wow, being a scenester is really expensive

slightly

this past week i found myself in a few stores in new york city that i had heard about from freinds and such many a time. they are as follows

SUPREME- the 'skateshop' boutique with three elitest assholes working the cashier

where was the couch? i thought all skateshops had to have a place for kids to sit...

I felt like i was gonna break something the whole time i was in there.

and not to stereotype (which means im about to) but all persons in the store shopping besides myself and a freind were asian. buying into western culture? nooo...

Stackhouse- the place next to it, the guy from sturggle inc runs the place i guess, and generally its ok, they stock the select clothes from select compenies in select sizes. Some of the hats would have been cool if they charged like 7 bucks for them, but they were like, 68 so um, no.

And a 100 dollar screen printed t-shirt? fuck that, the gonz is cool, but a damn t-shirt graphic he probably didnt even print isnt worth more than 20 bucks.

DJ Honda - wow this shit is amazing. H had at least 20 hats, 6 shoes, 4 snowboards, cell phones, watches, and t-shirts all with his name on them. person behind the counter didnt say a damn thing to me the whole time i was there. Dont get me wrong a personal ego store would be rad, id love to have one, but, well, no.

A-life- 100 dollar graff toys, skateboards and collectable sneakers. no thanks. the only thing worth going in this store was the arguement i had with one of the employees, and the bathroom. Earsnot, Skrew, Duro...lots of noteable writers are up in that bathroom, which wasnt making me pee my pants or anything, but was kinda cool. If anybody buys anything from that place they are just trying to be something they are not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok i immediately take back the asian comment, that is way to synnical and totally unlike me to mention anything like that. but it did go through my mind, so ill leave it up there...

thanks for your patience, and have a great day.

-slightly too judgemental

trendy sucks...i'm wearing a "human billboard" shirt right now to protest trend.

good for these cats that are making money off of the foolish trendsters, though. i'm sure some of them are cool...or atleast have the right idea about ripping off the naive. maybe not...maybe they fell into it and they're a bunch of assholes.

Its funny becuase 90% of the kids that bitch about how they hate trendy kids are walking talking oxymorons... I mean they spend all their time trying to be anti-MTV or whatever but that is getting to be the trend...

Its funny how some people want to dress can get to you that much ... why waste your time hating their guts when you can ignore them?

yeah, yeah, but that wasn't my point...i shop at goodwill to avoid paying ridiculous prices for clothes with a stupid brand name on them, i cut the tags off to make sure i don't advertise after paying for them...i've been doing it for years. i mean, it's nice to dress "nice" sometimes, and all that good shit, and i do have some "good" clothes, btu all that money shit and "i have this or that, so i'm better" really gets to me. i am not materialistic, at all. my folks never bought me anything when i was younger...nor do they really nowadays. my grandmother, she used to try to spoil me, but i'd always decline or ask for money to shop at goodwill or the salvation army. i don't do it because i want to be "cool" being cool, to me, is being comfortable with what you are, not what you wear or have. just being yourself, without a mask, is admirable. fuck what you wear, drive, listen to, or who your father is...it doesn't matter, if you aren't completely honest with yourself and happy with the way your life is when you die, what use was your life?

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

Its funny becuase 90% of the kids that bitch about how they hate trendy kids are walking talking oxymorons... I mean they spend all their time trying to be anti-MTV or whatever but that is getting to be the trend...

Its funny how some people want to dress can get to you that much ... why waste your time hating their guts when you can ignore them?

:lol:

excellent point. wear what you want to wear, thats all there is to it.

Originally posted by casekonly

i shop at goodwill to avoid paying ridiculous prices for clothes with a stupid brand name on them, i cut the tags off to make sure i don't advertise after paying for them...i've been doing it for years. i mean, it's nice to dress "nice" sometimes, and all that good shit...

Well, 1st of all, Goodwill is HELLA expensive, you shuold shop yard/garage sales... and then, think about how much work you are putting into 'not advertising'... YET, at the same time you admit it's nice to wear nice clothes so??? Do you think that confuses people??? Are you the type to buy a Mercedes and break off all the insignia?

Look, I know what you're doing, I went through the same thing... granted, for me, it was 5th grade but... I went to a new school in a new town, my mom worked at a tennis shop so I got the stuff they couldn't sell or marked down... So, within my first week of school some kid (Kennedy was his name) calls me a 'Preppy'... I'd never heard that before but I didn't like the sound so... I got my mom to take all the alligators off my Izod shirts... Then I figured out, 'Fuck what people think' and in 6th grade I just let it ride... then in 7th grade I got my first Adidas sweat suit, Blue w/ white stripes... I rocked that shiot for a year, liked it, got more of them... THEN, Run DMC came out and I was the coolest muthafukka at school... and I was still just wearing cast off shit from the tennis shop so...

point is, let it go, if you got nice clothes, just let them be nice clothes, don't go cutting them up and trying to hide what you are, just wear whatever and let your 'self' shine through...

i just shop at thrift stores period...cant remember the last time i spent more than 2.95 on a shirt, i remember when i first moved from north carolina to arizona and the way people dressed was new to me everyone kinda looked weird or stupid in my eyes. i still wore what i used to and was made fun of alot but shit man i didnt give a fuck, so yeah rock what you wanna rock.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

more more more mesh hats.

I just bought the radest hat.

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/i-1.jpg'>

:bejealous:

Izod shirts rock me softly. So I rock them back. Any black/blue/red shirt I have I wear. Mainly they're a brand that doesnt matter and they're from a band that no one has heard. So how's that for being fucking different. Twats. Any blue/khaki/red button down shirt I wear if its short sleeve. Old Navy khaki cargo pants, non-stop all the time. Unless I wear some khaki colored shorts, non-stop all the time. Then I have one pair of Rocawear jeans, that I will rock, non-non-stop some times. Steady kick my platinum (REAL FUCKING PLATINUM) neclace I got from my grandmother as a birthday gift. And Fossil watch that I don't see the kiddies wearing. And my Gucci 9mm.

smart...the answer to your question...about the mercedes...i wouldn't even buy one to tell you the truth.

as for goodwill being expensive, well, i pay less than 3 bones for pants, that's not as expensive as store bought.

i did say "nice" clothes can be nice...but only for events with the fam, sometimes a date, funerals, or weddings..that is it. it doesn't make me feel like richey rich to be wearing anything "nice" i still byu most of that shit at goodwill, anyway....

as for ripping off the labels...it's not out of embarassment, it's because i pay for it, why should i pay for someone to advertise? that's easy to understand, right?

i dunno, you don't have to agree. it's all good.

The thing is

I was reading this article in this singapore newspaper about a kid who spent $500 on a t-shirt, he made the paper and was saying that it was worth every cent because there was only 1 made and that brand was very hard to find.

i think there is a fine line between people who appreciate art, and suckers drawn in to marketing. 100 dollars for a tshirt should be illegal.

Originally posted by casekonly

smart...the answer to your question...about the mercedes...i wouldn't even buy one to tell you the truth.

Yeah, but they make the longest running cars on the planet, and I have no problem paying for quality

as for goodwill being expensive, well, i pay less than 3 bones for pants, that's not as expensive as store bought.

Shirts and pants at yard sales average 50 cents, you guys a flossin by comparison

i did say "nice" clothes can be nice...but only for events with the fam, sometimes a date, funerals, or weddings..that is it. it doesn't make me feel like richey rich to be wearing anything "nice" i still byu most of that shit at goodwill, anyway....

I think 'dress shirts' kick ass when it's hot, they are cut way fuller than t-shirts and usually made from lighter material but what ever, It seems you worry about how you look more than how you feel. I mean, if you're wearing a button down, even though it may be physically more comfortable than a t-shirt, you feel emotionally uncomfortable wearing it...

as for ripping off the labels...it's not out of embarassment, it's because i pay for it, why should i pay for someone to advertise? that's easy to understand, right?

We're talking about the labels INSIDE your shirt right? Who sees that?

i dunno, you don't have to agree. it's all good.

Well, I don't agree or disagree with you about anything really... I just think it's a bunch of work to go through just to own a shirt...

Archived