would you ever consider moving for graffiti?

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...although i wouldn't describe myself as 'hardcore' i have definitely thought about it, i almost did, and it would be a big factor when deciding my next place of residence

..now i'm old though, so it is a little complicated by life's circumstances. it is no longer the sole reason why i would move somewhere (unless the day comes when i find some small town with a great layup)

been there done that...

...several times. it's great, if all you care about is graffiti. but as you get older and (hopefully) start making money, the better way to go is to hold down your hometown and make a bunch of weekend trips for a change of pace or to meet up with crew.

ya i would move in a second. only cuz there is no train station or any yards in this damn city. Graffiti is a huge crack down around here too. Only place you see anything done is in alleyways where only bums live. and i mean trash. There are a few throw-ups but when i say few i mean like less then 5. That is until i got here, now shit is gonna go down in the best way!~:eek: :mad:

it wouldn't be the only reason i'd move somewhere, but a good layup would be a factor i would consider. i'd love to live somewhere that painting freights is cake. it can be pretty easy where i'm at now, but it's not like you show up on a sunday afternoon with a 12 pack and spend 4 hours on a piece. i wouldn't mind trying that sometimes.

i used to live in a town where i could spend a few hours on a piece in a yard withuot being disturbed. the yard workers didn't even care. my crew and i rspected the numbers adn various markings on the side of the trains we painted, and we didn't leave trash, so i guess they kinda figured we were cool. that shit was a blast. i haven't been to the huge yard i was referring to earlier in this post to paint, yet. but it's a big yard.

i'll drop flix when i journey down there to paint.

peaz

i went to amsterdam and decided that i was going to move there, then i decided that i was going to move to geneva one day when i am a wealthy organ donor/medical test subject. i will probably never leave the blighted island nation of australia. although i have canadian citizenship so maybe i will move to canada....

seriously...

If you're gonna move somewhere for graff (in the states) move to Atlanta. Dope artists abound, I think the laws are relatively lax, they dont buff as hard as other cities and plenty of bridges and legal yards to refine them piecing skills.

My city is good also, but I don't want you moving here.:D

yeah,I would......but for other factors also...like going back to school..I try not to out of my way for graffiti...I rep where ever I happen to be at the moment.

of course

its not the only thing in my life but i wouldnt live somewhere with no graff scene. even if i stopped writing. i get nervous when i dont see graff wherever i am. it makes me feel like big brother is closing in and the cops watch to close. i am applying to a few colleges right now and graff is a large part of that.