working 3rd shift

Mr. Mang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

other than keeping the same time...ie staying up all night on the days you're not working there's not much. I'd invest in some kind of serious sunlight blocking blinds or put a blanket over the window.

I did it a while ago and loved it...especially the looks you get buying beer after work at 6 am. shits priceless. Nah..its not that bad.

I used to work 3rd shift at a roach motel behind bullet proof glass. That job was the jump off. I loved working those hours. 10-6. Not so bad. Id just go to sleep around 7 am and wake up around 2. I always seemed to get better sleep that way instead of sleeping through the night.

I used to work 3rd shift at a roach motel behind bullet proof glass. That job was the jump off. I loved working those hours. 10-6. Not so bad. Id just go to sleep around 7 am and wake up around 2. I always seemed to get better sleep that way instead of sleeping through the night.

you could bring a sleeping bag to work with you.

i know some nurses who work the overnight shift a lot.

they just do it.

they live normal hours besides.

one of them brings a massive thing of coffee with her to work.

Originally posted by Seldoon@May 31 2005, 04:11 PM

One acronym:

PSP.

PSP STANDS FOR PLAYSTATION PORTABLE.

IT'S A HANDHELD DEVICE WHERE YOU GET TO PLAY GAMES, WATCH MOVIES, LISTEN TO MUSIC, ETC.

WHAT HE IS SAYING IS THAT YOU SHOULD USE THIS DURING THE 3RD SHIFT TO MAKE THE TIME GO BY QUICKER. TECHNICALLY THE TIME DOESN'T GO BY ANY QUICKER, IT JUST SEEMS THAT WAY WHEN YOU ARE CONSUMED IN A NON-BORING ACTIVITY.

i just got back and it SUCKED. we apparently get overloaded with work and have to work the WHOLE TIME in a 35 degree refrigerated environment. i pack orders for restaurants. supplies and shit.

car is broken.

had to skate 3 miles there.

halfway there i fell and scraped up my knee that already had a scab.

went to work. almost left it sucked so bad.

skated 3 miles back. fell again in front of some homeless people. thy were bummed.

i hate hitting rocks.

things are looking up...

car works now.

spent $50 on shit to keep my ass WARM and comfortable. got some insoles too.

gonna go in early and dork around to get extra scrillz. maybe stay later too. overtime whut.

a motel sounds pretty awesome too. i hear night auditor is pretty easy.

i tried doing this once for about two months. it was pretty much hell. i was alert until about 4, then it got real rough and more caffeine wouldn't help. this was the kind of job where you have to work continuously at repetitive physical tasks and can't slack off at all because your supervisor is right next to you. if it was just sitting around waiting for a customer to come in or something else to happen, that wouldn't have been so bad. one of the dudes there claimed that he was working 4 jobs at once and did not need to sleep.

i've been working 2 plus years of graveyard. and it fuckin' blows. yet i am not 'seriously' looking for other work.

i used to work 1am - 9am now i rock a 4-10 schedule and it makes life better. i work midnight to 10am. with thurs-sat off.

2 day weekends dont even feel like a real weekend. cause the first day off you just sleep all day to try to recover all that lack of sleep. then the next day you cant party too hard cause you know you'll feel it at work. what blows even more is the days you have off. if you have weekends off thats cool if not plan on spending tuesdays with the psp at home and leaving the partys early to go to work. also plan on missing a couple days here and there when your too tired due to not being able to get enough sleep during the day. i used to stay up till 7am before and thought 3rd shift was gonna be the tits. now i just wanna get normal hours. but like previously stated traffic is better.

besides companies tend to cut more slack to heads that work 3rd.

such as getting caught snoozing etc.

give it 2 weeks to a month before you quit.