wisdom teeth

shitmop-1$

i just had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted earlier today. They put me under with nitrous oxide and the next thing i remember i was chillen in my room watching rap city. i was out for a long time and when i woke up all i felt was pain. all bad, its just all bad. It also didnt make it any better that i waited untill they allready started to rupture before i got them extracted. they gave me a lot of pain killers and antibiotics to take, so i look foward to taking more and crashing again later on tonight.

feel free to share your stories.

at least i got to keep my poor little teeth, ill post pictures some other time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive been posting to much but anyway i had all four out but i was under anesthesia they messed up with the tube they put down my throat because i had a sore throat that hurt worse than the teeth but that changed about 2 days later the pain was so bad i still remember that shit and i wouldnt take the painkillers for my own reasons i feel for you..

Ok so I have a apointment with an oral surgeon monday and I already know my fate. My top ones came in like 2 years ago and now the bottom ones are coming in and they hurt like hell when I eat.

So my question is are you completely sedated? or are you still awake when they're sticking a knife in your mouth?

Im scared ya'll.

Oh and with a good insurrance plan, what kind of pills are we talking about here? lortab or sometuhing shitty like darvon. and I also heard valium. will I get a weeks worth or a months. Just curious. Not a pill head or anything but around here these things go for 5-6 dollars a pop (for the pain pills). Since Im allergic to the Acetiminophen. I tell them Im not allergic then I go back and get something without APAP and you know the drill.

120 pills x 5= $600

and I keep the norcos or whatevs.

Oh dude, i had all four taken out at once last year. They gave me some valium beforehand to calm my ass down, i got to inhale a lot of nitrous and then they gave me an IV of some really fun dope to knock me out becuase the pills and nitrous weren't having the desired effect.

When I was out, I was having a dream i was being robbed by my friends and so i started fighting back. I woke up to find the orderlies helping me up off the bed instead. Whoops.

I recovered fairly quickly. I was able to eat a cheeseburger the next day and i was back to normnal in like...four days. It was a bitch eating for a while because little pieces of food would get caught in the fleshy cavities where my teeth used to be and i'd have to flush that shit out after every meaL. YAH.

when i got mine out, i remember fighting and yelling at the nurse saying i could walk to the car by myself, then taking the milkshake my mom bought me at a drivethru on the way home and just dropping it out the window after taking like two sips for no apparent reason, and then waking up a day and a half later on the couch in my living room. i spent the next couple days on the couch with the tv on, and it seemed like every single time i woke up, jerry springer was on. way fucked when you've been popping vicodin like it's candy...

but it didn't really hurt, and i was back on my feet in about a week. i had just finished school, so i didn't have to do shit for a while afterwards, which was definitely a big plus.

however, running out of pills and going through withdrawal symptoms for about two days sucked ass...fuck drug addiction, that was terrible.

I got all 4 of mine out last year. they gassed me and gave me vallium and i woke up in the middle of it to them cracking and yanking those suckers out so they gassed me more. i dont remember much except hitting on the nurse afterwards and trying to sell some old lady on the street my teeth. i was rockin puffed out cheeks for like a month. the drugs were gooooood though. especially the gas :)

Kido they usually give Hydrocodone (generic for vicodin) usually 7.5 mg vicoidn and 500 Acetiminophen. and about 20-30 pills at 1 pill for every 4-6 hours. It helps out when you used to work at a pharmacy for all the knowledge. I went to my dentist as well, so I don't know what they do at an oral surgeon. Probably no difference. **and if you smoke try not to smoke that much, cos you can infect your gums real bad and it'll hurt much much worse than getting wisdom teeth out.

Originally posted by kido

So my question is are you completely sedated? or are you still awake when they're sticking a knife in your mouth?

it all depends, if they put you under you wont feel a thing, and youll be so faded after they wake you up, that you will even forget the reason you are there. dont worry the pain only lasts four about five hours, its smooth sailing on codeine candy after that.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

when i got mine out, i remember fighting and yelling at the nurse saying i could walk to the car by myself, then taking the milkshake my mom bought me at a drivethru on the way home and just dropping it out the window after taking like two sips for no apparent reason, and then waking up a day and a half later on the couch in my living room.

fuck yeah. when i woke up i tried to act all normal and started to stumble all over the place. i was completely gone. my mom got me a milkshake and while i was drinking it only about half made it into my stomach, the rest ended up on my tshirt.

