1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

working the graveyard shift

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mapo wc, Jan 16, 2002.

1. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

working the graveyard shift

Discussion started by mapo wc - Jan 16, 2002

Im kinda-sorta looking for a job and Ive been thinking about the graveyard shift. Like some 24 hour place working something like 8pm - 4am or something. Im naturally more of a night person - at night i just seem to get more relaxed and shit. Plus if its a job with customers and shit, there wont be as many customers - therefore less work to do.
    I was thinking I could work nights..get home like 5am..chill and watch tv and shit in the morning, then go to sleep like 10 or 11am. Sleep until about 7pm, then get ready for work. The best part is that Ill be able to avoid my parents since Ill be either asleep or at work while theyre home..and when i get off work in the morning i got the house to myself.

I know people on here have worked nights before, or maybe currently.
    What did you think of it? Any really big drawbacks?
    Also, what kind of jobs do they have where I could possibly get graveyard shift? Im seriously drawing a blank. Obviously most convenience stores are 24 hours but Id be too damn scared of getting robbed when I was up there by myself in the middle of the night.

Thanks

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Jan 16, 2002

take a night job, shit is always fun, its like clerks all youll do is jack around and do nothing, and talk to the occasional drunk or group of pot head kids. its chill man i did that shit for a while. and who cares, if you get jacked give em the money its not yours no loss. night jobs are funny.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

mapo wc - Replied Jan 16, 2002

you mean like one of those rooms where you watch all the surveillance cameras? thats not a bad idea. it'd just be kinda tough because if they were having stuff stolen and you werent catching it you'd be in trouble. also you might think someone stole something when they didnt, etc.
    alotta responsibility i guess.

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

got tha feva - Replied Jan 16, 2002

Studies have proven that people who work the graveyard shift have signifigantly shorter lives. But that's talking about working 3rd shift till retirement, if you're thinking about it just to dick around for a few months then by all means go for it. The guy I'm seeing works like 9pm till 2am. he hates it cuz he misses most of the coolshit that happens before last call, and he's always ready to party when everyone else is crashing out.. but then again he's always sleeping when everyone else is waking up for work, which can't be a bad thing.

i work 5:30pm till 12:30pm wed-sat nights, and i gotta say those hours are where it's at. I can sleep in as late as I want.. when I get off of work I'm all hyped to go out, I always show up fashionably late, right when the night's getting good, i've got a few hours to hang out and get my boogie on, and by the time i go to bed i'm totally beat and sleep great.

PruDE

5. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Jan 16, 2002

i worked graveyard at 2 places and i loved it
    the first place was a shipping company, that was fun cause we used to throw the boxes of george foreman grills and shit around that was 4 am-12 noon
    then i worked at an ampm which was even better cause the only people to come in would be drunks, lost tourists, potheads, and weirdos all i did was sit outside and smoke and drink icees

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Jan 16, 2002

a friend of mine was working wak hours, he had a day job, and a night job, and he didn't see the daytime for about 4 months. he looked like utter crap, and he nearly had to go to a mental hospital cos it was seriously driving him insane. the doctor told him he had to quit and get a regualr day job because it was messing him up phsychologically. after sleeping when its dark and being awake in the day all your life, then doing the complete opposite, it will fuck you up (even if you consider yourself a 'night person').

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. seppuku

seppuku 12oz Member

seppuku - Replied Jan 16, 2002

you work 19 hours a day?

seppuku - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. usedtolove

usedtolove New Jack

usedtolove - Replied Jan 16, 2002

i say no on the whole thirdshift..its hard to maintain ..regular life..girlfriend/friends/painting/ anything...
    but if you dont have a whole lot of that kind of thing..go for it..at least for while..i started cracking at a round 5 months of it!

usedtolove - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. Big Bruno

Big Bruno 12oz Senior Member

Big Bruno - Replied Jan 16, 2002

i worked the graveyard shift at a screenprinting company once, that wasnt any better than the other shifts because you still had to do the same amount of werk.

Big Bruno - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Jan 16, 2002

my hours in the summmer were 2pm - 4 am. i didnt even work no shifts. just sait in my basement and chilled .and went out occasionally and chilled with friends[​IMG]

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

got tha feva - Replied Jan 16, 2002

5:30pm-12:30pm = 7 hours a day. Unless I have my am's and pm's messed up. You know what I meant, you're just trying to be smart. :rolleyes:

PruDE

12. im elephant.

im elephant. New Jack

im elephant. - Replied Jan 17, 2002

i believe he means 530 (afternoon, PM) to 1230 (midnight, AM)

im elephant. - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. dBUSH

dBUSH 12oz Member

dBUSH - Replied Jan 17, 2002

Security jobs are tight- but fuck a buncha graveyard bullshit- shit is mad boring.

dBUSH - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

graffsurgeon - Replied Jan 17, 2002

i wouldent go working at a convenience store graveyard shift unless you're up in some bitchass town. most kids dont like you seeing them when they point a biscuit in your direction and ask for free money.

graffsurgeon - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jan 17, 2002

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages: