Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WTF? hanging shoes on power lines?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jul 4, 2002.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

so what's this all about?

http://www.east-harlem.com/images/t_lamp_shoes.jpg'>

I've heard that it could be a gang sign, or a memorial, or a drug thing.

[img]http://www.danheller.com/images/California/SanFrancisco/Misc/shoes-big.jpg'>

I just know that my old Adidas Samba's are going to get 'Wired' and I dont want to offend anyone.

[img]http://www78.homepage.villanova.edu/allen.orourke/art/photography/photography/photograph_thumbnail_03.jpg'>

so what [b]exactly[/b] does that shit mean ?

2. THEdude

THEdude Guest

I guess it means nothing,

maybe they got new shoes and don't need those anymore but they had a graet deal of affection towards them. so hanging them lets the world know about it. they can brag about those being their shoes.

I don't know

:confused:

3. eliptik

eliptik Member

sometimes people jump other people and instead of jacking their shitty shoes they "wire" them

4. Step8

Step8 Senior Member

last time i was in Glasgow, kids would beat others up, steal their shoes and throw them up on the power lines.

5. THEdude

THEdude Guest

thats fucking stupid

I would at least kept them or something

damn bullies

6. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

i once threw my friends skateboard on some powerlines =)

7. sneak

sneak Guest

i thought it meant that hard drugs were for sale

but wait, who cares?

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

WAY back in the day, in the 80's, it meant that you could get crack on that corner... or, it meant that somebody lost their shoes...

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

yeah.. I herd the crack/junk connection... and I DONT need junkies ringing my bell.

10. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

we just did that shit for fun around here. we once saw a bum with a huge poll that would knock the shoes down and put them on.

11. cornelius

cornelius Member

sometimes in the army, the people that are retiring or who don't reenlist after their 6 years or so throw their boots on the powerlines in celebration of the end of their service..
    their boots symbolizing the hard work (marching and PT and all that fun stuff) that they did.. they hang em up to say "hey, i'm out buddy, no more of that shit for me!"
    a lot of times they'll paint their boots up before doing it... sometimes the flag of the country their family originates... i've seen ireland and puerto rico a lot..
    anyway.. i don't know if it's tradition or not.. it's just something i've seen around the army bases i've lived on...

12. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i think that crack shit is an urban legend...i was tossin shoes up way back in the day.i didnt know why people said it was for drug dealing..thats bullshit..if it is, people musta looked at the "urban legend" and did it,but i doubt peole really went to go buy crack from the guy standing under the shoes "hanging on the wire". it just doesnt work that way.

13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

good answer

14. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it normally means that someone got jumped there... however, round these parts it means some kid got a new pair of shoes.

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

or in my case.... I want to spice up the view from my window.
    And I'll tell people coming over to "Just look for the Adidas".

or maybe tag the soles of the shoes before heaving them up.
    I also tossed a walking stick up once on NewYears.