Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

writers views on the art they love..

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by pugsly, Oct 16, 2004.

1. pugsly

pugsly New Jack

im doing media project on graffiti and i've got to get peoples view so i wna know what you guys think about all the aspects of the art we do and love..they i gota find some rich people to moan about it.. :hatred: cheers..

2. WARKILLSHOPE

WARKILLSHOPE New Jack

graffiti for me is about making a statement - nobody can say what is art or not because art is opinionated :haha: - i jst wanna make a statement and be heard - CORPORATE WANKERS

3. skroeape

skroeape Member

it looks appealing to us more than to people who are not into it understanably.. attention in some way or another is a motive for every writer just like every athlete or singer it is a PART of the motive.. from certain people.. it looks phat.. rebelious attraction to it etc..

4. skroeape

skroeape Member

but even writers can hgave the view that its "bad" as it effects people just like murders too even though they do it they can see whwee it falls accroding to people rasrcions and shits

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

why are there so many topics relating to graffiti on this forum? graffiti makes me sick.

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I do it for a rush, the fame, the awe i get from toys and the respect i get from people that are wayyyyy better than me.

I dunno, I do it because it's a way to get away from all the sanctioned activities reserved for fun where i live. I don't wanna party with Greek fraternity assholes. I don't wanna drink at a sports bar while i get jostled by meathead dickwads cheering on their sports team. I don't wanna strut at some meat market of a club.

I want to be free and out there painting and being away from a social scene that has little or no need for a person like me. it makes me happy. it makes me feel good. It's a breath of fresh air being able to participate in something not too many people are into. It's an outlet of adventure. it's a chance to bleed off stress and bullshit.

7. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

I just like painting. It's that simple.

8. Coler Blind

Coler Blind New Jack

...its a life style...its a way of life? :beat2: :dazed:

9. pugsly

pugsly New Jack

also so any uk writers solo or a crew..got a pictures i could use..(spose to be my personal pictures but hey why use crap pictures of local stuff when there so much gud stuff out there)cheers :love2:

10. test

test Junior Member

nothin makes me smile like driving by a nice clean wall one day, then driving by the enxt day and seeing a good layer of paint or ink upon it. i like exploring weird tunnels and bridges and highways and railroad tracks and finding writing and markings of man in the most obscure and unlikely places. but really to me it's all about reaction. i like hearin people say "hey have you ever seen that such and such face painted under the bridge on such street" or whatever, whether it's my own work or not. i could care less for fame to my real self, but ilike the thought that some character i manifestd is gettin some attention.

11. skroeape

skroeape Member

(but test really does do it for some form of attetnion from certain people for himself.. trust me) other motives too but all humans care we act like we dont to keep image cool

12. test

test Junior Member

i DID say i like some attention, just not random kids walking up hey did you do such and such are you a graffiti artist yadda yadda. i'm like nah wrong dude sorry. i don't like being labeled as ths and that i jsut do my own thing and fame makes people label you and shit, but i wouldn't mind my writing being famous, but it's prolly a lot more interesting than i am... if it's interesting the elast bit yeaaaah end of ramble

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

yep, that's about the size of it. fuck the politics and fuck the psychology. this is what it's all about

14. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

yep, that's about the size of it. fuck the politics and fuck the psychology. this is what it's all about
    [post=3675290]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

You can't put it any better than both these statements.

15. pugsly

pugsly New Jack

so not one of you guy's have a view on part of graf that they hate,or you think it gives us a bad name? :huh2: