Writers Block.... Intermodals and red bull logos....

Greene

I know this thread doesnt really qualify for metalheads but...

Red Bull sponsered this event.... people were painting on intermodal boxes, that are supposed to travel around the country on a schedule....

despite it being a pretty fun weekend and them getting a bunch of old school writers, its a pretty lame idea for a legal jam if you ask me, especially because RED BULL is using it to promote thier sorry ass drink... and also, it could be the first time people are painting graffiti on railroad property with permission... which could lead to companies wanting to pay graffiti writers to do advertisments on trains... much like the playstation 2 ads, that used wheat pasting as their promotion... (hell, i am all about making money to paint some stupid shit, but lets not bring that virus onto the trains)

anyway, i figured i would post it in this thread to see what other train heads think about it..

i also threw in some other flicks from different legal walls that went down that weekend.... they arent trains, but get over it.... i'll make a real train post soon

writersblock2075.jpg

writersblock2099.jpg

writersblock2097.jpg

writersblock2104.jpg

writersblock2108.jpg

writersblock2111.jpg

writersblock2207.jpg

writersblock2122.jpg

writersblock2126.jpg

writersblock2127.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand what all the fuss is about? legal wall or legal train who cares it's just a legal... it's not like you have to restrict yourself to legals just because they're available.

i think it's nuts that the NYC legends made it to alabama

NACHO! damn that's just a trip to me

thanks for the post

that 2 short piece was envy's.....

yeah most people know that envys also writes 2short....thanks for the memo

bump that

rei twenty1

envys one37

pose

totem

revise

scar

tkid

legal or not legal.....they are still running freights

......really who cares if its for red bull

I kind of have to agree with everyone on this...

first off, who cares?

secondly I'd rather that redbull flew people that actually have contributed to illegals before and paid some amount of dues than just dick out and get "graff" kids.

third, the redbull logo is hardly dominating the cars

fourth, Red bull does support a lot of events that are "underground" and its participants without really getting in the way...so I do understand where you are coming from greene, but I say it could have been a lot worse...A LOT WORSE.

thank you for posting flicks too.

peace.

CMW.

hahahahahahahaaaaaa...i wouldnt do it out of principal. just like i'd never send in my flicks to a magazine unless requested by the authors. yeah, the pieces are nice and all, but it's a step in the wrong direction if you ask me. the railroad obviously isnt involved in this, i dont think they'd go for it. they hate graffiti and they always will. i dont want folks to get the wrong idea and think the railroad is becoming more liberal to graf, they're not.