Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

woo hoo, seeking finally learned how to make scanner lines in photoshop.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Apr 5, 2002.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, i know i should have known this for years, but whatever, im a hack.
    anyone have any tips for making shit look like it was really taken right off a tv? ive done a bunch of these tonight, and most of them look ok (IMO) but they dont look exactly real. they're missing a certain sort of something... im not sure what. anyone have anything they'd like to show the class? im not talking about 3d robots (no offense mams) but more 'organic' stuff. make sense?

2. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

3. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

how bout you share some of your boundless knowledge with the rest of us infidels...........seriously , i wouldnt mind knowing how you did that .

4. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

looks pretty good...
    i know what you're talking about....that something..
    i'd appreciate a little tutorial..........
    i've been trying to get that dirty/degraded
    by years in the sun/gritty 1979 super 8 home
    video steelo for awhile...

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i'm serious.
    i'm fucking amateur.
    tweak the hue, add some minor
    blur, then some minor film grain...
    then what?
    looks like shit.
    holla.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

why the hell would i post a pic of myself? c'mon now.

brown, i know what your talking about. sometimes i'll take the pic, save it as a low quality jpeg, open it up, save it again. and just keep doing that till i have the desired 'look.' it works better with some pictures than others. blowing out the saturation helps too. but im still searching for the right 'formula' cause its always one step off.

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i dont know , i saw the sleeve thing and it rang a preverbial bell . so i asked

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

aserine, heres the crash course.

make a new image, 2pixels tall, and 2 pixels wide, transparent background. (yes, very tiny).

now make half of that black, so you have a 1x2 black square, the rest transparent.
    edit>save as pattern

now open up whatever pic you wanna put the lines on.
    make a new layer ontop of it, open up the fill bucket and click 'fill with pattern.' if your using 6 it should be along the top. if your not, you're gonna have to go looking cause i dont know.

it should fill the layer with lines.
    gausian blur like .5 or 1. change the opacity to fit your fancy.

i did alot of other stuff, like spherize the image a little bit, so it would look like a real screen bowing out. i also made the little black screen border and added a very faint 'reflection' of light just below the ansiq.

hope that works for you.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

naw, its my friend and his wife. they rock.

10. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

thanks, i'll see if that helps.

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

fuck photoshop 5.0LE .

12. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

hey cool man , im gonna try that.........see its procedures like this i'd never think of .

13. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

hey thats really good seeking!

could of fooled me.

photoshop stresses me out too much. im currently working on a logo for some damn interior design company, and i am pullin my hair out.

14. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

ya , i cant find where to save as pattern

15. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 Veteran Member

thats how i did it another way to do it is go to halftone in the filters make black and white as your colors and itll automatically do that stripe shit for you i also tried different patterns besides black and white lines i tried circles, checker patterns its pretty damn neat did you just put that black and white stripe layer on top of the main picture and fucked with the opacity or what? i love photo shoppo