Woody Allen

Nutonce

this man is the don of films.

too smart for the ordinary. too real for the ignorant.

Remarkable work, nothing remotely close to his level of intelligence, talent and humor is available today.

although sideway was extraordinary. still not touching the don's work.

voice your opinions.

i recommend all, just to be exposed to his work, but especially some of his less recent works.

for example:

crimes and misdemeanors

small time crooks

recognize.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Radio Days is my fave. Although I have somehow yet to see Annie fucking Hall.

His last..I dunno...6 have been mediocre. His newest, Melinda and Melinda, was mediocre as well. Will Ferrel was actually really good. Steve Carrell was in it...and he was kinda pointless. It was strange.

He's usually pretty whatever about his movies, but he said he's actually pretty confident about the one thats coming out soon, Match Point. Scarlett Johansan is in it. That's apparently why he's so confident.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Apr 25 2005, 03:20 PM

His last..I dunno...6 have been mediocre. His newest, Melinda and Melinda, was mediocre as well. Will Ferrel was actually really good. Steve Carrell was in it...and he was kinda pointless. It was strange.

i couldn't agree more. he's known for his sharp dialogue driven style, but the dialogue was so freakin' boring 90% of the time it was hard to care enough to follow.

ferrell was good except he was the "woody allen character," which can be annoying at times.

i give the movie a c-.

i do like stuff like manhattan and annie hall, and i guess everyone hated the newer one with jason biggs and christina ricci, but i kinda dug it. better than melinda and melinda at least.

Originally posted by fr8lover@Apr 25 2005, 12:13 PM

ferrell was good except he was the "woody allen character," which can be annoying at times.

i guess everyone hated the newer one with jason biggs and christina ricci, but i kinda dug it. better than melinda and melinda at least.

Yeah, it was like he didn't feel like acting, so he let Ferrell do it for him. Still, I liked his delivery a lot.

And I'm with ya on Anything Else. I was really into it. That scene when Woody smashes the windshield is priceless. Def better than MelindaX2.