working out

casekonly

so, i started working out again, mainly lifting, but some other excercises along with that...just to keep everything toned up.

so, a few night ago, i go to the local gnc to get some aminos because they've helped out before. i dislike retaining water from the creatine, so i decided to pick up this amino called l-arginine.

so, this is a miracle chemical. it's not natural in the human body, and the only way we get it is from foods. it helps our bodies heal faster, it's an anti-oxidant, all kinds of good shit. did i mention that now that i've been taking it, i have a boner pretty much 18 hours out of the day? yeah, nice side-effect, right? i did some reading the other day, and it apparently also helps the circulatory system including near the genital region.

in fact, alot of these sexual aid pills, penile growth pills, etc sold on the net and in the back of 'dirty' magazines contain l-arginine. ha!

i'm gonna keep taking it because it prolongs my workouts and i don't feel so spent. the boner is getting a little annoying, though.

on the other side of things, creatine: i liked the effects of it last time i took it for an extended amount of time, but the water retention is a pain. also, something about it being a sulfa based drug made my body odor smell odd. the good points: the workouts last hella long, the weight gain (after the water weight went away three months later) were superb....i just don't know. hopefully the l-arginine will help out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

YOUR WORKOUTS SHOULDNT LAST FOR AGES ANYWAY. YOU SHOULD TRAIN GROUPS OF MUSCLES WITH MINIMAL REST IN BETWEEN. IF YOU DONT LIKE WATER RETENTION OF CREATINE WHY THE HELL DO YOU TAKE IT. RECOVERY? ALL CREATINE DOES IS HELP YOU RETAIN WATER. THE BEST THING ABOUT THAT IS THAT IT HELPS YOURE MUSCLES TO RECOVER AFTER A WORKOUT, AND IT MAKES YOU LOOK FULLER BECAUSE YOURE MUSCLES ARE FULL OF WATER. BUT SAYING THAT YOU DONT LIKE THE WATER RETENTION IS SILLY.. OR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE RETENTION OF WATER AROUND YOUR FACE?

YOU COULD TRY TAKING L-GLUTAMINE, I FIND THAT IT HELPS MY ENERGY LEVELS DURING A WORKOUT.

You shouldn't be taking creatine anyways. It is banned in the military because the ephedra was giving some soldiers heart attacks.

I don't really trust all that much at the GNC and shit.... Most of it is not FDA regulated (not to say that the FDA is perfectly regulated but it's better than nothing.... hint hint vioxx)

What's wrong with a good old fashioned work out? I lost about 20 pounds of muscle mass over the course of my depression but got about 10 of it back in about a month. But then again it's easier to get muscle back than to build it for the first time ever.

turbocapslock: i was speaking of the retention around my face. creatine is all about water retention for the first few months. once muscle is built enough, it no longer applies. it does help with amount of reps, btw. kind of a neat chem in itself.

as for arginine and hgh, yes it's true that it helps release hgh....that is part of the reason i take it. not all, though.

i have taken l-glutamine in the past...in fact...thanks for reminding me of that stuff. it's cheap and effective. good looking out.

villain: the creatine i have contains no ephedra. i wouldn't take any ephedra containing substances anyway.

FUCK TEN POUNDS IN A MONTH.. WHAT ARE YOU TAKING?

CREATINE.. EH. I DONT WANNA TOUCH IT BECAUSE I DONT WANT THE RETENTION AROUND MY FACE. JUST EAT LIKE AN ANIMAL. FIVE OR SIX MEALS A DAY. AND PERIODISE YOURE TRAINING. TRY A WORKOUT FOR TWO MONTHS, SEE IF YOURE RESPONDING AND IF YOURE NOT, VARY IT UP. ITS ALL ABOUT GROWING

Originally posted by villain@Jan 9 2005, 02:24 AM

oh that's right they are making ephedra free products now.

why don't you focus your qi and get more reps?

my chi or are you talking about something else?

honestly, i was considering taking tai chi for some various reasons. one being flexibility, two: it would be good therapy for my left leg (the one with metal rods in it from a severe break) and three: that shit is ninja as fuck.

no doubt. i eat but my metabolism is real high. i can't seem to break 137lbs or so. i'm about 5'7, and i've read that 140 is about the weight i should be at, but i could seriously stand to gain about 15 lbs. 10 at the least.

