Working in the US..

se_FOUR

Right i`ve been going through so many websites trying to find info on on I go about say taking a year or so out and working in the U.S..Basically Bar work whatever just so I can stay over there for a year or so..What VISA`S do I need etc..Does anyone know how I go about this?? Any help would be greatly appreicated..thanx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you need to go to the U.S consolate and ask to apply for a working VISA (takes a little while to process and costs a hundred and something odd dollars)

you then need to find a place to stay, and a job...may i recommend camp america? or one of those places where you work, and they pay you in food and accomodation, do this only till you find a real job. look for bars or where ever else you would like to work online and call them asking if they have positions available and if you could post a resume...(buy a calling card otherwise it will cost a lot once you call all these places)

good luck.

Originally posted by fatbastard

you need to go to the U.S consolate and ask to apply for a working VISA (takes a little while to process and costs a hundred and something odd dollars)

you then need to find a place to stay, and a job...may i recommend camp america? or one of those places where you work, and they pay you in food and accomodation, do this only till you find a real job. look for bars or where ever else you would like to work online and call them asking if they have positions available and if you could post a resume...(buy a calling card otherwise it will cost a lot once you call all these places)

good luck.

Thanx man for the Help, looking at the Camp America website now..

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Right i`ve been going through so many websites trying to find info on on I go about say taking a year or so out and working in the U.S..Basically Bar work whatever just so I can stay over there for a year or so..What VISA`S do I need etc..Does anyone know how I go about this?? Any help would be greatly appreicated..thanx

cant help ya with this but just curious, what makes you want to live/work here? we could use more brits in the us

Re: Re: Working in the US..

Originally posted by $360

cant help ya with this but just curious, what makes you want to live/work here? we could use more brits in the us

When I left NY last month I new this was the place I wanted to live(well for a while)...Just love it..Plus there`s a girl involved..Bloody women..She`s from "The Rock" tho..Lol.I aint about to live there..

"Staten Island aint that bad" yeah right...........

Guest Good Morning Captain

maybe we can get a foreign exchange going. I would love to live in London for a year. What do you think of philadelphia.

Re: Re: Re: Working in the US..

When I left NY last month I new this was the place I wanted to live(well for a while)...Just love it..Plus there`s a girl involved..Bloody women..She`s from "The Rock" tho..Lol.I aint about to live there..

"Staten Island aint that bad" yeah right...........

hahah thats right i think ive heard you talk about the lady before.

its funny, because i went to london and decided it was a place that i want to live...for a while..

Originally posted by Good Morning Captain

maybe we can get a foreign exchange going. I would love to live in London for a year. What do you think of philadelphia.

the 12oz foreigner exchange program!?!?!?!?! ok, i'll take two of your women and i'll trade you a couple of americans...i have to kidnap them, and they might be unwilling, but it's all the same, once they wake up, they'll be ok to work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Working in the US..

its funny, because i went to london and decided it was a place that i want to live...for a while..

<cough> trade id's <cough>

Yea, Philly sounds good to me can get the Amtrak to NY..All good.!

I was talking to a couple of mates over a pint or two the other night, and these two lads are always over in NY shopping and doing stuff, and they were telling me that there's a lot of English lads all working cash in hand over there, working in the building trade. You know, sparkies, plumbers, labourers, plasterers and the rest. Apparantly, when there's and England game on, on the box, you'll find them all in some bar or other, decked out in Stone Island and Aquascutum, being 'orrible just as if they were at home.

And I knew an English girl that worked in some Fish & Chip shop in Manhattan, cash in hand. It paid really well too. Try there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Working in the US..

Just something different for a while, miss NY like everyday..Well not the minus 20 wind chill..

Yea, Philly sounds good to me can get the Amtrak to NY..All good.!

fuck amtrak,, too much...chinatown bus for $12 or even NJ transit train...its easy

fuck amtrak,, too much...chinatown bus for $12 or even NJ transit train...its easy

And there`s me trying to look cool thinking I know what i`m doing..;)Whats ur mail fella, over next month for a flying visit might head down your way to have a look around

bitch, you aint from chinatown, you just rizin one of them jawns from fishtown..the roof burnin through your gayborhood you generic thugbull!!!!

edit- added the bitch part

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft

bitch, you aint from chinatown, you just rizin one of them jawns from fishtown..the roof burnin through your gayborhood you generic thugbull!!!!

edit- added the bitch part

hush up bitch

edit- added the hush up part

there's places that will give you work with no visa.

however.

these jobs are almost always shitty.

they are jobs for people who cannot do anything else.

jobs that suck so bad no americans feel like doing them.

construction, factory work in places like meat packing plants, fast food, janitorial shit

i know people who have found restaurant jobs 'under the table'

so no taxes are taken out, you're paid directly, there's no paper trail..

but this is usually temporary or like i said, crappy crappy crappy work.

lots of those jobs will already be taken as well.

unemployment in the u.s. is now at some of the highest it's ever been.

look on monster.com if you have any skills at all.

maybe you can find a place that will sponsor you

or get a job somewhere that you could transfer

(like a restaurant chain or wal-mart..haha)

not really (since a lot of 9/11 terrorists had these)

a coworker of mine waited 3 months for one, and she had a job here in my lab before the wait began.

she was sponsired and had this school working on it and everything.

it still took forever.

i've heard though, that was partly due to the incompetance of the personnel in the int'l office (who issue the paperwork to the INS)

hmm, if you're from a european country it will be easier to get a vacation visa or something like that but i know education visas are pretty hard to get and many people are going to european colleges because of it.

i know an irish girl who had a nice white collar job but because it was such a pain in the butt to get her sponsered through a corporate visa they shipped her back home.

you can get an under the table job but like !@#$% said these jobs blow and you will be fighting for them against the other illegals.. i don't recommend this.

i pretty sure getting a visa to the us for extended stay is a serious headache. good luck!