writers getting caught on COPS

deformatron

Ok, i know alot of people are probably going to think this is asking for trouble, but here goes. Does anyone remember an episode of COPS where somebody was caught writing? A friend of mine swears he's seen one, and i seem to remember one from years ago but no names come to mind. Oh, and if it's blowing up anybodys spots or anything, a simple yes and some details will do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blood as ink

i remember an episode where they busted some tagbanger kid in a tunnel with some girl...that was about 5 years ago or so when i saw that.

Guest evoloner

I remember an episode where they pulled over a car and in the trunk they found cans of spray paint, then the cop went into this explanation about what these kids do and how there tags represent a certain meaning like arrows mean drugs for sale around the corner and soo on. it was really funny,

Guest SOCCERMOM 1

there was an episode where 2 kids got caught painting a water tower.....helicopters and all were involved. you could kinda see the tags/throwups but they were weak.

there was also an episode where the cops rolled up to a suspected writer's crib. on the way over there, the police give a brief explanation of the kid's plight...he's been arrested before for "tagging", they know what he 'spray paints' and he's also been ratted. they never tell you what he writes(it's very non-glamorizing). when they arrive at his spot, its a semi-suburban home with flowers in the garden and preteens on tricycles. they knock on the door, go inside and arrest the kid, a very quiet black teen, in front of his mom and his little brothers and sisters. the peculiar thing is, is that everyone's so quiet. there's absolutely no ill drama, but rather, a peaceful "end of the road" feel, like when they play 'ooh-ooh child' in the movie 'boyz in the hood'. the surrounding scene and architecture look rather west-coastish. i seen this around 97 so it was probably actually filmed in 95-96, my detail may or may not be as precise as it appears....but close enough. the moral of the story here kids is to make mommy

proud enough that if and when you get caught someday(knock on wood) she won't flip out on you but rather she'll understand the notion that you're probably learning another lesson in the book of life *weep**sob*.....excuse me, i think i'm going to call MY mom now *weep**sob*

mother knows best

Guest SOCCERMOM 1

dude there's so many episodes of cops. they play marathons like 3 times a day now. there's probably ten or more episodes of graf related shit, that happened to slip under the noses of the average 12oz posters..... cops is hella fun to watch, but the

thing that erks me is that they never show criminals who actually get away. they should have a "feel good" episode where all the thugs who run....make it. but i guess the show's true intentions are to provide a way to 'scare' america into not doing

crimes. mission accomplished? ...lol

mommy says, "don't do drugs. unless its cocaine and then i get a cut."

soccermom....

i like totally cried after reading your first post. thats SOOOOO sad!!! =(

=(

right now im doing a M.A.S.H. poem in my computer class (hope MR.Fitzgerald doesnt see me!!!) and its for that black writer on the cops show. i hope he lives in a "mansion" with 33 kids and me as his wife. but you never know. hey, soccer mom, those brownies you baked the other day for th writers picnic made sooo *sleepy*. =(

i love you!

I remember this one episode from San Francisco when they stopped these kids who fit the profile or "looked like" graffiti vandals according to the cops.

That's right! "LOOKED LIKE" hahaha!!!

These nerds were high flossin' tags and stickers all over their shit. Jackets and sacks. Sure enough, they had cans, magnums, and blackbooks.

The cops proceeded to try and match up tags from their peicebooks to see if they had hit anything near where they were stopped. So as to have a real reason for stopping them.

NOT A DAMN TAG MATCHED!! These kids did'nt even get up.

FUCKING AMATEURS for gettin' made by the po' without even layin' it down!

The shit I saw on cops goes as follows

Cops setup a sting operation. They put out massive flyers and shit all around town. They advertised a film being filmed intown and wanted "graffiti people" to show up and get paid for doing a peice and some taggs in the background of an alley that was going to be in the movie. So like 18 guys show up..the "producers" tell them do do all there stuff on these walls to see which shit they would like to see in the background. Bam after they all do throw ups and shit cops bust in and handcuff them all...compare styles and pictures with the shit the people put up. And arrested like 16 of em...other 2 were like local tatoo artists or some bs graphic drawers. I saw that like 4 years ago....I dont remember specifically any of the names...and I dont even remember the location.

Originally posted by modesto

I remember this one episode from San Francisco when they stopped these kids who fit the profile or "looked like" graffiti vandals according to the cops.

These nerds were high flossin' tags and stickers all over their shit. Jackets and sacks. Sure enough, they had cans, magnums, and blackbooks.

The cops proceeded to try and match up tags from their peicebooks to see if they had hit anything near where they were stopped. So as to have a real reason for stopping them.

saw it....they took the kids in, but let them out the next day, there was an ill cense tag in a mailbox the cop was checking, and he asked some girl on the corner if she saw them writing, she pointed where she saw them writing and the cop went over and touched some of the tags with his fingertips to see if they were still wet....the kids claimed they went to the art school....they had a stack of stickers and a ton of paint in theyre bags....it wasnt a COPS episode, just a special on TLC about the SFPD.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Cops setup a sting operation. They put out massive flyers and shit all around town. They advertised a film being filmed intown and wanted "graffiti people" to show up and get paid for doing a peice and some taggs in the background of an alley that was going to be in the movie. So like 18 guys show up..the "producers" tell them do do all there stuff on these walls to see which shit they would like to see in the background. Bam after they all do throw ups and shit cops bust in and handcuff them all...compare styles and pictures with the shit the people put up. And arrested like 16 of em...other 2 were like local tatoo artists or some bs graphic drawers. I saw that like 4 years ago....I dont remember specifically any of the names...and I dont even remember the location.