Originally posted by TURBOCAPSLOK@Jan 9 2005, 01:12 AM

YOUR WORKOUTS SHOULDNT LAST FOR AGES ANYWAY. YOU SHOULD TRAIN GROUPS OF MUSCLES WITH MINIMAL REST IN BETWEEN. IF YOU DONT LIKE WATER RETENTION OF CREATINE WHY THE HELL DO YOU TAKE IT. RECOVERY? ALL CREATINE DOES IS HELP YOU RETAIN WATER. THE BEST THING ABOUT THAT IS THAT IT HELPS YOURE MUSCLES TO RECOVER AFTER A WORKOUT, AND IT MAKES YOU LOOK FULLER BECAUSE YOURE MUSCLES ARE FULL OF WATER. BUT SAYING THAT YOU DONT LIKE THE WATER RETENTION IS SILLY.. OR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE RETENTION OF WATER AROUND YOUR FACE?

YOU COULD TRY TAKING L-GLUTAMINE, I FIND THAT IT HELPS MY ENERGY LEVELS DURING A WORKOUT.

yes water is retained in your muscles because of creatine but most of your muscle IS water..and yes it helps your muscles recover faster and allows you to work out at a higher intensity how is it a bad thing?..you will feel bloated for a while but when youre done cycling on creatine that will go down....you gotta train hard if youre taking creatine or you're just going end up with a lot of excess water weight ...it's not going to do the work for you....substituing an amino acid for creatine isn't going to make a big difference you should be taking amino acids in the first place and you can take creatine at the same time also....what i'm currently taking :creatine,protein,multivitamin (animal pak), amino acids...but anyway what are you after? it doesn't seem like mass if you are after mass creatine will definately help and of course you gotta stuff yourself with food but foods high in protein not random shit unless you want your body fat levels to shoot up along with it....more reps won't help you get there like someone suggested unless youre looking to get cut....less reps +more weight = mass .....more reps + less weight = definition .....and it seems like you guys haven't heard of pure creatine

10-12 reps is insane if you're going for mass ..... 6-8 at the most 10 for mass more weight = mass not medium.... you have to stress your muscles if you expect to make gains....definition is more diet and cardio etc but you need higher reps with less weight to really bring the muscles out

L-GLUTAMINE is good stuff, I’ve noticed an increase in the amount of my skeet after taking a bunch of those when I was training and eating better.

I was never a fan of creatine; it always messed up my stomach.

Stacker’s are great because they give you a nice kick in the ass when you are run down. The new ephedra free stuff sucks! I have been taking them for ages and I have never had any issues, but that’s not to say some people may experience negative side effects when taking them.

As far as retaining water, obviously low sodium intake is helpful, but the best thing is a diuretic for water loss and the prevention of retaining water. Great shit if you aren’t eating clean. It’s good even if you don’t lift and just don’t want to be a chubby bloated slob.

Most of the over the counter shit is a farce. Research any supplements you take and just be committed in your diet and training. If you want large gains just eat heavy, but healthy, and lift heavy (low reps).

A good rule of thumb is: you should eat 1 gram of protein for every pound that you weigh. So, if i weigh 190 i shoud be taking in 190 grams of protein, or more in a day. Even if you want to get cut, the same thing applies, just do higher reps with less weight, and tons of cardio.

Drinking alcohol/beer or even soda never helps. Stick with water all the way! Protein shakes are great to supplement meals and are great when you are too lazy or pressed for time to prepare or buy food.

I was always a fan of muscle and fitness magazine. Good reading, great workout tip/info, and great recipes for healthy eating. Flex magazine is good too, but that’s if you want to go the route of being a super huge animal…haha.

Originally posted by Kirby p@Jan 9 2005, 07:19 PM

fuck working out, just have some more sex. and then get take out.

When I was working out hardcore my sex drive and stamina were both through the roof! I was able to eat a ton of food everyday and it was all getting me bigger and more solid.

Also, it didn’t hurt my luck with the ladies when I was solid and in shape.

The best way to go is natural. It has helped our ancestors survive as nomads and is still going, we have thousands of years of gene's running in us. I believe you must keep your brain healthy by reading and your physical through exercising. But the pill taking to me is like reading cliffnotes.

thanks ofr the links poes.

seyn: what i'm taking the body either needs or makes. it's nothing bad. the problem is, most of the soil has been raped so much by overplanting, lack of nutrition,e tc. that alot fo the vegetables and plant matter we eat no longer contains the amounts of vitamins/minerals etc that we actually require in our day to day lives. look at selenium for example...

props for your opinion. it does count.