Work Sucks, but I'm addicted to Wal-Mart shit.

KaBar

Hey, I'm officially "medicated" now. Work sucks so bad, my crazy little never-stops-smiling Chinese-American doctor put me on Paxil. I'm like, holding this sample box of Paxil 12.5 mg Take-One-A-Day-At-Bedtime, "Doctor--this is an anti-depressant."

"Oh, I know, I know."

"I'm not depressed."

"Oh, sure, I know, I know. I'm not using it for that. I'm using it for stress.'

"Why don't I just quit and go ride freight trains?"

"Ha ha, yes, I know, I know. Just take one every night."

Fuck. I have to take fucking antidepressants so I can stand to work at a job I fucking hate.

What's wrong with this picture?

I can't believe that I actually used to be an anarchist. Jesus. Just shoot me, okay? Fucking Paxil. I guess now I can tell my patients I know how they feel, LOL.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's the american way.

If you can't hang with your job, take a pill.

You found out your girl/boy just fucked your best friend, take a pill.

Bored as fuck, take a pill (follow with 5+ shots of vodka) --by the way, that recipe makes for an interesting night that you won't remember.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

if you have an interesting night, but dont remember it, how do you know you had an interesting night??

i guess if you wake up naked in the mayors office that would be one sign.

Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

I rather take the Union Pacific railroad about 1,000 miles north and call you in the morning. You can be sure I would not be feeling any goddammed stress then. There's a quote by Steve McQueen (the late actor) that I love.

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."

Man, I know that's right. Hell, yeah. I have to practically physically restrain myself from going out in the garage this instant, grabbing my ruck, bindle and my gallon-jug-of-water and heading straight for the nearest train yard.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

if you have an interesting night, but dont remember it, how do you know you had an interesting night??

i guess if you wake up naked in the mayors office that would be one sign.

Oh shit! How did you know? Actually, never had the problem of waking up with no clothes. You know you had an interesting night because your buddies get to tell you all the stupid shit that you did...

for example, punching some fool square in his grill.. and him falling out of his chair. I would have given anything to remember that shit. Mind you, I'm a 5'3, 95lbs girl...

ctrl+alt+delete

No, you cannot be addicted. It's kind of difficult to explain, but having to take medication every day is not the same thing as being "addicted." For a substance to be addicting, it must be mind-or-mood altering and of SHORT DURATION, and usually, be a central nervous system depressant or stimulant. Alcohol is just about the most hazardous, followed by the opiates (morphine, heroin, dilaudid, etc.) and the barbiturates (reds, downers) and then the benzodiazepines (Xanax, Ativan, Valium, etc.) and the stimulants like amphetamines (meth, crystal, Dexedrine) or treatments for ADHD (Ritalin, Adderall) and cocaine and it's derivatives (crack, etc.).

The shorter the duration, the more addictive. Crack's duration is very short (like 45 minutes), therefore, very addictive.

If you use, brotha, YOU LOSE. Everybody thinks they can handle it, and they all wrong.

Marijuana is not addictive, but it screws up your ability to think and do abstract calculations, like math. I smoked a ton of it. I didn't go to college til I was 36. Like, duh. I'm smart. Sort of.

12:30 a.m. I took that Paxil CR 12.5mg about fifteen minutes ago. Man, I do not like this feeling at all. It might just be the jitters, but I definately don't like it. It feels like I dropped, and I haven't felt that feeling of anxiety and mental creepiness since 1965.

I'm hating it, so far. Getting sleepy, so I'm going to bed. (Mentally, I'm thinking "Fuck Paxil. I'm not taking this shit any more." but we'll see.)

marijuana - I know so many prosperous students and teachers who use it, and are just fine, actually above average. Dont badmouth the Doja...

Whats really that hard about math now? My friend - hardcore mr. Reefer smoker says thats its easier then english - very direct and easy..You just do it.

I think it has more to do with what side of the brain a person functions with..

Now heres something interesting:

http://spweb.whenu.com/whenushop/pills.jpg'>

I had a pop up ad come onto my screen saying Buy Prozac..blahblahblah - this bullshit tampered with by medical scientists will help cope with the hardships of everyday life here in the US..

Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

Originally posted by KaBar

I rather take the Union Pacific railroad about 1,000 miles north and call you in the morning. You can be sure I would not be feeling any goddammed stress then. There's a quote by Steve McQueen (the late actor) that I love.

Man, I know that's right. Hell, yeah. I have to practically physically restrain myself from going out in the garage this instant, grabbing my ruck, bindle and my gallon-jug-of-water and heading straight for the nearest train yard.

number one, head pills are bullshit for the most part. hating your job and the fact that it makes you stressed is TOTALLY NOT a reason to take and anti depressant and start fucking with you brain. scary....

but onto the whole dropping everything and hopping freights...

dude..... whats stopping you.

i mean, technically its easier said than done, but realistically its really alot more simple than people think. you CAN drop everything and jump onto the nearest freight and go to wherever you want. surviving without money and without paying rent or basically being a part of the "rat race" is completely and totally possible- AND you can do it comfortably and enjoyably. i mean, im sure you know this... but... i dunno.

my advice is, if you think thats what you need to do to....

then do it.

