WORLD CUP = BORING

Guest WEAK CRACKUH `

Guest WEAK CRACKUH `

AMERICA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHERE SOCCER ISN'T POPULAR. THESE MOTHERFUCKING EUROPEANS GO BANNANAS OVER THIS SHIT. THEY ACTUALLY GOT GANGS THAT BACK THEIR TEAM, AND THEY FIGHT OTHER GANGS THAT BACK OTHER TEAMS. SOCCER IS THE MOST BORING SPORT EVER. THEY'LL SPEND ALL DAY GOING BACK AND FORTH AND MIGHT BE LUCKY IF SOMEONE GETS A "GOAL." THEY HAVE RIOTS OVER THIS SHIT. THE "AMERICANS" THAT YOU SEE IN THE STANDS WITH THEIR FACE PAINTED AND THE FLAGS DRAPED OVER THEIR BODIES ARE JUST HOPPING ON THE SOCCER BANDWAGON THAT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS ON. THE U.S. BARELY GOT A PROFFESSIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE LESS THAN 10 YEARS AGO. AND HARDLY ANYONE IN THE U.S. ATTENDS THOSE GAMES EXCEPT MEXICANS.

YEAH I CALLED IT SOCCER AND YEAH I SAID IT SUCKS. I KNOW THERE'S OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE THAT ARE THINKING THE SAME THING, AND COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE WORLD CUP. THE WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC WAS MORE EXCITING. WE NEED TO OUTSOURCE AMERICAN FOOTBALL AND GET THE WORLD PLAYING THAT. SO FAR I THINK ONLY CANADA AND MAYBE A COUPLE OTHER COUNTRIES PLAY AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baseball is the most boring sport ever.

unless you count golf.

maybe nascar coming in after

so to call futbol boring is pretty stoopit, coming from the states, kings of boring sports with too many fucking penalties, a gazillion flags and commercial breaks interrupting the action.

take some ritalin already

Guest WEAK CRACKUH `
crack you sound like a typical fucking yank. you wonder why other countries stereotype americans as people who won't take in things from other countries' date=' think they're the best and gobble up their mickey d's. it's because of people like you, you ignorant fuck.[/quote']

PARTLY I SAID THIS TO RILE UP ANY ANTI-AMERICAN HATERS. I GUESS SAPE IS ONE OF THEM. FACT IS, I DON'T THINK WE'RE THE BEST AND I TAKE IN A LOT OF THINGS FROM OTHER CULTURES/COUNTRIES. I HATE MCDONALDS AND DON'T EAT THERE. BUT WHEN I WAS IN AMSTERDAM AND LONDON I SAW MANY FAT PEOPLE SCARFING DOWN BIG MACS AT MICKEY D'S. BUT FUCK SOCCER THAT SHIT IS BORING.

The people who think baseball is terribly boring are the people who don't understand it fully. It's a sport that is more than just numbers and nostalgia. But, fuck it, I'm not gonna argue about baseball with people. Lots of people don't like it, but I figure it's their faggotry or ADD that causes that. I'm a focused heterosexual with love handles. fuck.

baseball.jpg

nothing on the face of the planet is more boring than baseball (except nascar...one of americas biggest businesses). i see weapon xxx doesnt agree with me but he was really digging the stanley cup finals and wasnt being a bitch about it (like metrinome) so im going to just agree to disagree. if americans didnt have football (the football with helmets and field goals) we would officially be the country that loves to watch shitty sports. fuck nascar, baseball and basketball (in that order).

PARTLY I SAID THIS TO RILE UP ANY ANTI-AMERICAN HATERS. I GUESS SAPE IS ONE OF THEM. FACT IS' date=' I DON'T THINK WE'RE THE BEST AND I TAKE IN A LOT OF THINGS FROM OTHER CULTURES/COUNTRIES. I HATE MCDONALDS AND DON'T EAT THERE. BUT WHEN I WAS IN AMSTERDAM AND LONDON I SAW MANY FAT PEOPLE SCARFING DOWN BIG MACS AT MICKEY D'S. BUT FUCK SOCCER THAT SHIT IS BORING.[/quote']

why do you type in caps?

oh, and as you said before, how soccer is just running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal, can i just point out something:

• soccer: running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal
  • afl: running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal.
  • nfl: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a touchdown, or whatever they score/
  • nrl: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a try, and then kicking the ball into the goal.
  • baseball: hitting a ball, and then running.
  • basketball: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a goal

I'll say this: As much as I love the NBA, that shit is super boring. The only place where one might watch edge of the seat basketball is in high school (but not really, since that's usually a case of one amazing player and a bunch of kids passing it to him) and NCAA. I don't care what people say, college basketball is the shit.

i agree.

when soccer is exciting it is very, very exciting....and its pretty much always exciting (except when the US gets on the world stage and completely dashes any hopes of soccer gaining popularity in the united states for another 20 years....good job guys).

Guest WEAK CRACKUH `
why do you type in caps?

oh, and as you said before, how soccer is just running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal, can i just point out something:

• soccer: running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal
  • afl: running up and down kicking a ball until someone scores a goal.
  • nfl: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a touchdown, or whatever they score/
  • nrl: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a try, and then kicking the ball into the goal.
  • baseball: hitting a ball, and then running.
  • basketball: running up and down throwing a ball until someone scores a goal

YOU MISCONSTRUED MY WORDS. I SAID "THEY'LL SPEND ALL DAY GOING BACK AND FORTH AND MIGHT BE LUCKY IF SOMEONE GETS A 'GOAL.' " MEANING THAT IT TAKES FOREVER IN SOCCER TO SCORE A GOAL.

MANY TIMES ONLY ONE POINT IS SCORED IN THE ENTIRE GAME. OR SOMETIMES NO GOAL IS SCORED. IN BASEBALL, FOOTBALL, AND BASKETBALL -- POINTS ARE SCORED ON A FAST ENOUGH BASIS TO KEEP YOU EXCITED/INTERESTED , AND THERE IS NO BACK AND FORTH FOR AN HOUR OF NO SCORING.

POLLY WANT A CRACK CRACK CRACKUH

it is exciting when a goal is nearly scored in soccer. being so little goals in the match is what makes them so special. and in the meantime you can laugh at the divers, and scream at the ref.

hey, i reckon that yankee sports are boring as hell, but i don't make a thread about it.

I'm not much for any sport, but I'd rather watch soccer before anything else. NASCAR is the WORST, though. There's absolutely nothing interesting about that fucking abomination of a "sport".

The people who think baseball is terribly boring are the people who don't understand it fully.

The same can be said about soccer, or anything for that matter. Sport or otherwise.

P.S. I was born and raised in America, and have always been more interested in soccer than any other sport. I'm not just "jumping on the bandwagon".

at least soccer doesn`t take breaks that stop a game FOR a commercial....

yeah, as an american ive been enjoying that immensely. now if nbc can just get a handle on the fact that no one is interested in seeing giant graphics showing stats no one gives half a fuck about in the middle of play.

that would be tight.

if anything is boring it's baseball. i've tried going to games and everything, but nothing ever happens in baseball.. somebody could get a grand slam and i'd still be bored. it's more like a board game than a competitive sport... there's not really direct competition.

the fact that it's so low scoring is why it's so important and exciting to score. it's like constant drama and so many close calls that you're sort of on the edge of your seat the whole time, never knowing when it's going to happen. you could flip to another channel for a second or get up for some food and miss the most important goal... most other sports you can get the gist of when it's okay to take a break (football) or when individual points aren't that significant (basketball). you should just sit and watch a game, you'll start to get it.

p.s. i love american football too. it's more like wartime strategy or something. and word to sumo, i wish it was on tv more.

p.p.s. i'm a little pissed that football games will stop for the express purpose of showing commercials, but they can't reserve time for instant replay.

I'm a focused heterosexual with love handles. fuck.

that's the illest shit i've ever read on this website, no homo.

in my humble opinion: watching ball-based sports on tv is boring unless you know somebody playing, have money on the game, or it's the championship game. evern then, i still find soccer vapid and uninteresting. i try to like it, i even played it for a short time when i was like 8 or . i just can't gather up a fuck to give. boxing, however, is always the flavor.