Woman arrested, cuffed for eating candy bar in subway station

japillahan

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/ap07-2...2920041437#body

WASHINGTON, July 29 — Eating en route to or while riding the subway here is a no-no.

Stephanie Willett, a government employee, found that out the hard way recently. Finishing a candy bar on her way into a Metro station, she was arrested, handcuffed and detained for three hours.

Willett said she was eating a PayDay bar on an escalator descending into a station July 16 when a transit policeman warned her to finish it before entering the station. Both Willett and police agree that she nodded and put the last bit into her mouth before throwing the wrapper into a trash can.

Willett, a 45-year-old Environmental Protection Agency scientist, told radio station WTOP that the officer then followed her into the station, one of several in downtown Washington.

''Don't you have some other crimes you have to take care of?'' Willett said she told the officer.

Washington has been under heightened security because of the continuing threat of terrorism. And last week, police declared a citywide crime emergency over rising juvenile crime.

The transit police officer asked for Willett's identification, but Willett kept walking. She said she was then frisked and handcuffed.

''If she had stopped eating, it would have been the end of it and if she had just stopped for the issuance of a citation, she never would have been locked up,'' Transit Police Chief Polly Hanson said Thursday.

Metrorail has been criticized in the past for heavy-handed enforcement of the eating ban. In 2000, a police officer handcuffed a 12-year-old girl for eating a french fry on a subway platform.

In 2002, one of their officers ticketed a wheelchair-bound cerebral palsy patient for cursing when he was unable to find a working elevator to leave a station . Unflattering publicity eventually led the police to void the ticket.

Willett was the second person arrested this year for eating or drinking, Hanson said. In addition, police have issued 58 tickets and given more than 300 written warnings.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shit's crazy all over

ST. PETERSBURG

Cell Phone at Movie Leads to 2 Arrests

The Associated Press

A college student who took a cell phone call from her mother in a movie theater was pepper sprayed by a police officer and charged with disorderly conduct, along with her boyfriend.

Warronnica Harris, 23, was at the Muvico theater at BayWalk on Saturday night, watching the opening credits to Catwoman when her cell phone rang.

"It was my mom calling me," Harris said. "It was a family emergency."

Harris said she spoke so quietly that her mother couldn't hear her. Then Officer John Douglas shined a flashlight in her eyes.

He asked Harris and her boyfriend, Terrell "KC" Tolson, 25, to leave. He pushed Harris in the hallway, then pepper sprayed both of them in the lobby, the couple said. Neither Harris nor Tolson has a criminal record.

Police denied their account, saying Harris refused to end her cell phone conversation, yelled at Douglas and refused to leave the theater. Her boyfriend also refused to leave and threatened the officer, police said.

Witnesses said the pair did nothing wrong.

Re: Shit's crazy all over

Originally posted by Smart

ST. PETERSBURG

Cell Phone at Movie Leads to 2 Arrests

The Associated Press

A college student who took a cell phone call from her mother in a movie theater was pepper sprayed by a police officer and charged with disorderly conduct, along with her boyfriend.

Warronnica Harris, 23, was at the Muvico theater at BayWalk on Saturday night, watching the opening credits to Catwoman when her cell phone rang.

"It was my mom calling me," Harris said. "It was a family emergency."

Harris said she spoke so quietly that her mother couldn't hear her. Then Officer John Douglas shined a flashlight in her eyes.

He asked Harris and her boyfriend, Terrell "KC" Tolson, 25, to leave. He pushed Harris in the hallway, then pepper sprayed both of them in the lobby, the couple said. Neither Harris nor Tolson has a criminal record.

Police denied their account, saying Harris refused to end her cell phone conversation, yelled at Douglas and refused to leave the theater. Her boyfriend also refused to leave and threatened the officer, police said.

Witnesses said the pair did nothing wrong.

bitch got off easy. i would've choked the shit out of her.

destroya doesn't play that shit.

Agreed destroya.. If the lady didnt finish the candy bar i would of taken out the knightstick and went directly for the shins.. That bitch would been bleedin over a candy bar...

:lol: ..

no seriously.. how wack is this ??

absofuckinglutely nothing!

last year a denver cop shot and killed a retarded black kid saying he had a knife and was going to stab him....the kid was playing with a plastic ninja katana i think..but he was PLAYING WITH IT....and they didnt do shit to the cop.

then like three weeks ago in denver cops broke into the wrong house, then shot this old guy to death...he had a gun sais the police...he had a soda can and was in bed watching tv......

fuck this.

Originally posted by 455

Fuck a police state....99% of them are fuckin' cocksuckers...

You know, in their defense... and I don't care what they do on their own time... but none of them ever sucked MY cock

Originally posted by CRAMPS

absofuckinglutely nothing!

last year a denver cop shot and killed a retarded black kid saying he had a knife and was going to stab him....the kid was playing with a plastic ninja katana i think..but he was PLAYING WITH IT....and they didnt do shit to the cop.

i would've shot his punk ass too.

and smart is hysterical.

Originally posted by Smart

You know, in their defense... and I don't care what they do on their own time... but none of them ever sucked MY cock

Damn...Smart.....hahaha....you most definitely come correct with the verbal jabs.....hahaha.....but ya know my guard is never let down....lol

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Nekro

I fully agree with pepper-spraying people who take cell phone calls in movie theaters.

ABSOLUTELY...if it was a fucking FAMILY EMERGENCY why would you stay in the theatre to talk about it? I believe the cop there and am glad that he blasted that ass for the many movies that have been ruined for all of us...

The cop was on the Atkin's Diet

She flaunted that PayDay in his face like the degenerate little terrorist saboteur she is, and it was Pepper Spray Time. That'll teach her to tempt the po-lice. What did they charge her with? Maybe "Possession of Unauthorized Carbohydrate-Loaded Food Product Items."

Anyway, who eats fucking PayDay candy bars anyway? The chick must have a death wish. Just typing those words, I can feel my cardiac arteries clogging up. I need some bacon.

if she would have been armed with her constitutionally guranteed fully automatic assault rifle, she could have defended her self from the tyrany of the man!

and i agree with smart, not once, out of the dozens of altercations i've had with cops, did one of them ever attempt to, imply a desire to, or insinuate in any way that he'd like to suck my, or anyone elses cock.

i dont like them abusing their power, but i really wouldnt like them blowing me either.

in other news, i cant remember where it was, but some city was on some bullshit, where cops would pull people for driving 'safe', then instead of a ticket, they would offer them coupons for free ice cream or movie rentals.

holy fucking dumb waste of tax payers time and money!

Archived