1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

worst skateboard fall you've ever taken

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by garcia_vega, Jul 19, 2001.

1. garcia_vega

garcia_vega 12oz Elite Member

worst skateboard fall you've ever taken

Discussion started by garcia_vega - Jul 19, 2001

i was reading that skaters unite post and it got me thinking about all my slams. my worst slam was trying to grind a 7 stair rail and it stuck. i landed on my face and broke my cheekbone. i kept spitting blood for 2 days so i went to the hospital and they said they might need to wire my skull back together, but i just never went back to the hospital after they said that.

garcia_vega - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. garcia_vega

garcia_vega 12oz Elite Member

garcia_vega - Replied Jul 19, 2001

o yea, i also split my entire shin open from like 3 inches above my foot to right below my knee. that took a lot of stitches. also trying to grind a rail. i just don't try to grind rails anymore.

garcia_vega - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Jul 19, 2001

i dont think ive ever taken a slam that hard
    damm that had to hurt

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. curious george

curious george 12oz Senior Member

curious george - Replied Jul 19, 2001

tried to hop off my roof, landed, the truck on the front broke in half and i went headfirst into the bench on the porch.

curious george - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. curious george

curious george 12oz Senior Member

curious george - Replied Jul 19, 2001

tried to hop off my roof, landed, the truck on the front broke in half and i went headfirst into the bench on the porch.

------------------
    donnie brasco

curious george - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

Remy Martin - Replied Jul 19, 2001

did a really big ollie, fell wrong, broke arm in 4 places and chipped my elbow

7. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 12oz Veteran Member

Gnes 37 - Replied Jul 19, 2001

HA HA HA HA HA you ate shit i never fall!!!

actually my worst is a 6 stair gap one foot on the board the other on the ground ...
    got a huge sprain..

------------------
    http://www.brokenschool.com/12oz/signature.gif'>
    Broken Schooled

Gnes 37 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. deznatori

deznatori 12oz Veteran Member

deznatori - Replied Jul 19, 2001

First time I met Tony Hawk I was doing backside smiths on this thigh high ledge and got a 3rd degree sprain in my ankle.
    Worst fall...I was rockin' pop shuvits down the 8 stairs infront of our middle school. well I landed it and my back foot was a little too off the board. Caught a toe on the ground and did the splits. Turned out I tore my MCL and strained all the other ligaments (ACL, Patella tendon, and the other minor ones) in one knee. Strained my MCL and Patella tendons in the other. This all 2 days before graduation. So now I have arthritis in my knee, lost about 4 and a half inches in vertical leap, and because of all the other ankle injuries I have arthritis in them too.

deznatori - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. TOE-FOO

TOE-FOO New Jack

TOE-FOO - Replied Jul 19, 2001

one day i was really fucking tired , i had like skated 4 hours that day , and for me , that was alot...anyways , slipped on a 5-0 , and fucked up my wrist .. sure its not the gnarliest thing ,but i coudnt jerk off for 2 months without it hurting

TOE-FOO - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. young republican - Replied Jul 19, 2001

one time I fell on the sidewalk and hit my head really bad...and a guy on a skateboard laughed at me than rode off leaving me in a puddle of my own blood and piss....

11. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Fox Mulder - Replied Jul 19, 2001

young republican, did your shoes fall off?

Fox Mulder - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. uglyfe

uglyfe 12oz Member

uglyfe - Replied Jul 19, 2001

once i silver spooned and compounded my arm in two places breaking 3 bones total. both of the lower arm bones and the main upper bone. ow. i fall alot.

uglyfe - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Jul 19, 2001

I already wrote this in third rail, but here it is again:

Last September I was boarding downtown and when I went to ollie a gap...Smack! I hit a small rock which stopped my board dead. Too bad I kept going. The first thing that hit the cement wa my left knee, followed by my left elbow and hand. I got up and felt fine; picked up my board. After walking a few steps my left knee was hurting. Somehow I got a freind to take me to the hospital and I ended up with a fractured patella. I was on crutches for 2 months and I couldn't paint. Life's a bitch.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  14. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx 12oz Senior Member

Harpo Marx - Replied Jul 19, 2001

I've been lucky for the most part with my share of falls. The worst was when I strained my wrist (again it's not a big deal) I was going back down a quarter pipe blindly and my board stopped and i fell back and landed on my wrist.

Harpo Marx - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. alkaline

alkaline 12oz Elite Member

alkaline - Replied Jul 19, 2001

I did almost the same thing that -Rage- did, except when I landed, I was on my feet. I lost my balance and hyperextended my right knee. About a month after that, I fell down some stairs helping a friend move, and I twisted the same knee. That was about six months ago. I actually went skating the other day for the first time since I got hurt. My knee is still sore.

-Al
    Not waving, but drowning.

alkaline - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: