima to get rid of head lice.

Surrick: But aha! Your inflammatory simile reveals the truth! You admit that the ungodly snakehead is akin to head lice – repulsive, communicative, toxic!

Ostrom: I admit nothing. How is poisoning a lake any better for the ecosystem than the coldly beautiful snakehead?

Surrick: I’m sure we can whip up a batch of something that’ll kill just the snakeheads and leave everything else pretty much OK. Like what’s that stuff that only hurts werewolves or Superman? Something like that.

Norton: Or maybe we could administer a drug that turns the snakeheads against themselves. Like DMZ in ‘Nam.

Surrick: Or maybe we could develop a new species that only eats snakeheads. Genentech could do that over a three-day weekend.

Ostrom: I will only agree to this: We hire professional snakehead wranglers. The snakeheads are brought in and kept in a manufactured habitat where they can be studied and cloned and biomechanically-enhanced.

Norton: You’re saying there could be military applications.

Ostrom: I’m saying you airlift a couple thousand snakeheads to Afghanistan and then sit back and watch the freedom spread.

Surrick: Malcolm, there’s already a bill being pushed through Congress to make it legal for a citizen to shoot – in the stomach – anyone in possession of a snakehead. Those little bastards aren’t going to be allowed to step one stinking creepy foot-fin in this country.

Ostrom: Well, God bless America.

Surrick: Hey. Hey. Stick your finger in this Bible and tell me where it says, ‘and lo, God created this fucked-up carnivorous snake-fish nightmare and it was good,’ and I’ll welcome it with open arms.

Norton: I won’t. I’ll welcome it with my heavy boots of lead and like a Kevlar vest. But I do not want to be the one responsible for ridding America of some kind of elite fighting force.

Ostrom: I’m telling you, they could turn the tide. And there’s a fringe benefit. Let’s say a snakehead is fighting alongside one of our boys, running across the desert with its mutant flippers and chewing up anything that gets in its way. Then, suddenly, the little trooper takes a round in the chest.

Norton: Oh no, poor snakehead!

Ostrom: But our brave soldier is not done serving his country. Mess kits will come complete with watercress, duck gizzard, and tangerine peel. In ten minutes the unit’ll have delicious, exotic snakehead soup.

Surrick: You absolute beast!

Ostrom: Missy, be a dear and bring in some of that soup. Take a whiff of that, huh?

Norton: Whoa. Something smells seriously yum.

Ostrom: Dig in. There’s enough for everybody.

Surrick: Oh my god this is good. It’s so insouciant.

Norton: It’s piquant and invigorating.

Ostrom: FedEx’d from Singapore this morning. There’s a jawbone in the bottom of the bowl that you can use as a toothpick.

Norton: So rad.

Surrick: It’s like those evil creatures are gnawing right on my pleasure center.

Norton: Screw the Army. I’ll get ten times as much from PepsiCo. KFC nuggets, a new Gatorade blend, Doritos, I dunno – they’ll think of something.

Ostrom: OK but I still want the habitat.

Norton: Done, as long as you promise not to raise your own elite fighting force.

Ostrom: I promise nothing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ha....

fucking freaky. I think those are spreading through the mississipi river too and all the way up to michigans lakes now. I hear they are a real threat to the ecosystem.

This got me wondering though.... do you think some people are born inherently evil? Like the "Cainites"? Cause I think I'm cursed.

fugazi...yeah and i said "i just moved to maryland and had never heard of this thing" i never said it was a new thing... i actually heard of it a couple of months when i first moved here..but just actually looked up pics..and didnt find a thread on it... but yeah thanks smarty pants ;]

Originally posted by alure

fugazi...yeah and i said "i just moved to maryland and had never heard of this thing" i never said it was a new thing... i actually heard of it a couple of months when i first moved here..but just actually looked up pics..and didnt find a thread on it... but yeah thanks smarty pants ;]

Just trying to be helpful :)

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by MrChupacabra

Will these things try to eat humans?

I hope they do and I get attacked...I will bite the shit out of one of these

My homie had a snakehead for a while, and im sure there from the same species, its just that his wasn't so dark looking. it was vicous as fuck though. the bloody thing would jump out of his tank and into the net which held gold fish or baby mice, and eat them before you could put it in the tank. i never even concidered putting my hand in the tank when he had it.

then he got paranas(sp?), a school of 10 in a big ass tank, and they were nothing compaired to the snakehead. i would help him clean it, and poke them while they swam around. the paranas would just swim away. they wouldnt even eat right away, they laze around and shit and take small bites.

it's orange in the pictures i see...

some speculation on how they got in the rivers was because someone had it as a pet and it kept on growing so they dumped it in there.. haha they tried draining the lake when they first found out about it..but i guess it must have jumped out and hitchhiked or some shit...haha

Originally posted by GucciCondom

I'll be in Ocean City, Maryland for a week in August. Do they have them shits around that area? I want to capture one and bring it home and scare small children with it. :cool:

keep that beast on a leash and take it for walks and shit, train it to play catch. or to be your guard fish.

I just have this mental image of arms and legs with sneakers popping out of those things when they jump out of the water, onto the ground.

Seriously, how do genetics allow things like that to slide on ground ? Are they actually fast ?

Archived