WooHoo Strip Club(Nude) Opened up Around the Block Today

Pistol

WooHoo! Today they just opened up a strip joint a few blocks from the pad. Right next to my favorite pizza place. Not only that but it is fully nude. Fuck I wish I had a job. Anyways there is this protest over there. Because it's in the same parking lot as a McDonalds. Personally I love titty bars and want it to stay. But at the same time I have concerns with it being in the same parking lot about 150 feet from a McDonalds Play area.

Oh well I guess now you know where I live.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Media/NMO/Photos/205690500.jpg'>

Protest signs were on display during a strategic planning meeting. (Staff Photo by Keith Durflinger)

Protest planned outside strip club

City officials, church leaders unite in trying to shut down adult business

By Jennifer Parsons

Staff Writer

PICO RIVERA -- Frustrated that a federal judge voided a Pico Rivera ordinance that sought to bar a strip club from opening, area church and city officials vowed Wednesday to protest outside of the club until it shuts down.

Pico Rivera Mayor Pete Ramirez and Councilman David Armenta, along with religious leaders from at least 10 churches, said they'll begin picketing outside the club, which so far has no name, on Friday morning. That's when the club is expected to open its doors.

"I realize they have some constitutional rights and the city government has to do what the judge orders, but I don't have to agree with it, and we will use taxpayer's dollars to fight this as much as we can," Ramirez promised a group of residents and church and city officials at a meeting at Lord's Vineyard Fellowship church in Pico Rivera.

"We're here for a common cause -- to bring ruin to the house of wicked that wants to establish itself in our city," said Richard Ochoa, who serves as pastor of the Lord's Vineyard Fellowship and is leading the protest. "It will bring a bad influence on our children.

"We're going to let them know we're their unwelcoming committee," he said.

U.S. District Court Judge Dickran Tevrizian recently overruled a city ordinance relating to the operation of adult businesses, according to Bob Spencer, Pico Rivera's public information manager.

The judge ordered the city to allow brothers LeRoy and Glenn Smith to open their adult business in a commercial center at 9329 Slauson Ave. by Friday, provided the businessmen have obtained all necessary licensing, according to Spencer.

"We're disappointed to learn the judge feels the ordinance we've had in place for more than 20 years is unconstitutional," said Spencer.

"This business is inconsistent with the development going on in a very family-oriented community," he said. "But we're proceeding with the judges ruling and processing the application as we would any other business."

The club opened briefly in January but was quickly shut down by the city because it was operating without permits and within a city zone that did not allow such businesses, Spencer said.

Roger Jon Diamond, the attorney representing the Smiths, said his clients' First Amendment rights were violated when the city tried to shut the club down.

"People who want to engage in erotic activity have the right, and we have a right to present the entertainment to consenting adults," said Diamond. "Religious groups such as the Taliban and a church might oppose it, but they don't have the right to tell adults in America what they can see."

Diamond noted that the club will have security guards on site, which will help reduce crime in the area.

But Armenta called it a "moral issue."

"We don't want our children to support an establishment like that, and if we're forced to have one in our city, we should be able to dictate where that establishment can go so that it is not near a school, church or McDonald's play area," he said. "I'm taking a stand for the people."

-- Jennifer Parsons can be reached at (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3050, or by e-mail at jennifer.parsons@sgvn.com.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tity bars are good. when i stayed up in canada for a week of hockey the hotel i was staying at had a club and stip bar in the basement. me and my friends would sneek by the security guard and go in threw the loundry hallway thing. it was good we got kicked outa the hotel on the 2nd day though.

Well all the strip joints I go to the girls will go outside to smoke outside and they'll be in their outfits. Smoking indoors is illegal in California. So I can see their point too. Also sometimes guy's get all stupid. I 've seen that alot too where they get all loud after seeing titty and start pissing in the lots. So I can see both sides.

of course we got some strip clubs but the better ones you gotta be 21 to get in. little darlings and deja vu are holding it down but cheetah's and spearmint rhino is kinda where i want to be. theres is a huge strip club about to open in a little bit once it gets finished. man, i cant wait to get in there.

i say get rid of the mcdonalds

and on a sidenote i hate the spearmint rhino!

i prefer the dirty dirty of the full nude clubs

hey has anyone else noticed that strippers all smell the same?

somethin like a mix between babypowder and i dunno

I frequent the Industry and Downtown LA Rhinos. They are great. My homies been to the Santa Barbara one and said it's better than those 2. I think the ones in the IE suck though. But I can't say from experience. I hear the Vegas one is poppin.

although the titty bar has every right to be there, i think it's kinda morally distrubing that it is so close to the mcdonalds. what can you do anyways? the owners of titty bars are usually stubborn guys, i dont think that they are going to budge.

Archived