I got mine taken out back when I was like 17 or 18. They didn't put me under, they just gave me some pills about 30 minutes beforehand, and then just put one of those half masks that just covers your nose for the nitrous. The nitrous made me laugh for no reason, and then made me laugh at the fact that I was laughing for no reason...vicious cycle. Anyway, it was weird being awake the whole time and listening to the sound of my teeth cracking, and staring up at the dude yanking them out. But I didn't care because of the drugs.

The worst part is the huge needle that they stab your gums with. It's a big ol' metal thing with a huge thick ass needle. And it hurts pretty good.

I only got to take one vicadin after that. And I just laid around with rags sticking out of my mouth soaking up all the blood for the rest of the day. One time I woke up choking on blood. It was pretty chill. But the next day I was fine, didn't swell up or anything. Went to a friends house on the lake, chilled in the sun, and ate a hamburger.

Mine were in perfectly straight too. They said it's just standard to get them taken out now, because it's hard to keep them from getting cavities because they are so far back.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

Kido they usually give Hydrocodone (generic for vicodin) usually 7.5 mg vicoidn and 500 Acetiminophen. and about 20-30 pills at 1 pill for every 4-6 hours. It helps out when you used to work at a pharmacy for all the knowledge. I went to my dentist as well, so I don't know what they do at an oral surgeon. Probably no difference. **and if you smoke try not to smoke that much, cos you can infect your gums real bad and it'll hurt much much worse than getting wisdom teeth out.

thanks a lot. I figured I wasn't going to be able to smoke.

But what about drinking?? I think that the alcohol could posibly help the little buggers from getting infedcted

What they did for me was rip out the teeth whose places the wisdom teeth would be moving into when they did emerge, so now I have the widom teeth back there...

but the ones on top were barely coming through the gums. what they did was give me lots of nitrous, (while i listened to 311 the whole time on discman, it was great) give me local anesthetic in the back of the mouth for the needles for the real anesthetic, then stabbed me a couple of times with those and went hammering away at my molars and ripping out the chunks with their pliers while I giggled and kept imagining riding the roller coaster at Uncle Cliff's in Albuqerque while blood gushed into my mouth and was being sucked out with a tube but not too fast.

but i got some medicine, and that medicine sure made me fee gooood!!! Some kind of painkiller, I didn't know, I was Straight Edge!! hahaha.

But I couldn't spit for two weeks because the spitting action caused certain muscles in the back of the mouth to contract which just opened right up the incisions where they'd cut but put the self-dissolving stitches. A couple times I forgot, and blood would be pouring from my mouth, but the extreme pain taught me pretty fast :)

Have fun! :scramble:

But I couldn't spit for two weeks because the spitting action caused certain muscles in the back of the mouth to contract which just opened right up the incisions where they'd cut but put the self-dissolving stitches. A couple times I forgot, and blood would be pouring from my mouth, but the extreme pain taught me pretty fast

Have fun!

:o

It was the worst pain I've ever felt. I didn't get put under, I was given

novicaine. In fact just thinking about that day seriously disturbs me to

the point I physically shudder and feel ill.

Mine were impacted, and only one had surfaced. So the dentist sat there

with that metal chisel and fucking RUBBED THE GUMS OFF. Then he put

the mini crow bar in that shit and used ALL OF HIS WEIGHT to rip the

teeth out.

After the extraction, I was given some fucking TYLENOL WITH CODEINE

which did absolutely NOTHING, fuck you Dr. Zovickian. Piece of shit.

My sockets were so wide and gaping because of the complications that

I woke up with puddles of blood on my pillow for a good 2 weeks, and

barely slept at all.

I will never have my mouth worked on again unless I'm put under and

guaranteed something powerful enough to help.