Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Would you father a child as a favor?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by <KEY3>, Nov 15, 2004.

1. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

Yesh....

So I've been asked if I want to help a female friend
    have a child. The artificial insemination route just doesnt
    seem as much fun as the old fashioned way, so that's an option.

This is a really warm and caring woman who I guess is hearing
    the internal clock ticking down to zero hour. She makes a ton
    of money and has made it clear that I would have no legal
    responsibilities towards the care of the child. That's a bit messy,
    because I couldn't have a son or a daughter without any contact.
    So far I'm just avoiding the question, but would what would any
    of you people (the ones who dont live with their parents) do?

< great genetics >

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

3. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

When it comes down to it. Its up to you and how you feel about it. Watching a child grow is one of the most stressfull yet rewarding and amazing things you can ever go through...so think long and hard about this..becuase this isnt something a few years down the line you cant drop...if you do it..do it right..

4. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

i don't think i could do that. would the kid be fatherless? either way, it would bug me out any time i saw him/her, knowing that i'm their father, but not playing the proper role of a father in their life. just my opinion.

5. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

just make sure your heart and your mind is in the right place...make sure your ready for this..it is a big deal...

6. Is she hot? cause i understand your moral issues so if you feel like flaking out just tell her to buy me tickets.

7. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

the feeling of having a child but no obligation is kind of odd, i would never have this come up, but i dont know, i would probably do it,,,,,how old you are key?

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

if you do it, make sure you get free pudding for life....you have to get something out of it, right?

9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

casexual and his pudding,,,,,,,

10. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

I couldn't do it.
    Especially if its a woman you have frequent contact with ... what would she tell the kid?

11. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i dunno about that. what would the mother tell her kid? that he/she was adopted or Artificial insemination? if she says adoption then the kid will eventually want to find you. or is she going to open with the kid from the beginning, in which case you will never be 'free' of this act. i'm sure you wil also have some sort of emotional attachment since i know you care about other people, i'm sure you would have a small problem letting go or staying away.
    anyways i dunno. did she tell you specifically why she wanted you to do it? just genetics, or because you are a great guy. if it's just genetics that more safe. if it's cause you are a great guy, she will probably look for more than just a donation, down the road.

12. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

well what I meant was what would the mother tell the child, especially if the kid is used to seeing you hang out with the mom... you know its not like some stranger the kid has never met before..

13. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Ehhhh.... Shits questionable.

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

No way, having kids is a big deal...or at least it should be.

15. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Price tag: $500,000 USD. + a Contract.