1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Workers Comp

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_dowmagik, Sep 12, 2005.

1. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik 12oz Senior Member

Workers Comp

Discussion started by imported_dowmagik - Sep 12, 2005

Yesterday morning I recieved an ass kicking by 5 or so guys at my work while on the clock. I got a wicked concussion that I went to the ER about, my glasses are smashed and my watch is broken. Like any honest American, I'm going to try to score some money out of the situation. The Doc told me to take two nights off, so I need some fucking compensation. I Ive been told mixed things about workers comp and Im hoping someone here has firsthand experience. Everyone I've talked to does agree on one thing: workers comp will try to fuck you over. Hollar at me

imported_dowmagik - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Damn, why'd you get beat up?

My little brother's on workers comp and he get's some nice money every week and pain meds.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. TresOne

TresOne 12oz Member

TresOne - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Hahaha, yeah, what the fuck did you do to get your ass handed to you by 5 other guys?

A guy I work with flipped the shop golf-cart when he was tearing around the shop and managed to shatter his ankle. He got WC for the entire summer, sweet deal!

TresOne - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

shai - Replied Sep 12, 2005

Fifteen months of my life, two lawyers, and (no shit) a hundred grand later...it's a scam in my state. Get a good lawyer, they'll get your back.

shai - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik 12oz Senior Member

imported_dowmagik - Replied Sep 12, 2005

i thought i saw a guy pissing on our property so i confronted him and his friends. One sucker punched me, I whooped up on him, and when it was very apparent he was not going to win the fight, all his boys jumped in and I got the stompage. Funny thing is I never took any feet/fists to the face, so with my clothes on I look fine.

imported_dowmagik - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

And, I've done research for the State Comp board....So, I can safely say that they are so crooked that they have to screw their pants on in the morning. Fuck those guys- get paid, mang...that's what they deduct money fom your check for. It sounds like you have a squeaky clean claim as long as you weren't at fault...I highly doubt that the guys who rolled you up are going to come forward and testify against you on Comp's behalf, though.

7. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

Well, that sounds pretty good to me...I didn't look fucked up either, but I couldn't lift my right arm until I got into PT...then, when i finally screamed that I was in miserable fucking pain, ow ow ow it hurts it hurts, the (company) doctor sent me in for a MRI...I found out that I had a herniated disc and bone spurs in my neck that were putting pressure on my spinal cord. In the end, it turns out that I'm 40% disabled for the rest of my life since I can't fully turn my head and I have nerve damage in my right hand that's bad enough to make my fingers feel numb yet tingly most of the time.

Oh, yeah- the more you bitch, the better the care seems to be. And, unless you're a junkie and there's medical evidence of that, the free pharmaceutical hookup is bangin'. Most Comp doctors see a LOT of people, so mostly they want to keep you chilled out as much as legally possible.

Just think, you can bump up that 12 oz. status now...and get paid to watch the Cosby show.

8. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Sep 12, 2005

<EMBED
    SRC="http://jon.jbagroup.net/music/chip7.mp3"
    HEIGHT=0 WIDTH=0 HIDDEN="TRUE" LOOP="TRUE">

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Sep 12, 2005

in alot of states one thing they do is drug test people that are trying to make a claim for workers comp so that way they can use the influence of drugs against you. You are most likely going to need a good attorney. My dad had a LONG LONG LONG battle with the wc board when I was growing up and it ended up turning into a big lawsuit. Those mother fuckers are crooked as hell and will do what ever they can to not give you money.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Sep 12, 2005

What in the hell is that terrible background music?

edit.

never mind that is pretty cool. Way to go.

Oh yeah. Dow get your money on man.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Sep 12, 2005

If I could be anything in the world it would be a lawyer/ninja....

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam 12oz Senior Member

FunTimePartyTeam - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I'd be a designer/ninja, my ninja suit would be that black on black Gucci pattern, and id throw sterling stars made by Tiffany's.

FunTimePartyTeam - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. GEEB

GEEB 12oz Senior Member

GEEB - Replied Sep 12, 2005

:haha: the music makes your story more "dramatic" but emo skeetish.

but yea, that sucks i hope i never get my ass beat by more than i can handle. umm condolences?

GEEB - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Sep 12, 2005

I sawed my damn index finger on my right hand almost all the way through the bone. Its still alittle fucked up, had to stop painting for awhile, but work paid me for 2 weeks off and for the hospital bills..
    It really didnt hurt that bad because it was so fast and a clean cut.
    My boss puked though when she saw it. Hehehehehe.

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  15. JUDONO?

JUDONO? 12oz Senior Member

JUDONO? - Replied Sep 13, 2005

ha! the music is sick!
    i got workers comp back in 99 when i cut off my right fingernail and a chunk of my finger.

shit i was getting paid and getting some bomb ass painkillers.

JUDONO? - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: