Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Working in the US..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by se_FOUR, Mar 9, 2004.

1. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Right i`ve been going through so many websites trying to find info on on I go about say taking a year or so out and working in the U.S..Basically Bar work whatever just so I can stay over there for a year or so..What VISA`S do I need etc..Does anyone know how I go about this?? Any help would be greatly appreicated..thanx

2. Telo

Telo Elite Member

sorry.. cant help you.. im already here.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

you need to go to the U.S consolate and ask to apply for a working VISA (takes a little while to process and costs a hundred and something odd dollars)

you then need to find a place to stay, and a job...may i recommend camp america? or one of those places where you work, and they pay you in food and accomodation, do this only till you find a real job. look for bars or where ever else you would like to work online and call them asking if they have positions available and if you could post a resume...(buy a calling card otherwise it will cost a lot once you call all these places)

good luck.

4. Telo

Telo Elite Member

you can crash at my house as long as you can put of with the bums, crackheads, drugdealers, and gunshots.. other than that its pretty nice.

5. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

You been to South London ??!?!?!!?:lol:

6. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Thanx man for the Help, looking at the Camp America website now..

7. What about if you don’t bother with a visa, is it easy to find work with out one?

8. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

You need a "working Visa" to get a job in ya aint from the US..me thinks..

9. $360

$360 Elite Member

cant help ya with this but just curious, what makes you want to live/work here? we could use more brits in the us

10. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Re: Re: Working in the US..

When I left NY last month I new this was the place I wanted to live(well for a while)...Just love it..Plus there`s a girl involved..Bloody women..She`s from "The Rock" tho..Lol.I aint about to live there..
    "Staten Island aint that bad" yeah right...........

11. maybe we can get a foreign exchange going. I would love to live in London for a year. What do you think of philadelphia.

12. $360

$360 Elite Member

Re: Re: Re: Working in the US..

hahah thats right i think ive heard you talk about the lady before.

its funny, because i went to london and decided it was a place that i want to live...for a while..

13. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

the 12oz foreigner exchange program!?!?!?!?! ok, i'll take two of your women and i'll trade you a couple of americans...i have to kidnap them, and they might be unwilling, but it's all the same, once they wake up, they'll be ok to work.

14. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Working in the US..

<cough> trade id's <cough>

15. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Yea, Philly sounds good to me can get the Amtrak to NY..All good.!