Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

working 3rd shift

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, May 31, 2005.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i just got a job working at a warehouse 3rd shift and have never worked 3rd before. any suggestions on getting used to the time difference? is it even as bad as everyone tries to say it is?

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New Jack

YEAH, YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP LATER FOR WORK.

3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

other than keeping the same time...ie staying up all night on the days you're not working there's not much. I'd invest in some kind of serious sunlight blocking blinds or put a blanket over the window.

I did it a while ago and loved it...especially the looks you get buying beer after work at 6 am. shits priceless. Nah..its not that bad.

4. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

on days off, dont break ur sleeping schedule. so on those saturdays off, dont sleep in, but keep the same schedule as if u had work, otherwise ur fucked

5. villain

villain Veteran Member

3rd shift is gravy... stay up late as you want, sleep in late as you want. long as you ain't got some fucknuts hipster roomates making a rukus you'll be fine.

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

yeah, but kep in mind finding the next job, when it might be a day job...hard as fuck to get your schedule back

7. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I used to work 3rd shift at a roach motel behind bullet proof glass. That job was the jump off. I loved working those hours. 10-6. Not so bad. Id just go to sleep around 7 am and wake up around 2. I always seemed to get better sleep that way instead of sleeping through the night.

8. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I used to work 3rd shift at a roach motel behind bullet proof glass. That job was the jump off. I loved working those hours. 10-6. Not so bad. Id just go to sleep around 7 am and wake up around 2. I always seemed to get better sleep that way instead of sleeping through the night.

9. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

you could bring a sleeping bag to work with you.

i know some nurses who work the overnight shift a lot.
    they just do it.
    they live normal hours besides.
    one of them brings a massive thing of coffee with her to work.

10. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

One acronym:

PSP.

11. DiptInButter

DiptInButter Junior Member

it aint that bad except when they fuck you over like me giving you day and graveyard shifts in the week, fucks with you alot, but you do get some good sleep after work

12. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New Jack

PSP STANDS FOR PLAYSTATION PORTABLE.

IT'S A HANDHELD DEVICE WHERE YOU GET TO PLAY GAMES, WATCH MOVIES, LISTEN TO MUSIC, ETC.

WHAT HE IS SAYING IS THAT YOU SHOULD USE THIS DURING THE 3RD SHIFT TO MAKE THE TIME GO BY QUICKER. TECHNICALLY THE TIME DOESN'T GO BY ANY QUICKER, IT JUST SEEMS THAT WAY WHEN YOU ARE CONSUMED IN A NON-BORING ACTIVITY.

13. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it's pretty dope... you get the best times of the day.. night & morning.. and no traffic.

no stress

14. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Just buy a nice little portable DVD player, or a laptop if you have one, and a sketch book.

15. SCRAWBURRY

SCRAWBURRY Member

My only advice is if you plan on drinking after work, dont over do it...Cause them midnight hangovers aint nothing nice.