Wonder Years

Grandola

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the wonder years was suuuucccchhhhhh a big part growing up! seriously off the hook stuff back in the day, and still is....... and the opening song is something ill never forget for some reason..

:: sigh ::

id definitely fuck the mom before any of them.

i used to have a running joke with my dad where I would report to him any sightings of 'the wonders years dad'.

like if Id see him in a movie or another show or something Id be like 'hey its a wonder years dad sighting, write it down!!'. I always thought that was funny, just because it was such an obscure thing to do, but my dad, nor anyone else ever got the joke.

now i have olsen twins posters on my wall, and no one gets that joke either.

Uh, Guys.....

The theme song from The Wonder Years is a song written and first cut by one of the best known bands of the 1960's, The Beatles. It was a collaboration between two enormously talented musicians John Lennon and Paul McCartney. If you've never heard their music (you have, you just may not realize it) you ought to check them out. You can get CD's like "The Best of the Beatles" dirt cheap. They led a music revolution in America called (at that time) the British Invasion. They were the acceptable British rockers. The Rolling Stones were the "bad boys of British rock 'n' roll." John Lennon was assassinated in New York, on Dec. 8, 1980. When I was 13 years old, in 1964, they FUCKING RULED THE RADIO. I dropped LSD the first time, listening to the Beatles' album, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." It was ultra-cutting-edge in it's day.

http://beatlefans.com/lyrics/a_little_help..._my_friends.htm

http://www.john-lennon.com/theassassinationofjl.htm

BTW, I always thought the actress that played Winnie was the Girlfriend-Every-1960's-Kid-Wished-He-Had-Had. She is just a beautiful girl. When that girl flips her hair and looks over her shoulder out of the corner of her eyes, I feel a little hypnotized. Kevin's sister did a pretty good job of playing a suburban-girl-gone-"hippie" too. I loved the episode where the Dad gives her his old Marine Corps seabag, and says "This seabag stood me well through a lot of hard times." Brought tears to my eyes, as an old hippie, as a father, and as a Marine. Awesome show, no doubt. The writers kicked major ass.

i love that show.

my favorite episode is the one where kevin and winnie are going to different schools and they both have a field trip to the museum then winnie is dating some other guy and kevin finds the nnecklace that he gave her. it made me sad.

Guest JoeHatesCops

people tell me i look like kevin, mostly girls, but that show made me feel sad when i was like 11, cause i didnt have a girlfreind, jungle 2 jungle that movie did the same shit to me, made me feel worthless because i wasnt gtting girls

not that it matters or u should give a shit but my sisters good friend is cousins with those guys..or some ish like that..i think.. because you know that main character from boy meets world?well thats somethin savage..."kevins" brother in real life. and my sis was at her frineds house lookin thru a photo album and saw pictures from a bahmitzva( i kno i spelled that really wrong)and was like "arent they from t.v?"and so yea.. theyre jewish..also.. ben savage..thats his name

hahahaha....Fred Savage.........:crazy: rawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......1980's represent.

Re: Uh, Guys.....

Originally posted by KaBar

The theme song from The Wonder Years is a song written and first cut by one of the best known bands of the 1960's, The Beatles.

who didnt know that?! if someone didnt know that...i am truly disappointed. sergant pepper's lonely heart's club band.

man, i was hooked on this show. they show reruns on tnn from time to time... the episode that is standing out most in my mind is when kevin and his dad build the treehouse and both "fall in love" with the woman next door. if you think about what goes on in the episode, its kinda fucked up and a bit crazy, but just let the voiceover come in at the end and make it all right...

Originally posted by 82

man, i was hooked on this show. they show reruns on tnn from time to time... the episode that is standing out most in my mind is when kevin and his dad build the treehouse and both "fall in love" with the woman next door. if you think about what goes on in the episode, its kinda fucked up and a bit crazy, but just let the voiceover come in at the end and make it all right...

yea, that episode rocked...

for everyone that wants reruns, if you have "TV Land," last time i checked, they showed reruns on there..

piece.

Devilush

Canadiano said it was a song cut by Joe Cocker. Cocker did cover it, in his own bizarre and demented way, but people "from" the '60s never really thought of "With a Little Help From My Friends" as a Joe Cocker song. It's a John Lennon tune. It's like saying that because Jimi Hendrix played a famous rendition of the National Anthem at Woodstock that "The Star-Spangled Banner" is a Hendrix tune.

I'm guessing that you are a good deal older than Canadiano, and grew up in a home where your parents at least had a collection of Beatles music, even if they didn't play them much. Each generation has a sort of myopic view of the music popular during their adolescence. It's really difficult for me to imagine fond memories of a high-schgool prom featuring rap music tunes. Where's the romance? Seems like to me that the girls would DEMAND some softer-edge music for slow dancing, but what do I know? The world is upside down and getting worse by the minute.

My parents, who went through the Great Depression as children in Oklahoma and north Texas (the Dust Bowl), and who were high-schoolers and young adults (my Dad served in the Army Air Corps--the precursor to the U.S. Air Force) during WWII, loved big band swing music--Glenn Miller, Jimmy Dorsey, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, the Andrews Sisters and so on. I scorned these songs when I was a kid--what an idiot! I could not see that ragtime (1900) led to swing (1916) which led to big band music (1942), which led to the jump blues (1945) which led to rock and roll (1954). It's all one long continuous evolution.

The same is true of todays' music, and if you have any doubt that rap had roots in rock 'n' roll, do listen to "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan, which was written about 1965 or so. If that ain't rap, what is it?

We get so caught up in trying to separate from our parents and be independent that we often throw the baby out with the bath water. These days, I love swing, especially the jump blues. "They don't make them like that anymore--or do they?" (Big Bad VooDoo Daddy!)

Archived