working on a movie set

casekonly

the other thread about the working visa didn't seem to get the answers i would have liked, so here's another attempt...since i've got the working visa thing covered now...

ok, so i'm trying to get a job working on the set of "the chronicles of narnia" which is being filmed in new zealand at the moment. i imagine production will go on for a year or more, so i'm not worried about that.

i'm really trying my best to get in touch with anyone that i can to get a job on the set as whatever i can...even the most menial job would suffice...i am really just looking for the experience and excitement of being in a different country, working on a movie set.

so, does anyone have any experience working on a movie set? anyone know how to go about bugging producers/directors into giving up a job?

help a brotha out. i know some of you guys/girls have probably worked on set for something or another at one time...maybe currently.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my friends family was in the movie biz. they currently run a lighting/ grip equipment rental comany in Van.

EVERYBODY is union. so my suggestion would be to contact I.A.T.S.E. (i have no idea what that stands for, but thats the union name, i'm sure google can help)

On a side note, my friends brother worked 7 months on and 5 off for the past 3 years. He pulled down 90 grand in the 7 months. But, those were 12 hour days (minimum) almost 7 days a week. You get paid overtime for what you work, but it still takes a toll.

Oh, having some sort of trade or skill can help you out alot. You bartend, right? Maybe try to finagle a job with the catering company.

thanks for the info. i'm googling now.

i did email the company that's producing it, walden media. that was earlier this morning...so, i'm awaiting a response. i tried everything i could think of when i emailed them...telling them that i'd take the most menial position available, as long as i worked on the set of this movie.

i wonder if i could get a job at the catering place...drinks are a goood way too loosen people up and get a better job..not to mention the actresses...heh.

Originally posted by effyoo

did they do a documentay on mullets or something?

heeeh heeeh heeeeeeeehhhh

umm, yea i have worked on a film set, I was a runner for the art department on Nverland, hasnt been released yet tho. But when u see it check out the kite flying scene and the scene with all the flowers in the garden, it took all day to plant them.

Archived