Writing your own name

Dantheman

First off, this is not another 'Should i write Cope or Bates' thread.

But I'm wondering, even though it must feel cool to put up something that has a link to you, like Espo does, or simply peeps who put up their first names or nicknames, won't you be extra fucked over, if you get busted when they see it says Rodolfo on that wall JUST like on your ID? Of course this example is somewhat overstated, but won't you agree it's unneccesary extra evidence to give?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Irite0n5tuff

Dont start that shit again:rolleyes:

Well I'm not trying to start anything 'again', I searched in old threads for some time and came up with nothing. But since you're SO tired of this topic, could you link me one of the old threads about this? Thanks

Okay, I might have misunderstood.

But if writing f.ex Rob if your name is Robert is extra evidence, then shouldn't it count as extra evidence to your gain if you're putting up a different first name than your own? Someone must know something about this, any enlightment is appreciated as I know nothing about the law concerning this shit. Thanx

NO NO NO NO. If you get caught and they see your name(gov name) on the wall near you, how can that extra fuck you. They still have to arrest you for what ever reason they have. Thein a court of law they have to proove that the name was written by you.

Scott, jeblonZero, it doesnt matter.

the problem is when you have shit for counsle. If you have a good lawyer, he will knock almost any graff charge down to getting tossed or minimal fines. Unless they actually catch you wirting on some thing. But at that point they have no "real" proof that you did the other 20000 around the city, It, of course stands to reason that you did them, but "standing to reason" doesnt mean shit. It seemed like OJ killeded that white lady, but hes a free man ready to kill again.

The Law will always try to scare you. Plead out and itll be easier, Fuck that, always go to trial if you have a good lawyer. PDs suc and will help get you fucked cause they have no real incentive to help you or to bust their ass and reasearch the case and its merits.

painting your own name is ballsy.. if you paint you might as well be ready to get busted someday..it may be a little harder to deny your the one writing your name all over..but if the 5-0 wanaa bust you they will no matter what you write..obvious right? so why not write your own name thats what alot of oldschool cats did..its like a part of graf history no question

i write my own name and hears shit thats happened:

1- an art college professor of mine told me he saw me up, and liked it. I told him it was someone framing me. hahaha.

2- I got bagged, and the pork aked me what it says, I told him my name, he said he respected me for my balls and let me sit in the front seat while two other porks sat in the back.

3- my father saw me up and mentioned it.

4- random girls I just meet tell me they saw me up and its an awesome feeling and unique conversation starter.

5-Its a name that probably only 5 other people have in this entire country (USA), and I havent met anyone with this name ever anywhere in my life, so when I get bugged about it by people with authority, not necessarily pork, I say I was framed, or I act like I know and say its pissing me off too and I think its a friend of mine that does graffiti and likes my name and I give htem all the info of that friend(which is all fake).

6-Im expecting to get in a mess one day, a mess Ill regret.

i could go on...but im tired

i dont write my REAL name but my name has been a nickname of mine for about 5 years.......everyone in my family knows thats what people call me.......my dad saw a bomb....and questioned me......i acted like i didnt know what he was on about......but about a week before i got arrested......so it was obvious....but i was still like:confused:

There deffinetly is something personal about it, which is both good and bad. If you're in court, even if it shouldn't it could very easily have influence, IMO. But then there's that ballsy part about it which is cool. And I have a nice three letter nickname, and those three letter names are hard to find ... :idea:

reasonable doubt?

lol

if you get bagged for graffiti, the chances of it going to a trial are very low..the chances of it going to a jury trial are slim to none..

you won't get read your rights.

if you are lucky, the police won't really bother to make a note of what you wrote, simply that you wre vandalizing.

..it all depends on how serious your city is about prosecuting graf.

amazingly, when i was busted i was wearing my name plate belt buckle, like a complete moron. the police took it from me when i went to jail, along with writing implements and stickers, all of which were done up with my name..

i was questioned by a detective after being incarcerated for some time, and only then was i read my rights..

i invoked my right to be silent, and that was that.

i never heard anything more about my tag

i got my belt back when i left jail.

the name never even came up at 'trial' which was really just me looking sad in front of a judge.

***i have a graf name, i don't use my real name, i'm just saying that in the end, if you get busted, the name probably would be the least of your worries.

Really I might not have room to speak, but shove over I'm maken room. I'm about a six month rookie but it don't matter i've still put up a couple of decent and yet ballsy pieces. Writting your own name I think is very ballsy and yet one of the best ideas, but its to dangerous. Whether you get caught after the act and the same name is seen on your id, or you have family members that hate graff and would kill you if they ever knew you've done it (like me). I'd do my own name but I like the fact that people can get creative with the different combination of letters. Even then its hard to find a name that you like whether it means something or has certain letters in it that you like or are especially good at, unless your a lifetime graff writter and any letter is no problem. I don't know I guess it all depends on your preferance.

Sorry to jabber on so much with this mumbo jumbo bs.

Oh yeah, If ever in a bind with authority, Never under estimate the power of DENIAL.

Originally posted by hottnickels

reasonable doubt?

if you are lucky, the police won't really bother to make a note of what you wrote

I'd beg to differ. It might matter where you live though. Police do bother. I was driving and ended up going by one of my pieces and I saw a bunch of cops around it and they were all profiling it and writing down shit, all I thought was holy shit, oh well no problems yet. It was also on private prop.

hottnickels when i said that i wasnt exactly meaning in a trial. more down the station with a copper. just because your name might be david and you have previous and on the side of the police staion is a massive david tag, without evidence there is a not a lot that can be done.

kinda agree with your other points, in my experience it depends on the copper and what he knows about graff. he will either nick you and charge you with whatever he caught you doing or you'll be DCB'd while they gather evidence.

i dont know where you live but in england we always get our rights read, you can rubbish a whole case in court if shit like that gets picked up on.

only smarties have the answer

Archived