Would you be a school teacher?

wiseguy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

thats one of my dreams!!!!! you know how many schoolgirls i would be molestin?! ( a teachers joke ) it is one of my dreams to get into highschool teaching and going high and havin some excuse to make the kids think i wasnt stoned or somethin..i would like to teach art..that would be cool...girls gym teacher.:D

my teachers over on kauai burned. the majority of them. my science teacher had a beer with us one night and we blazed up in front of her. we asked her if she wanted a toke and she said she had a dube at home. haha. i fuckin love kauai.

id really like to be a teacher , just a teacher i guess , but i dont know if ill ever really make it down that road , plus im already heading in the opposite direction but its a cool idea.

and jah , do you ever sleep or are you just on 12oz all day , your kingin this board latley .

dude, lately ive been getting no sleep. last night i couldnt get off. i pulled an all nighter. i slept from 7 in the morning until noon today. im in australia though so its only 8 oclock right now. ive been having some late nights though. but by the time it gets real late here its real early over there. or something like that. im tired as fuck right now though.

It seems frustrating - first the kids are total brats, never pay attention, and never do their work, then when their parents wonder why they can't do their homework, the little ingrates just blame their issues on their teacher, then the teacher gets shit from the parents, then the teacher gets shit from the administration, and it goes on and on - that's what a friend experienced in her first year of teaching - and this girl is the most compassionate and caring individual. She had to witness so much family and parental bullshit that it was too much and she left.

But after all that, it's gotta be rewarding. I'd like to teach art to highschoolers some time in my life.

yeah roo. I coach a 8-10 year old co-ed basketball team at the park. and the kids have short attention spans and hate to practice. all they want to do is play a game. they don't follow instructions. none of the parents help out in practice. only 2 parents show up to practice with their kids. and they wonder why their kids suck at basketball.

Guest sneak

about the only benefit i can think of is extra long summer holidays.....but screaming kids, refusals to do wirk etc doenst seem my cup o tea

I chose nursing because one of the major elements of an RN's career is teaching patients things they need to know. Then I became an adolescent nurse. Then, an adolescent psychiatric nurse. Man. If you think a regular teaching job is difficult, try teaching a bunch of kids that have been taken into custody on a mental health warrant and confined inside a locked psychiatric unit. It's one of those jobs where you tell yourself every day "I hate this fucking job, I hate this fucking job, but I just can't leave until these kids are better." As soon as I get one suicidal basket case out of here in functioning shape, they bring another one. Christ, it never ends. One of these days I'm just going to leave my car in the parking lot and catch a train west. I'm so tired.

I want to teach art at a college level-I already have my AA and am working to get my BA----it is going take me awhile....but that's fine.

i want to teach an automotive shop class in a highschool

then i could be the cool teacher with the cool class that everyone

cant wait to go to everyday. it would be tits, i guarantee it

we could tear into students caars in class and shit

woooooweeeeeeeee! im getting goosebumps

Originally posted by jah

im in australia though so its only 8 oclock right now.

Hey Jah, whereabouts in the land down under are you? and why are you on 12 oz. instead of doing tourist things or whatever? :cool:

Id like to teach year 11's and 12's, but kids younger than that would be fuckwits. It would be cool to have young writers in your class if you were an art teacher, you could dazzle them with "Back in my day" stories.

On the other hand, teaching adults has a whole new set of issues - Adults are already stubborn, and they want things handed to them on a silver platter. Well, not always...maybe that's just my jaded attitude...

what would be better? college or highschool or little kids?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i could NEVER be a high school teacher. i would probably be the first teacher to go on a school rampage.

Archived