With a name like this what more do you expect???

Guest ToYs

ok i thought i would contribute a little. ok so i got my own little legal and ive been practicing. any tips or advice is welcome, no dick head useless comments please. ok now on with the toyness:

one of my first attempts at a character. im not sure if i like it or not. i know its better than my past attempts.(thats not saying much)

http://seemesmile.com/photos4/2499344a.jpg'>

Today kiddies we are going to learn the letter "B" B is for BOMB

http://seemesmile.com/photos4/2499345a.jpg'>

yeah i posted this in another thread but im going to put it in here too for the hell of it.

http://seemesmile.com/photos4/2461656a.jpg'>

ok there you go. say what you wanna say. i put myself out there. i dont see very many other people doin the same.

~peace~

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

do things that are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY simple. im talking like........ going into ms word and printing out your name in a font like "impact" (is that even in ms word?) draw a really simple 3-d on it and go outside on your board and just take your time trying to do it. dont force anything and dont try to like.....pioneer styles at this stage.just learn how to make really simple stuff come out looking "right"

well good try

your stuff aint to bad the b is the best and the shade on the rope thing aint to bad it all depends on how long that took you tho well keep up the work go out hit the streets ... i say is practice on flare'n out your hand and hiting some hands on the street frist then bombs then work your way up slowly..:D oh ya that rad sucks so bad im sorry!!!:mad:

sherm sticks

just learn can control, dont worry about style... no one really cares about that as long as you bomb hard and are from a renouned city... llok at peopel like VFR from NYC. he has mad control, but his throws were nothing technical. he was up hard core for his time. of course, i'm not from new york, but i am just using an example.

just bomb hard, the styles will come. yes, we are all toys...

oooooooh rock my amedeus

-falco-

1. i would use roll paint on those pieces of wood...just to make them hold paint better...

2. study shit on here and learn to 3d your stuff, and to border it (go all the way around it with another color)---youve got the cloud, but on that B, you couldve gone around it with rusto yeller or something and it wouldve brought it out a lot...

3. put those pieces of wood together after youve buffed them, paint a full piece with 3d's and a border and come back and show us then....

honestly...i would buff that wood and just stand there making lines...figuring out how far to hold your hand from the surface, how fast to move it, how to press and release the cap...just fucking with it...then repaint it, and try again...

good luck there buddy...

thanks for all the cricism. WOW people are telling me to go practice on the streets, i posted before and was told to quit graffiti. WOOHOO! nah but thanks for the comments. and yeah i got a big "backyard" but the size of my ass is none of your business wierdo.

Guest fr8lover

just keep to the board and practice over and over every day and you'll notice improvement. i mean, yeah, it kinda sucks that its come to people learning on a board in the backyard but i think in the long run youll thank yourself for not trying to go "all out" with absolutely no talent in the bag yet, you know?

keep it up and everytime youll see at least some form of improvement if you keep at it. you are going to have to cut with the corny characters and start to figure out basic letter structure and color theory before you do anything else, though.

Originally posted by fr8lover

just keep to the board and practice over and over every day and you'll notice improvement. i mean, yeah, it kinda sucks that its come to people learning on a board in the backyard but i think in the long run youll thank yourself for not trying to go "all out" with absolutely no talent in the bag yet, you know?

keep it up and everytime youll see at least some form of improvement if you keep at it. you are going to have to cut with the corny characters and start to figure out basic letter structure and color theory before you do anything else, though.

ok im not getting defensive at all. just got some questions.

1. whats corny about the character?

2. aside form the rad thing i thought the B had pretty ok structure, am i wrong?

3. again, aside from the rad thing i thought the B had an ok color theory. wrong again?

Guest HOST18 DYM

Practice on paper.. not wood.. wood has nothing to do with anything, so don't use it. Get a book and practice letter structures, start with straight letters. When you come up with something you consider decent, go outside (no not outside to your back yard) and paint it. The experiance of painting outside where graffiti is done is just as important as practicing your letters on paper. Repeat these steps until your dead.

that character or whatever next to the B is pretty cool..but get a sketchbook...wood is a waste of time and lots of paint...so just fill a book then paint out in the street...and it might have been a mistake painting in your yard also because im sure your parents (if your living with them) are going to be curious about why youre going to work on those boards...but oh well...

Originally posted by MoeLarryCurly

you own little legal? thats a house in the burbs for chrissake.remember dont listen to pricks like me,just paint.,,..weed

suburbia? no sorry middle class all the way

Guest uncle-boy

i didn't read everyone elses comments so if it's been said sorry.

i think your starting out good mr.toys.

if i could offer any advice, i'd say cut your lines.

just use the fill color to "cut" your outlines so it's cleaner and doesnt have the little over spray and stuff. its really easy and makes a big difference.

then learn how to put a good drop shadow on your bomb after that just keep up the good work.

oh yeah, draw a lot on in your sketch book its helps tremendously.

Originally posted by uncle-boy

i didn't read everyone elses comments so if it's been said sorry.

i think your starting out good mr.toys.

if i could offer any advice, i'd say cut your lines.

just use the fill color to "cut" your outlines so it's cleaner and doesnt have the little over spray and stuff. its really easy and makes a big difference.

then learn how to put a good drop shadow on your bomb after that just keep up the good work.

oh yeah, draw a lot on in your sketch book its helps tremendously.

thanks man. ill try that technique sometime, and hell ill go out there tommarow and put the drop shadow on that bomb.

thanks ~peace~

Archived