Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Writing a book

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GucciCondom, Oct 7, 2003.

1. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah I have been thinking about writing a book for a while. I have a lot of time so I guess I am going to do it. The only thing is what to write about. Anyone have any suggestions for subject matter?

2. sludgenuts

sludgenuts Member

dude, you could like soooooo totally like write a book about me... my life is interesting!!!!

3. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Haha. I was thinking more the way of a mind-fuck book. But I don't know. Spit some ideas at me fellas.

4. sludgenuts

sludgenuts Member

how about this ill just write up a summary of my life and some interesting stuff. ill email it to you and you can use me as your main character. did you know im half machine...yes folks i am a cyborg..just imagine the possiblities!!!!!

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

write a book about monkeys that wear hats. and juggle. and eat humans. and ride bikes. and throw stuff at dudes. it'd be totally awesome, for serious

6. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

write a history book.

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

or you could get real fagalicious and do some "diary of a tagger" bs

8. diggity

diggity Guest

sounds like a childrens book.

9. crave

crave Veteran Member

write about something that you're familiar with. that's the best way to start off.

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

You should write whatever you feel needs to be written. There are plenty of gaps in our reading selection. A mind fuck book would be cool if it actually like took you to different dimensions. I always wanted to do that.
    I've decided not to write a book until I feel proficient enough in the subject matter I'm studying cause I don't want to just write a book to be writing a book (or milk money off my name or whatever) like some people do. So for now I'll stick to graphic novels and essays and poetry and limericks and lyrics. Besides I gotta have my shit together to write a book. Maybe by the time I'm 30 at the least. If I'm still alive by then.

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

i write alot of random shit all the time. ive written a book but thats locked up tight in a vault because i didnt like where it was going so i just ended it.

but what you should do is not think ahead at all. just write whatever comes to mind.. well not whatever comes to mind.. i dont know how to explain this.

another good thing to do is have a very (x300) basic lay out of where you want the story to go. like. ..
    start out by brainstorming 20 or more ideas of what you want the book to be about. choose one to start out with and maybe acouple other ones that you want to be "pit stops" in the book. if you need further explaination ask.

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Weird. I'm writing a short story now.

I got an idea for it after reading a LOT of Richard Matheson material. All I can say is that it's a cross between Final Destination and something from the Twilight Zone. It's a total mind fuck.

I don't like to share ideas with other people.

Don't ask other people for ideas, try to make something unique. Be warned, if you are writing anything to be published, get your shit straight and RESEARCH. You never know who's reading your stuff.

13. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

oh yes, if you are looking to be published learn acouple of really odd facts about a certain thing. .. like.. fish for instance.. and randomly incorporate little facts into your story, as if the main character is letting the reader know this..

well this is assuming you are planning to write anywhere near the way i right.

the end. <3

14. injury

injury 12oz Loyalist

bump

so i'm finally putting to paper some ideas/storylines that have been bouncing around in my head for awhile. won't be NEARLY as entertaining as bojangles' book ... but im trying.

anyone here done creative writing? struggling with good character development in particular but any advice is appreciated.

gucci could use it too ... coogi sweater author money.

15. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

guccicondom... one of the realest ni66as out.