1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dai, May 1, 2002.

1. dai

dai 12oz Senior Member

World Trade Center

Discussion started by dai - May 1, 2002

Anybody catch that show on the twin towers on the History Channel tonight? I was really liking how they explained the pancake collapse, and how the metal melted and buckled. I missed like the first half, anyone know the next time it will air on NOVA?

dai - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied May 1, 2002

i watched that... pretty cool...
    i felt really bad for dude that designed the towers tho... he looked like shit... an dhis office over looked the rubble too...
    the thing thta irritated me (you may have missed it) was that everyone seemed all amazed that the drywall blew apart... golly gee, those guys in the elevator were able to cut through a drywall wall! well no shit! they use it cuz it's light... and who doesn't know you can get through it easy? you can punch through drywall!

cool show tho...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

KASTsystem - Replied May 1, 2002

I think you are mistaken. Minoru Yamasaki was the architect who designed the WTC and he died in 1986. So he couldn't have looked like shit with his office overlooking the rubble.

KASTsystem - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. Agt. Adopus

Agt. Adopus Guest

Agt. Adopus - Replied May 1, 2002

Someone has done there homework

5. 23578

23578 12oz Elite Member

23578 - Replied May 1, 2002

well, that's the first time this year i'm jealous of someone with cable. cool show eh? i saw the other one not too long ago, about it going up and the japanese designer guy on the history channel and i saw the previews for this one, too bad.

23578 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied May 1, 2002

kast is correct....it was the guy who built it, not designed it, who feels terribly bad and has an office overlooking the rubble...

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. unoprimero

unoprimero Guest

unoprimero - Replied May 1, 2002

i heard last nite that we're (oahu) building something and calling it
    "world trade center". kinda sketchy...

8. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied May 1, 2002

i actually caught that on NOVA last night....very good show, disturbing but regardless....good show

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  9. spam_musabi

spam_musabi Guest

spam_musabi - Replied May 1, 2002

i remember when that whole thing happened. i was shocked. but still united we stand.

10. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied May 1, 2002

i read about it ages ago something about all the strenght being in the outerwalls and little support between floors.

11. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied May 1, 2002

well...it wasnt so much that....a lot of what they were focusing on was the fact that the inner core of the building was constructed of dryway instead of concrete making the core of the building (where all the stairways were located) less sturdy and more prone to fire. had they been constucted of concrete they may have withstood the intial impact of the jet a little better, as well as enabled many more people, who were above the floors where the plane crashed, to escape. all of that, coupled with the fact that the designers of the building never took into account (and really....why would they have) the temperatures that were
    possible from burning jet fuel, much less considered the fact that the fire proofing could be blown off by the initial explosion of a crashing plane......

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  12. High Priest

High Priest 12oz Elite Member

High Priest - Replied May 1, 2002

Did any one see the Concept Desighns for a remodel shown in the last issue of juxtapoz?

High Priest - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. dai

dai 12oz Senior Member

dai - Replied May 2, 2002

the show on NOVA was great, i really liked the different angles and models...and showing the investigation on the collapse. its amazing how advanced our science is.

dai - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber 12oz Veteran Member

d-town_bomber - Replied May 2, 2002

true New Yorker

d-town_bomber - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: