Wisdom tooth removal fun

fr8lover

I put it off long enough, and today I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed from my mouth.

I fasted last night, woke up and took a perscribed 10mg valium to calm me down before I got to the office. They made me go to the bathroom before the proceedure, which I imagine is making sure that I didn't "evacuate" myself while being put under.

They sat me in the chair and gave me the nitrous gas through a nosepiece. My god, that stuff is great. Smells good, and coupled with the valium I was very relaxed. At this time, I was still talking to my nurses, as one was my friend's mother and the other his aunt. They cleaned my arm and inserted the IV, and I think I was only aware for another minute or less. I have no recollection of leaving the office, and I woke up in a chair at my parent's house drooling blood down the side of my shirt and the chair.

The first couple hours were horrible. My mouth was still numb from the novocaine so I had a hard time swallowing the penicillin and percocet I was perscribed. My parents had to keep changing my gauze and they were pretty saturated with blood each time they were removed. I remember vaguely telling my mom to "go fuck yourself" because she kept on telling me I was going to feel better. I had to apologize when I came to. I zonked out for another few hours and woke up around 5:00pm to take some more percocet and watch "donnie darko" with my parents. My mouth hurt from having to explain things to them they missed...I guess it's not a good idea to watch movies like that when you aren't really supposed to talk.

So far I've only been able to drink smoothies and a concoction of chocolate snack pack mixed with milk and shook up to a liquid consistency. I just woke up at 3am my time, and the areas where my wisdom teeth were taken out are extremely swollen and it's hard for me to swallow or open my mouth. I was hoping the percocet would do a better job of putting me to sleep as it dulled the pain, and that the ibuprofen would help the swelling more than it has so far.

Any tips or suggestions to make the next few days a little better? I was supposed to go back to work on Wednesday, but this shit is really uncomfortable/painful and the last thing I need is to be working while my mouth bleeds and I'm pumped full of percocet. I'm worried about dry sockets, so I'm more or less just pouring food down my throat to avoid much contact.

My girlfriend is coming down tomorrow, so at least I have another person to complain to. Does the swelling and pain usually last for only a couple of days or can I expect longer? When do the stitches disolve?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had the exact same thing done to me last year too homie.

That valium really had me fucked up by the time I got into the dentists office. I had them give me the teeth when they were all done scooping them out of my jaw. I had the distinct pleasure of washing all the blood and gristle off of them a few days later and then mounting them on my bookshelf.

Ha, i too awoke back at me and my gf's place drooling blood all over a nice ass pillow case. I barely remembered the ride home. That IV they give you knocks your ass right out.

But anyway, i recovered and was eating solid food less than three days later.

Tips for you to enjoy....

1. Make sure you keep those bloody holes clear of food bits.

2. ENjoy your supply of pain killers. Vicadin is just like candy

3. If you must have real food, chop it up good and then mash that shit against the roof of your mouth with your tounge. Make a V shape with your tounge and then sluice the food down it into your throat. This will help it avoid contact with them bloody digs where your teeth used to be.

4. Everyone recovers at a different rate. I was luckier than most apparently. I was eating cheeseburgers two days later. In sum, don't force yourself to recover.

Originally posted by LENS

That valium really had me fucked up by the time I got into the dentists office. I had them give me the teeth when they were all done scooping them out of my jaw.

haha yeah ive got my soaking in a cup by the sink. the cut up bottom ones look pretty disgusting.

i remember when my friend got his out when we were in high school. he got stoned (bad idea) and we made him laugh so hard that his stitches started popping out. he sat with his hands on his face going, "HAHAHAowwwwwwwwwHAHAoowwwww" for a long time.

i'm really worried about those joints popping out now. Earlier today was pretty easy once I woke up, but i was prepared for this swelling. opening my mouth is pretty hard.

when i got my huge cunt tonsils out i didnt eat a scrap for two weeks....and coulnt talk...was really gay

the only other thing i remember is getting root canal a couple of years ago and it really doesnt hurt despite its reputation..

anyway my only tip is to eat lemonade ice blocks, they are soothing. have fun

you pussies

when i got my wisdom teeth pulled

i just vegged in front of the tv for two days

and after that was fine

vicodin every once in a while

cigarettes and beer

supposedly alcohol and cigarettes arent good

when you get your wisdoms pulled

but i saw no ill effects

!!!!!

heyhey!

well 2 and a half months ago i had my 4 wisdom teeth out

but i got them done in hospital

i was luky cause i had them out on monday morn first thing and by wensday everything was fine! and back to work ....i only really got one gap in my gums but thats almost closed now but was fukning anoying at the start cause food get caught in there.

my face didnt swell at all was fine but just make sure that you keep ice on ya face...

the only thing that realy hurt a bit was my jaw and i think this was becasue my mouth was extended open for sooo long but yeah its worth getting done for many reasons later on in life.

just eat jelly..jelly is the best!

last time i went to the dentist she told me my wisdom teeth have grown in crooked...and i havent gone back since...lately i have mentally got myself ready thinkin it wont be that bad..then i read this thread and im back to square 1...thanks guys

^^^^

putting it of for as long as you can and trying to forget about it isnt a very good idea.........

ok so i was thinking along the same lines arrr shall i do it now or laters...

well do it whilst ya young the younger the better!!

each day they are still alive and growing they will never go away by them selfs.

if you leave them to long they can end up mucking up all ya other teeth by making them crooked and can even make the ajoining teeth rot.

also one of the MAIN other things that can happen IS that as you get old the teeth keep growing this means that when you do get them removed you end up having bigger holes in your gums which will take longer to grow back and alsoooo your teeth start growing into your jaw!

growing into your jaw means its an evan harsher time getting them pulled out and when you do get them finally pulled out u can even end up having a pins and needles sensation in your jaw or your tounge or both and this can last for years..........

...this infomation should scare a couple of yous so u should really get it looked at..:D

see, my dentist said they were growing in ok.

he wants to take them out because they will most likely develop cavities since their hard to brush.

one of my friends waited to long and the rest of her teeth developed miniscule cracks. now she has to get root canals regularly.

another guy i knew had them completely sideways in his mouth, but wouldn't get them taken out.

blessed evolution.

Speaking of which, where do you think evolution will take us in the next thousands of years? since evolution is a product of adaptation to environment, and since we have everything so easily, i wonder how our bodies will respond.

Will our bodies stop evolving?

will we become androids?

I got mine out two at a time. When i got the uppers out the dude messed up and left stumps in one. Shards of movable root in the back of my mouth. I went on for a week like that before I went back, talk about pain. What I remember most is him grabbing my head firmly and putting lots of pressure with some scary tool cracking my jaw bone/tooth, which, as you might guess, was very, very loud to me.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Stop being such pussies. I can't believe some of the shit I am reading today. It is starting to be easy to pick out which one of you have never been in the real world surviving on your own. Some of you need to grow some balls and take shit like a man.

dude give me a break. real world surviving on my own? i do that everyday of my life. id be out on the street if i was forced to pay for oral surgery, so guess what, i'm back at home with the parents until wednesday when I get back to the "real world."

the drooling blood, the passing out...you cant really help that, bro. i like how the world is one big chance for people like you to one up yourself and be more of a man than the next guy.

hope you enjoy living your life in the "real world" like its one big contest, i'll be sitting here with a swollen mouth and stitches, eating percocet.

peace.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

My top wisdom teeth are fully out and about, which means my dad will remove them instead of a dental surgeon. This is a tremendously scary thought, if you've heard about my dad.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

My top wisdom teeth are fully out and about, which means my dad will remove them instead of a dental surgeon. This is a tremendously scary thought, if you've heard about my dad.

We expect a thread fully documenting the procedure, complete with pictures

And if you don't wake up from whatever anaestethic you use (coughALCOHOLcough) with lots of dicks drawn on your face, I will be disappointed

I only needed one poped out,

as I have a big jaw, and they

just used a local freezing.

Well I sat on the bus coming home

and this super hot girl was smiling at me.

Turns out it was because I was drooling and

trying to looks all slick but half my face was frozen.

GHAAH!!!....horrible....

i already go tmine out....the real pain is after the procedure hwen th epain killer wears off...it felt like soemone had hit me in the face with a baseballbat....nothing a few horsepills coudlnt fix.....

attention to all those waiting till the bitter end to get them removed....the longer you wait...(past the age of thirty especially) the less likely your gums will heal fully...and the more likely you are prone to infection and complications....:D

Originally posted by <KEY3>

Turns out it was because I was drooling and

trying to looks all slick but half my face was frozen.

:lol: awesome.

I still have all of my wisdom teeth. my orthodontist made room for them to come in and my dentist saw no need to remove them.

I feel sorry for all you fawkers that have to have them removed.

I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out a month and a half ago. It was a messy procedure that consisted of an electric saw of some sort, and the cutting open of my gums. Not an hour after the surgery, I was smoking, drinking, and watching the Leaf game. My mom was making puree out of everything, because I think that whole thing of smoking fucking up the healing process is true.

mine are starting to come in but to me it feels like theres enough room...the dentist says otherwise. all i know is that i don't want to get them out, especially after reading that you get an IV put in your arm and cant remember shit. who knows what i'll do or say if i have no control over myself...i don't even want to know

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I'm sure the removal of your teeth will involve a large fan eh?

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Devilush

dammit. i was looking forward to that salad too. :o

mmm..tasty...;)

anyway, the best cure for ANY visit to a dentists which onvolves major pain etc is to smoke a big spliff to yourself when you get home (on top of whatever pills your taking) and to collapse and sleep it off.

sneaks/always books dentisits for last appointments.

I had the joy of getting my wisdom teeth removed last week. They didn't put me under, just froze my mouth with that horrible injection shit. So yes, I had the pleasure of being awake for the entire precedings. It didn't hurt, but I could feel them drilling away, and yanking them to shit...

The worst part of the whole thing was feeling the blood gush down my throat when they finally came out. It tasted absolutley awful and I thought I was going to throw up. Sickeningly salty-sweet. Eww I can taste it right now....

I then spent the next 4 or 5 days as a zombie watching the cartoon network for about 12 hours a day. I didn't eat a thing the whole time and only drank a little bit of water so I could swallow my painkillers. The only movement I did was changing my blood soaked gauze every few hours.

I swelled up like a motherfucker, too. It was only a few days ago where I could finally open my mouth the whole way. It was just as horrible an experience as I imagined it to be.

And the best part is, they only did the right side. So yay, I get to go back and get the left side done, and go through it all over again.

a little update.

my shit is WAYYY more swollen today than it was yesterday. it doesnt hurt so much as it's really uncomfortable. my food intake has consisted of

breakfast: two snackpacks pureed with milk and put into squeeze bottle

lunch: tomato soup microwaved and put into squeeze bottle

snack: snack pack pureed with milk and put into squeeze bottle

dinner: most likely tomato soup microwaved and put into squeeze bottle

all this mixed with percocet and ibuprofen.

Archived