Writing a book

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest diggity
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

write a book about monkeys that wear hats. and juggle. and eat humans. and ride bikes. and throw stuff at dudes. it'd be totally awesome, for serious

sounds like a childrens book.

You should write whatever you feel needs to be written. There are plenty of gaps in our reading selection. A mind fuck book would be cool if it actually like took you to different dimensions. I always wanted to do that.

I've decided not to write a book until I feel proficient enough in the subject matter I'm studying cause I don't want to just write a book to be writing a book (or milk money off my name or whatever) like some people do. So for now I'll stick to graphic novels and essays and poetry and limericks and lyrics. Besides I gotta have my shit together to write a book. Maybe by the time I'm 30 at the least. If I'm still alive by then.

i write alot of random shit all the time. ive written a book but thats locked up tight in a vault because i didnt like where it was going so i just ended it.

but what you should do is not think ahead at all. just write whatever comes to mind.. well not whatever comes to mind.. i dont know how to explain this.

another good thing to do is have a very (x300) basic lay out of where you want the story to go. like. ..

start out by brainstorming 20 or more ideas of what you want the book to be about. choose one to start out with and maybe acouple other ones that you want to be "pit stops" in the book. if you need further explaination ask.

Weird. I'm writing a short story now.

I got an idea for it after reading a LOT of Richard Matheson material. All I can say is that it's a cross between Final Destination and something from the Twilight Zone. It's a total mind fuck.

I don't like to share ideas with other people.

Don't ask other people for ideas, try to make something unique. Be warned, if you are writing anything to be published, get your shit straight and RESEARCH. You never know who's reading your stuff.

oh yes, if you are looking to be published learn acouple of really odd facts about a certain thing. .. like.. fish for instance.. and randomly incorporate little facts into your story, as if the main character is letting the reader know this..

well this is assuming you are planning to write anywhere near the way i right.

the end. <3

• 10 years later...

bump

so i'm finally putting to paper some ideas/storylines that have been bouncing around in my head for awhile. won't be NEARLY as entertaining as bojangles' book ... but im trying.

anyone here done creative writing? struggling with good character development in particular but any advice is appreciated.

gucci could use it too ... coogi sweater author money.

Archived