Worse? how could it possibly be any worse?

bodice_ripper

Hello.

I felt like a good old whinge, and 12oz seemed like a good whinge recepticle. I'll try and keep it brief and impersonal.

My mother has been commited for the third time since she and my father split. She's on suicide watch in a padded room. Dad has fucked off to the carribean, and has already married a russian woman my own age. I've been told in art college that I'm a very talented young lady, but I am going to fail due to my lack of large sculptural work, which is my strong suit. I don't have the work because I no longer have the funds - Mom and Dad were supporting me through college before now. Dad still thinks he is, but never actually gives me any money. All joking aside, I can't afford to buy food or light bulbs for the house. It's always dark and cold, because the heating's been shut off. Dad expects us to all have a "family christmas" with this russian lady, and we're to have "the house all nice and decorated" when she get's here - which i can't afford to do. and this is all breaking my wonderful grandmother's heart.

I KEEP SAYING IT, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HEAR ME - *I* *CANNOT* *COPE*.

ok, I'm done. It was more fun than ringing the Samaritans anyway.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by krie@Nov 30 2004, 08:31 PM

Come down to australia and have a summer christmas with us, it will be great, 40 degree (celcius) day, swimming at the beach, drinking plenty of piss.

this man speakth truth

so wait your father has split with your mum and expects you to have the house all nice and everythin when he hasnt even givin you any money to help out?

what kind of shit deal is that

wow..

your situation is very unfortunate..i hate to hear it and wished i could help you...

first off..

if your father has any common sense he will look at the situation as a whole and see that his "fairytail" chirstmas isnt going to happen....if he has money and expects this russian woman to be treated as a queen then he will fork over the money for lightbulbs, heat, ect. i mean, at this point you have nothing to lose right??? tell him what you think....

second....

how does he expect you to have a good family xmas with some random bitch from another country and a broken family...

bodice,

you seem like you are talented and have ambition..i hope it all works out for you..keep us posted.

Doesn't sound like a fun situation to be in.

I think you should be honest with your father. Let him know the situation, the real situation and if he can't help out then go to the courts. I have no idea how old you are or how the system works in Canada but your father may be, by law, forced to provide you with some funds monthly. Especially if the heat is off and that kind of stuff.

Maybe I'm speaking out of my ass, but I really think you should talk with someone who can give you solid reasonable answers. A family lawyer? A counseler at school? There has to be something better than us dweebs here at the 12's.

Originally posted by Joker@Nov 30 2004, 01:12 PM

Doesn't sound like a fun situation to be in.

I think you should be honest with your father. Let him know the situation, the real situation and if he can't help out then go to the courts. I have no idea how old you are or how the system works in Canada but your father may be, by law, forced to provide you with some funds monthly. Especially if the heat is off and that kind of stuff.

Maybe I'm speaking out of my ass, but I really think you should talk with someone who can give you solid reasonable answers. A family lawyer? A counseler at school? There has to be something better than us dweebs here at the 12's.

I'm 23, dad doesn't legally owe me shit.

Well, the only thing keeping me trapped in my current situation is that i am half way through a degree. and, no, I don't work, because college is a 45+hour week. I could work outside this, except I am the only able-bodied, willing member of the family now. This means that I drive my grandmother places sometimes, I have to keep tabs on mom, do the grocery shopping etc. It's also up to me to keep the house in good repair as it is on the market. sometimes I have to come running home from college to let people veiw the house. these things really add up

It would be such a relief to just drop out and get a decent job, and move out. But I don't want to toss my degree. Its only by essentially blackmailing me with my degree that dad can force me to basically be a housewife while he is away.

Dad is delusional. I tried to explain the situation to him. It's been three weeks since I told him I could no longer afford to eat, and now I am in debt to friends. He told me I could sleep out in the car if i didn't want Christmas with his new wife. Imagine christmas with this woman while my mother is in a suicide ward.

Thank you for the wishes (and the rodent!!!). I no this isn't the best place to dump these issues, but I had to say it somewhere :(

Damn Bodice, I fee like shit after hearing about your situation - I wish i could do something to help out, but i'm up to my eyes in student-debt too.

Seems to me like your dad might be able to ignore the situation while he's away, but I really think that once he gets home and sees what's happened, he'll come to. If he doesn't, there's a good chance that his Russian bitch might. Just because she's with your dad, doesn't mean she's a terrible person.. she might give the old boy shit about letting his family live like that.

Keep yer chin up, you'll make it through. Worst case scenario: you have to drop out for a year or so and work until you have the funds to live well and finish your degree. It seems like the shits, but it's better than letting the debt pile up, and then having to use your job after the degree to pay it all off.

Hang in there, you're a trooper.