would you like blood with those fries

â•š

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/15/mcdonald...d.ap/index.html

Woman sues over bloody Happy Meal

Blood on bag of fries came from employee's cut, suit says

Wednesday, February 15, 2006; Posted: 3:51 p.m. EST (20:51 GMT)

A woman claims she found blood smeared on the inside of a container of fries like this one.

GASTONIA, North Carolina (AP) -- A woman who said she found blood smeared inside her container of french fries is suing McDonald's Corp. for at least $10,000.

Lora Davis, 42, said she was down to the last several french fries that came with her Happy Meal when she noticed the blood.

"At first, I felt disbelief," she said. "Then fear."

Davis bought the meal at a McDonald's in Gastonia, North Carolina, on November 26, 2004, and ate it at her office desk.

When she found the blood, she said, she called the fast-food restaurant and spoke with an apologetic assistant manager. The person later called back and said the blood came from an employee who had suffered a cut, she said.

A regional manager later told Davis the unidentified employee had been fired, she said.

A county health inspector, John Carpenter, said he spoke to the restaurant manager, who confirmed Davis' account of the incident.

Carpenter wrote in a letter last August that he instructed the restaurant manager on how to handle the situation if a food preparer had cuts on fingers or hands.

The county Health Department did not take any action against the restaurant, spokeswoman Shannon Clubb said.

Davis said she went to her doctor to be tested for infectious diseases and was under the impression that McDonald's would pay for her medical bills. When she didn't hear back from the company for months, she filed a lawsuit February 3 in Gaston County Superior Court.

An attorney for Davis said attempts to reach an out-of-court settlement have been fruitless so far.

A McDonald's official declined to comment because the legal claim is pending.

Davis said she continues to have her blood tested, though she has not suffered any illness. She said she stopped eating out for six or seven months.

"I get sick when I think about it," she said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree that people who sue at the drop of a dime are the scum of the Earth, but this woman doesn't seem too bad. According to the article, all she wanted was for MacDonalds to cover her medical bills, which isn't unreasonable.

I know a kid whose parents have made a LIVING suing people frivolously. They don't work, and haven't for years, all because of petty lawsuit settlements. Disgusting...

sue any big giant company for everything.

they have endless amounts of money (mcd's) and they cost you the taxpayer alot of money, ever think what obesity costs people in terms of hospital costs, etc. well i guess you dont have state health care, but im sure your paying for it somehow.

less amount of hot girls maybe? cause theyre all supersized?

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Feb 16 2006, 12:54 PM

Speak for yourself homie. Nothing like a little cushion for the pushion.

And its just the principle of making money you dont deserve that isn't right. To these people, Suing mcdonalds is no differant than suing the unlucky bastard who bumped into them on the freeway for just about every dollar he has.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Feb 16 2006, 11:54 AM

they have endless amounts of money (mcd's) and they cost you the taxpayer alot of money, ever think what obesity costs people in terms of hospital costs, etc. well i guess you dont have state health care, but im sure your paying for it somehow.

exactly.