Would you father a child as a favor?

RumPuncher

Yesh....

So I've been asked if I want to help a female friend

have a child. The artificial insemination route just doesnt

seem as much fun as the old fashioned way, so that's an option.

This is a really warm and caring woman who I guess is hearing

the internal clock ticking down to zero hour. She makes a ton

of money and has made it clear that I would have no legal

responsibilities towards the care of the child. That's a bit messy,

because I couldn't have a son or a daughter without any contact.

So far I'm just avoiding the question, but would what would any

of you people (the ones who dont live with their parents) do?

< great genetics >

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes down to it. Its up to you and how you feel about it. Watching a child grow is one of the most stressfull yet rewarding and amazing things you can ever go through...so think long and hard about this..becuase this isnt something a few years down the line you cant drop...if you do it..do it right..

i dunno about that. what would the mother tell her kid? that he/she was adopted or Artificial insemination? if she says adoption then the kid will eventually want to find you. or is she going to open with the kid from the beginning, in which case you will never be 'free' of this act. i'm sure you wil also have some sort of emotional attachment since i know you care about other people, i'm sure you would have a small problem letting go or staying away.

anyways i dunno. did she tell you specifically why she wanted you to do it? just genetics, or because you are a great guy. if it's just genetics that more safe. if it's cause you are a great guy, she will probably look for more than just a donation, down the road.

no.

women can sell eggs for upwards of $3,000

that still isn't even close to enough for me to bring another human being into this already overcrowded and fucked up world.

the earth is gonna be messed up when our kids are adults.

i wouldn't have a kid unless i thought it was more important than anything else.

a ticking biological clock doesn't override the myriad reasons why having a kid is a bad idea.

if it's all the same to you, i say DO NOT.

on the other hand, what if she had the kid and suddenly you wanted to be a big part of it's life.

would that be a problem for her?

i'd clear that one up too.

i was going to sell some eggs - 5k for a one shot deal....but having to wonder if i've got a kid wondering around out in the world and if it's being taken care of kinda bothers me.

I think being a serrogate(sp?) mother would be along the lines of what your situation is, key. I wouldnt do it. Too much emotional attachment, which in the long run can be a lot more powerful then money or any other promise.

her biological clock is not ticking away.... shes crazy to think that at 28.

i wouldnt do this. i just had this convo a few days back about being a sperm donor. this is some crazy days we live in, what if that kid comes back at you. a contract is only a piece of paper, look at all the zany laws being passed. who knows what sort of patriot sperm donor act someone might pass in 15 years. tell her to see the sperm bank.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by <KEY3>@Nov 15 2004, 02:57 PM

+ I am 25 and she is 28. (yes tesseract... she's hot)

Now that we have that clear, stay the fuck away from that shit. What really pisses me off is the idea many women have that just because they're the ones that carry the baby and they can pull the making on their own right after the sex part somehow they feel that they could just have babies on their own (fuck punctuation btw). Its really the most irresponsible thing to do. The reason this world is fucked is because so many people make babies when they should just pay some more attention in knowing themself better.

Very often babies are used as a 'responsibility' someone drops in life when feeling useless and unimportant. Its fuckin sad. I dont know the girl of course but if half of me was in my future dads balls and the other half of me was deep in that girls vagina and i'd still be able to voice an opinion i'd say i wouldnt want that pshycho for a mom.

And sperm banks can eat a dick too, either make kids or adopt one..this whole frozen liquid market makes me sick

i wouldnt its a big deal..

seriously. many of you already know i'm a single mother.

i mean i'm doing my own thing..but i'm sure you guys can understand how i feel sometimes without me getting all into details. i

its hard..i'm always worn out..and the simpliest things turn out to be so hard..like taking a shower..getting ready..doing my homework..going to the store..

if you have the chance..dont bring a baby into the world with only one parent..

not that one parent cant be a good parent;] but there should be two..

unless you want to be with her..and help her raise the child?

plus later down the road..she can take your ass to court for child support..

and.. the child may grow up hating you later in life..cause you werent in its life..

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by alure@Nov 15 2004, 03:47 PM

and.. the child may grow up hating you later in life..cause you werent in its life..

and hate his/her mother for deciding to bring him/her on the world fatherless...man, its just wrong

yeah... seems like the common consensus is that it's crazy

and selfish. The thing is that I'm pretty sure she'd make a good

mother, but I'd go bonkers knowing that I had a child I couldnt see.

And from a totally selfish point of view.... what would a potential

'mother of MY childern' think about my already having one.

when I do, it's GOT to be right.

btw.

35 is the oldest age at which a woman can have a baby and not be considered "high risk"

that gives her 7 years.

then another ten or so on the "high risk" side of the issue

(whihc means birth defects become more and more likely with passing time)

she actually has some condition where doctors told her she'd

probably never be able to have one. She knows from a previous

experience that she can get pregnant, but that time was a very

bad time for it and I know she made the right decision then.