No no no... It wasn't Cops. It was America's Dumbest Criminals. I only saw the end, I didn't even see any graffiti they did. That really pissed me off though. The kids aren't that "dumb" though for doing their own shit legally. The simplest defense and one that could hold up in court is "I just like that guys style." Just because a kid can write just like TWIST doesn't mean he is Twist and doesn't mean you can arrest him for all the damage Twist has done.

To me the cops were the dumb guys in that segment. If those charges held up in court and the kids were dumb enough to plead guilty, they deserve it.

A big FUCK YOU to all the cops out there for setting that one up.

You know what else pisses me off... Prostitution stings. That's so fucked up and degrading. A horny mexican dude goes out tricking and get's tricked by the po... Shit aint right man.

Love is free but if a guy wants to pay for it what's the problem?

Originally posted by BizOne

No no no... It wasn't Cops. It was America's Dumbest Criminals. I only saw the end, I didn't even see any graffiti they did. That really pissed me off though. The kids aren't that "dumb" though for doing their own shit legally. The simplest defense and one that could hold up in court is "I just like that guys style." Just because a kid can write just like TWIST doesn't mean he is Twist and doesn't mean you can arrest him for all the damage Twist has done.

Oh yhea thanks man..I remember seeing that now. I knew it was some gay cops show. But yhea they showed the video of the kids doing some throwies and taggs...and like an elapsed time video sped up..but you really could make anything out..and it went to fast...but yhea fuck those cops.

Originally posted by modesto

That was San Francisco Police on the beat. Not COPS.

They didn't even get tickets. It's funny you call them amateurs. Do you even know who they were?

And of course a bitch ratted.

i watch cops almost every day...they got two 2 hour segments on and ive neveer seen one that had anything to do with graffiti....but they do show alot of stuff when there chasing and shit....lots of bombs on the freeways when there chasing the cars.....nothing amazing though.....

i seen an episode with some graff fools getting caught. west coast i think and they were climbing this low roof sorta area. cops found markers on them. I saw an episode or 2 were the criminals got away. One kid ran into the projects and shaked the jakes. Another a guy was in a car chase and there was even a helicopter but he ran in this big apartment looking building and they never found him.

Guest dauwckauwck

i know this

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

The writers you speak of were mostly from a crew called OFA and it was in the bay area (oakland/berkely) that this sting happened i was unaware that it made cops but they had hidden cameras all over the place and it was a big story on the evening news with extensive footage they defimitly would have had enough to splice some action for the kops. The sting was found to be unethical but some still had to face charges for previous crimes.:(

I saw an episode where these 3 writers were up on a billboard and the cops rolled up and shined the spotlight on em. One jumped down to a rooftop just below the billboard and the other 2 tried to climb down. The rooftop guy got away and while the 2 climbers were on their way down, the cops let a dog loose so when they hit the pavement they'd get chewed up. Both of em climbed back up, jumped on the rooftop, and proceeded to jump across a couple of more rooftops looking for their boy who had made it farther. One of them fell and broke his leg -- of course he got caught -- and the other 2 ran out down a fire escape into the streets and got caught up in a big crowd. They managed to get away and the cops were heated! It was great!

Just kidding.

I remember an eposide I saw a few years ago, cops caught some kids tagging and later it showed one of the kids being questioned. The kid just played it off like he was doing graffiti to get accepted, he must have done a good job too cause later The cops closed with a little speech, something to sort of " Oh, he seems like a good kid, just got mixed in with a bad crowd, blah,blah..."

Getting caught is bad enough without a dozen cameras in your face

i saw one probobly over ten years ago. some white redneck sheriff kinda guy pulled over near this large yard surrounded by three walls of graff, and yelled at the kids (of ethnic color, of course) to come to the car. the cops looked at their hands and saw that there was that imprint of the cap on their fingertips. the cop just fucked with the kids for a while, but let him go and told them he'll be back in a few minutes and he'll arrest them if their still there. the whole segment was about 10 minutes.

that show is so guilty of racial profiling...

Originally posted by blood as ink

i remember an episode where they busted some tagbanger kid in a tunnel with some girl...that was about 5 years ago or so when i saw that.

i saw that one as well, shit man that was years ago though, the kids were like 14 or some shit, it was 2 little latino gangsta...

Guest dauwckauwck

15 minutes away form the real world

Originally posted by BizOne

Are you totally frontin? I'm 15 minutes from Oakland and I don't recall an OFA crew or any news coverage of that sting.

And it wasn't COPS it was America's Dumbest Criminals!!

Stays at home out in the suburbs.And expects to be involved in grafitti thru the internet. This shit is too real for ya junior.....

Archived