Wow.

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn...when i saw SPACEPOPE's name, at first glance i thought it said SPACEPEOPLE. that made me think of that flash video with the crazy ass space people song and all the retarted heads flying around. man...that video is so choice.

i was bummed when i realized it didnt say SPACEPEOPLE.

you should change your name tho.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Pinup

I hope it has nothing to do with the upcoming Olympics :lol:

Oh you little ignorant frenchie...nothing to do with the upcoming olympics?..lets just say that this stadium IS the olympics!

heres your hitory lesson:

The Panathinaiko Stadium, widely known as “Kallimarmaro”, is the stadium where the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 were held.

Even in ancient years, the area where the Panathinaiko (or Panathenian) Stadium stands today was largely used to host the Panathenean Games, festival events that were held to honour the Greek goddess Athena (the Goddess of wisdom, skills and warfare and protector of the city of Athens in ancient Greece).

Historians considered it to be “a miracle above description that it had almost exhausted the marble quarries of mountain Penteli” (Pausanias). It is situated in the heart of the Greek capital, Athens and was first reconstructed in 1895 for the purpose of becoming the main stadium to host the 1896 Olympic Games.

The time has come to serve once again as one of the competition venues for this great sporting event: the 2004 Olympic Games. The renovations that took place, under the responsibility of the General Secretariat of Sports and the Ministry of Culture, included upgrades and modifications on its infrastructure, mainly in the scope of restoration of the monument, configuration of the track and surrounding areas, incorporation of lighting, and establishment of anti-fire systems. During the Olympic Games the Stadium will have a 34,500 capacity for the Marathon finish and 7,500 for Archery.