1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Work Sucks, but I'm addicted to Wal-Mart shit.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar, Feb 13, 2003.

1. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

Work Sucks, but I'm addicted to Wal-Mart shit.

Discussion started by KaBar - Feb 13, 2003

Hey, I'm officially "medicated" now. Work sucks so bad, my crazy little never-stops-smiling Chinese-American doctor put me on Paxil. I'm like, holding this sample box of Paxil 12.5 mg Take-One-A-Day-At-Bedtime, "Doctor--this is an anti-depressant."
    "Oh, I know, I know."
    "I'm not depressed."
    "Oh, sure, I know, I know. I'm not using it for that. I'm using it for stress.'
    "Why don't I just quit and go ride freight trains?"
    "Ha ha, yes, I know, I know. Just take one every night."

Fuck. I have to take fucking antidepressants so I can stand to work at a job I fucking hate.

What's wrong with this picture?

I can't believe that I actually used to be an anarchist. Jesus. Just shoot me, okay? Fucking Paxil. I guess now I can tell my patients I know how they feel, LOL.

KaBar - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Feb 13, 2003

huh?

3. skaterzoot

skaterzoot 12oz Member

skaterzoot - Replied Feb 13, 2003

meds can be such a pain in the ass

skaterzoot - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied Feb 13, 2003

http://www.healthysolutions.tv/mpr/mpr_images/mpr_paxil.jpg'>
    can you get addicted to paxil?

*edIt-oh and how does walmart fit in here?

5. jades_blue

jades_blue 12oz Senior Member

jades_blue - Replied Feb 13, 2003

It's the american way.

If you can't hang with your job, take a pill.
    You found out your girl/boy just fucked your best friend, take a pill.
    Bored as fuck, take a pill (follow with 5+ shots of vodka) --by the way, that recipe makes for an interesting night that you won't remember.

jades_blue - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied Feb 13, 2003

if you have an interesting night, but dont remember it, how do you know you had an interesting night??

i guess if you wake up naked in the mayors office that would be one sign.

7. XxSugarxX

XxSugarxX Dirty Dozen Crew

XxSugarxX - Replied Feb 13, 2003

try yoga/pilates for stress.. it really does help

XxSugarxX - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

KaBar - Replied Feb 13, 2003

Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

I rather take the Union Pacific railroad about 1,000 miles north and call you in the morning. You can be sure I would not be feeling any goddammed stress then. There's a quote by Steve McQueen (the late actor) that I love.

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."

Man, I know that's right. Hell, yeah. I have to practically physically restrain myself from going out in the garage this instant, grabbing my ruck, bindle and my gallon-jug-of-water and heading straight for the nearest train yard.

9. jades_blue

jades_blue 12oz Senior Member

jades_blue - Replied Feb 13, 2003

Oh shit! How did you know? Actually, never had the problem of waking up with no clothes. You know you had an interesting night because your buddies get to tell you all the stupid shit that you did...

for example, punching some fool square in his grill.. and him falling out of his chair. I would have given anything to remember that shit. Mind you, I'm a 5'3, 95lbs girl...

jades_blue - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Feb 13, 2003

prozac in our water??

11. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

KaBar - Replied Feb 13, 2003

ctrl+alt+delete

No, you cannot be addicted. It's kind of difficult to explain, but having to take medication every day is not the same thing as being "addicted." For a substance to be addicting, it must be mind-or-mood altering and of SHORT DURATION, and usually, be a central nervous system depressant or stimulant. Alcohol is just about the most hazardous, followed by the opiates (morphine, heroin, dilaudid, etc.) and the barbiturates (reds, downers) and then the benzodiazepines (Xanax, Ativan, Valium, etc.) and the stimulants like amphetamines (meth, crystal, Dexedrine) or treatments for ADHD (Ritalin, Adderall) and cocaine and it's derivatives (crack, etc.).

The shorter the duration, the more addictive. Crack's duration is very short (like 45 minutes), therefore, very addictive.

If you use, brotha, YOU LOSE. Everybody thinks they can handle it, and they all wrong.

Marijuana is not addictive, but it screws up your ability to think and do abstract calculations, like math. I smoked a ton of it. I didn't go to college til I was 36. Like, duh. I'm smart. Sort of.

12:30 a.m. I took that Paxil CR 12.5mg about fifteen minutes ago. Man, I do not like this feeling at all. It might just be the jitters, but I definately don't like it. It feels like I dropped, and I haven't felt that feeling of anxiety and mental creepiness since 1965.
    I'm hating it, so far. Getting sleepy, so I'm going to bed. (Mentally, I'm thinking "Fuck Paxil. I'm not taking this shit any more." but we'll see.)

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 12oz Veteran Member

Tyler Durden - Replied Feb 13, 2003

i have a feeling kabars stories will begin digressing from very interesting shorts about various life experiences into very interesting rants about the government controlling his mind through paxil and the small radio in his left ear. interesting indeed.

Tyler Durden - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot 12oz Elite Member

B_As_In_Bot - Replied Feb 13, 2003

marijuana - I know so many prosperous students and teachers who use it, and are just fine, actually above average. Dont badmouth the Doja...

Whats really that hard about math now? My friend - hardcore mr. Reefer smoker says thats its easier then english - very direct and easy..You just do it.

I think it has more to do with what side of the brain a person functions with..

Now heres something interesting:
    http://spweb.whenu.com/whenushop/pills.jpg'>

I had a pop up ad come onto my screen saying Buy Prozac..blahblahblah - this bullshit tampered with by medical scientists will help cope with the hardships of everyday life here in the US..

B_As_In_Bot - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Facet

Facet 12oz Junior Member

Facet - Replied Feb 13, 2003

Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

number one, head pills are bullshit for the most part. hating your job and the fact that it makes you stressed is TOTALLY NOT a reason to take and anti depressant and start fucking with you brain. scary....

but onto the whole dropping everything and hopping freights...

dude..... whats stopping you.

i mean, technically its easier said than done, but realistically its really alot more simple than people think. you CAN drop everything and jump onto the nearest freight and go to wherever you want. surviving without money and without paying rent or basically being a part of the "rat race" is completely and totally possible- AND you can do it comfortably and enjoyably. i mean, im sure you know this... but... i dunno.

my advice is, if you think thats what you need to do to....

then do it.

Facet - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. im not witty

im not witty Guest

im not witty - Replied Feb 13, 2003

Re: Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

hahaha. youre obviously new here. let me fill you in. youre reading posts about paxil by a man who has done all that. Thats quite good advice your giving to a seasoned trainhopper. Im not trying to be a dick. i just have insane respect for kabar, he knows how easy it is because hes been there. hes just grown up and got responsibilities such as children now.

but as for the topic. since when did symptoms of life become symptoms of disease? this whole influx of medication, especially in adverstising nowadays really pisses me off. a few years ago it was illegal to advertise meds on tv, now tv is flooded with ads like these. pills solve everything. fuck that. a walk in the woods, or yoga like someone said, or just seeking happiness where you think youll find it is better medicine. in my humble opinion.