Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Woman Knocked Unconscious While Shopping (hilarious)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ORANGE CITY, Fla. Nov. 29 — A mob of shoppers rushing for a sale on DVD players trampled the first woman in line and knocked her unconscious as they scrambled for the shelves at a Wal-Mart Supercenter.
    Patricia VanLester had her eye on a $29 DVD player, but when the siren blared at 6 a.m. Friday announcing the start to the post-Thanksgiving sale, the 41-year-old was knocked to the ground by the frenzy of shoppers behind her.

"She got pushed down, and they walked over her like a herd of elephants," said VanLester's sister, Linda Ellzey. "I told them, `Stop stepping on my sister! She's on the ground!'"

Ellzey said some shoppers tried to help VanLester, and one employee helped Ellzey reach her sister, but most people just continued their rush for deals.

"All they cared about was a stupid DVD player," she said Saturday.

Paramedics called to the store found VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player, surrounded by shoppers seemingly oblivious to her, said Mark O'Keefe, a spokesman for EVAC Ambulance.

She was flown to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach, where doctors told the family VanLester had a seizure after she was knocked down and would likely remain hospitalized through the weekend, Ellzey said. Hospital officials said Saturday they did not have any information on her condition.

"She's all black and blue," Ellzey said. "Patty doesn't remember anything. She still can't believe it all happened."

Ellzey said Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to ask about her sister, and the store apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her.

Wal-Mart Stores spokeswoman Karen Burk said she had never heard of a such a melee during a sale.

"We are very disappointed this happened," Burk said. "We want her to come back as a shopper."

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20031129_451.html

2. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

why do people care so much, the other i saw a dvd player for $80 australian, thats like $55 american...im positive you can find dvd players in the US for under 50...all that trouble for a $21 saving?

4. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

so fuckin sad

the best/worst part is how they put a dvd ON HOLD for her

5. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

walmart did one and half billion dollars in sales yesterday. i hope she sues them blind.

6. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

...........i wouldve trampled her just for shits and giggles anyhow. let alone the bitch getting in the way of my dvd player.

AMERICA WOOOO!

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Black friday is fucking disgusting, by far my least favourite day of the year. That's right people: CONSUME!

8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

hopefully something like this will happen to tease when he goes looking for 'hoes' at the store

9. CAPiTA

CAPiTA Member

I can imagine the scene; some old lady, bloody and unconscious, slumped over a DVD player with shoppers rushing by.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

this kinda shit doesn't happen when you shop online

11. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

That's what happens when you try and save money the day after thanksgiving. I found myself at a walmart a few years back on the day following thanksgiving and I have since sworn off shopping at walmart.... especially during their sale frenzies(sp?).

12. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

nothings wrong with america. nothing at all.
    usa usa usa

13. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

I know, they should have just GIVEN her the damn thing, bastards:mad: :D

14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

YOu guys think this is such a big thing. i dont think it is. Oh well people are crazy.

15. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Trample your way to savings! Step over high prices!
    Walk all over great deals! Run, don't walk to your nearest dvd display area!

middle america....cultural dumping ground