Guest im not witty

Re: Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

Originally posted by Facet

i mean, technically its easier said than done, but realistically its really alot more simple than people think. you CAN drop everything and jump onto the nearest freight and go to wherever you want. surviving without money and without paying rent or basically being a part of the "rat race" is completely and totally possible- AND you can do it comfortably and enjoyably. i mean, im sure you know this... but... i dunno.

then do it.

hahaha. youre obviously new here. let me fill you in. youre reading posts about paxil by a man who has done all that. Thats quite good advice your giving to a seasoned trainhopper. Im not trying to be a dick. i just have insane respect for kabar, he knows how easy it is because hes been there. hes just grown up and got responsibilities such as children now.

but as for the topic. since when did symptoms of life become symptoms of disease? this whole influx of medication, especially in adverstising nowadays really pisses me off. a few years ago it was illegal to advertise meds on tv, now tv is flooded with ads like these. pills solve everything. fuck that. a walk in the woods, or yoga like someone said, or just seeking happiness where you think youll find it is better medicine. in my humble opinion.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

Originally posted by im not witty

hahaha. youre obviously new here. let me fill you in. youre reading posts about paxil by a man who has done all that. Thats quite good advice your giving to a seasoned trainhopper. Im not trying to be a dick. i just have insane respect for kabar, he knows how easy it is because hes been there. hes just grown up and got responsibilities such as children now.

right, i wasnt aware of his full situation.

i still cant figure out what this has to do with walmart, but oh well...

kabar, in the 'old' days, you would have just become an alcoholic to cope with the stress of your job. everything used to be treated wiith alcohol. but since its 'acceptable' for the most part, it wasnt an issue.

we're constantly bombarded with advertising, flashing colors, high speed modems and a pace of life that man was never intended to be involved with, then we wonder why everyone needs pills to try and maintain. its not that dr's are necessarily just trying to solve everyones problems with prescriptions, its that we have a whole new set of problems the world was never faced with, so in order to handle them, we need new alternatives. im not saying that everyone needs to be thrown on paxil, but if it helps you, then fuck attaching a stigma to it that will only hamper your ability to be happy.

also, you cant forget your job and the insane shit you deal with doing it. its no wonder alcoholism and suicide are so high in the midcal profession...

paxil is going to be nothing like acid. you might be a little anxious for a week or two, but after that you wont even feel it.

Let's all get together and hop freights... Drop everything for the open road. dumpster dive, hitchhike... It'll be great! I'm down are you guys? Nah I know its not that easy...Job's ...wives...kids...parents...school... at times we all have something holding us back.

Kabar- I know how you feel man...Hey with all your info take a vacation, travel, write a book and live off the earnings... Do it Jack Kerouak style. Ah, that probably won't work... but hey good luck man. You've got another one here longing for the open road.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by B_As_In_Bot

marijuana - I know so many prosperous students and teachers who use it, and are just fine, actually above average. Dont badmouth the Doja...

True, same here...

But for every one of those prosperous smoker students and teachers I know, there's 10 more who have turned into raving morons because of smoking too much. I choose to badmouth the Doja. Beer,

El Mamerro

12:30 a.m. I took that Paxil CR 12.5mg about fifteen minutes ago. Man, I do not like this feeling at all. It might just be the jitters, but I definately don't like it. It feels like I dropped, and I haven't felt that feeling of anxiety and mental creepiness since 1965.

I'm hating it, so far. Getting sleepy, so I'm going to bed. (Mentally, I'm thinking "Fuck Paxil. I'm not taking this shit any more." but we'll see.)

the 'feeling' that youre feeling is most likely just your mind worrying about the paxil, it honestly isnt that strong of a med (atleast at 12.5mg) to be fucking with your head so quickly. i belive it takes something like a week to get into your system and do anything.

ive been on a laundry list of meds through my life and paxil was one of them, at one time i was up to 150 or 200mg a day of the shit.

honestly it didnt do anything for me,

the only med that actually made some difference in my life was prozac

i was on high doses of that also, but i decided to stop taking it because i couldnt afford it any longer, but it did do its job while i was on it.

good luck with your new poison.

There is a guy at my job who reminds me of "sick boy" from the movie Van Wilder, he has something wrong w/ him all the time: panic attacks, kidney stones, dizzy spells, etc.. he's on all sorts of medication. It's really pretty funny. He'll log on to webmd.com and start reading something and all of the sudden he'll have it. So, anyway, he was on paxil for a short time because his other meds weren't working.

While he was on paxil he had all kinds of fuked up shit happen to him. One day at work the entire side of his face went numb and he was trying to talk and eat with drool coming out of his mouth. He also said that paxil made him violent, like he said that one night he really wanted to kill his two pet dogs, they did nothing wrong, but he just wanted to know what it'd be like to kill them. He's off it now but he keeps telling us crazy stories about that drug.

If you hate work that bad, would it be beneficial to find a new one?

Originally posted by XxSugarxX

try yoga/pilates for stress.. it really does help

amen! I've been doing a half hour of yoga before and after work.

Plus I'm on my 10th day without cigs and my 5th day sober.

It's amazing what a little stretching and breathing can do for your outlook.

Re: Thanks, xxSugarxx, but

the yard is a place of relaxation

best resort ever

...don't take the pills homie. you should ride a bike for real. shit's real good for the soul. don't fall into the whole "mothers little helper" syndrome. in america today it is so simple to just say "hey, here's a pill that will solve all your problems" when in actuallity it won't. you're not pyschotic or mentally ill so there is no reason you should be polluting your body. the best advice i can give you is invest in a good mountain bike and ride your troubles away! shit works. i hate my job, im some slave data entry/customer service machine, but when i ride my bike to work and home afterwards i feel free. just cruising along without a care in the world. don't take them pills!

Archived