1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wisdom Teeth Superthread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by stiches, Jun 30, 2001.

1. stiches

stiches 12oz Member

Wisdom Teeth Superthread

Discussion started by stiches - Jun 30, 2001

WISDOM TEETH

Have you had 'em out, any problems, how long did it hurt, dry sockets, drugs they give you?

stiches - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. TOY

TOY New Jack

TOY - Replied Jun 30, 2001

i got my 2 uppers chopped out in september. dont let them knock you out-just go under local anesthesia. if youre a whimp or just want to make some money get your lortab Rx filled. i didnt, just took some aspirin the first day. no problems in general, just sometimes when i open my mouth or when im chewing, my jaw crackles.

TOY - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Jun 30, 2001

i got all four of mine out....they said they came out like butter (well not in those exact words) and there were no problems, quick procedure, they put me under and damn....i was toast for most of the day....in fact when i woke up i could literally not move, my pillow was soaked in blood (from where the gauze came out) and all i could do was quietly slur my moms name until she walked by my room ...its not fun
    then the drugs they gave me....wow....needless to say i was out of work for about a week.....if you want to get ANYTHING accomplished DO NOT eat those pills...bad bad news

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  4. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Jun 30, 2001

i'm supposed to get em out soon... i won't go under local.. i hate needles

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. pacman

pacman 12oz Member

pacman - Replied Jun 30, 2001

You should get nitrous...I did. Go under, it's fun. My dentist was all, "in the count of 3 you'll be out..1.....2..."I was out. Procedure goes by super fast, the drugs are good. I got all 4 out at once, they were in pretty deep. You'll be fine unless your a pansy...Eat lots of jello, mmmmmm

------------------
    <- - - -(")- -(")owoop

pacman - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. dBUSH

dBUSH Guest

dBUSH - Replied Jun 30, 2001

I was told I needed to have mine removed. I have all but one in now and my grill is as straight as it's ever been. I think that half the time dentists are just trying to make that money- can't hate that but I hate the dentist!

7. MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 1, 2001

my friend was born without them.....i gotta get mine out...

------------------
    wonka has a new candy that will ruin me...
    "THE EVERLASTING GOBSTOPPER"

8. Tofu

Tofu 12oz Senior Member

Tofu - Replied Jul 1, 2001

My orthodontist looked at an x-ray of my teeth and said it'd be best if we took out the back two molars on the top to make space for the wisdom teeth when they came in.
    So I had 'em removed. The molars they took out were just barely starting to stick out of the gums.
    I got some pain pills, daaaaaamn my gums were hurting where the teeth used to be...they sewed the gums closed with some dissolving threading...I couldn't spit for like 5 days, the surgeon said, because if I did the muscles used for spitting would open up the holes they'd sewn up. A few times I kind of started to spit and it hurt like fuck.

Tofu - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. pukey1

pukey1 12oz Elite Member

pukey1 - Replied Jul 1, 2001

i wish i had mine taken out during skool [​IMG]

pukey1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot 12oz Elite Member

B_As_In_Bot - Replied Jul 1, 2001

yeah about the nitrous - you know how they tell you to take deep breaths? Well my friend told me to take really small breaths for as long as I could to further extend the intoxicating effect. He's says its better, and it makes it last longer.

Anyways Mine grew in over the last 2 years and they told me I had to have them pulled like 2 years ago...I should really get it done, I suppose. My teeth are very straight though and they arent cramping my style any, so Ill put it off through the rest of my life. Why not?

However I do have a cavity, I can feel it. Everytime I eat something with sugar in it, it starts to hurt in the same spot, all the time. I should take care of that. Someone told me to have it drilled 'n' filled before they would have to perform a root canal on me. Can anyone second the validity of this statement?

B_As_In_Bot - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. stiches

stiches 12oz Member

stiches - Replied Jul 1, 2001

yeah I had to have my tooth drilled so that I wouldnt have a root canal. Id rather get my teeth drilled than have a root canal, I hear that shit is worse than getting your widoms pulled.

stiches - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Lush - Replied Jul 1, 2001

I hate needles too, So I opted for the gas. I loved going under, it was the craziest kind of high (it's a dissasociative, if you've read anything about them...). It seemed like I was floating above, yet below everybody. Anyay it's painless and needles go in after you're out, no fuss.

When I woke up I was crying, I wasn't in pain, I wasn't sad, but I couldn't stop crying. Mine went well, I was uncomfortable for a few days, but it wasn't anything near painful (and I'm a massive wuss, I do not handle any pain well). Just follow their directions, and if they tell you not to do something DON'T DO IT!!! If you smoke, don't for a while because shit like that leads to dry socket.

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Clay-Burner

Clay-Burner 12oz Senior Member

Clay-Burner - Replied Jul 1, 2001

Thats the smartest thing anyone has said on this board all day [​IMG]

Clay-Burner - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

cracked ass - Replied Jul 1, 2001

I left mine in. Now I'm wiser.

15. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Ski Mask - Replied Jul 1, 2001

lets hear it for tylenol 3s!!!!!!!!!!
    Did anyone else get that weird sensation in your arm when they start to give you the Anesthetic by IV? It felt like cold water in my veins, and as I started to reach over to pull out the IV I went out. When I came to, I was being wheeled out to a cab. They fucked up and knocked out my IV when I was under, giving me this fucking huge blood stain on my jeans...but I never came to before they put it back in. Fun stuff....

Ski Mask - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: