Wisdom Teeth Superthread

stiches

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got my 2 uppers chopped out in september. dont let them knock you out-just go under local anesthesia. if youre a whimp or just want to make some money get your lortab Rx filled. i didnt, just took some aspirin the first day. no problems in general, just sometimes when i open my mouth or when im chewing, my jaw crackles.

i got all four of mine out....they said they came out like butter (well not in those exact words) and there were no problems, quick procedure, they put me under and damn....i was toast for most of the day....in fact when i woke up i could literally not move, my pillow was soaked in blood (from where the gauze came out) and all i could do was quietly slur my moms name until she walked by my room ...its not fun

then the drugs they gave me....wow....needless to say i was out of work for about a week.....if you want to get ANYTHING accomplished DO NOT eat those pills...bad bad news

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

You should get nitrous...I did. Go under, it's fun. My dentist was all, "in the count of 3 you'll be out..1.....2..."I was out. Procedure goes by super fast, the drugs are good. I got all 4 out at once, they were in pretty deep. You'll be fine unless your a pansy...Eat lots of jello, mmmmmm

------------------

<- - - -(")- -(")owoop

Guest dBUSH

I was told I needed to have mine removed. I have all but one in now and my grill is as straight as it's ever been. I think that half the time dentists are just trying to make that money- can't hate that but I hate the dentist!

Guest MR. Slugworth

my friend was born without them.....i gotta get mine out...

------------------

wonka has a new candy that will ruin me...

"THE EVERLASTING GOBSTOPPER"

My orthodontist looked at an x-ray of my teeth and said it'd be best if we took out the back two molars on the top to make space for the wisdom teeth when they came in.

So I had 'em removed. The molars they took out were just barely starting to stick out of the gums.

I got some pain pills, daaaaaamn my gums were hurting where the teeth used to be...they sewed the gums closed with some dissolving threading...I couldn't spit for like 5 days, the surgeon said, because if I did the muscles used for spitting would open up the holes they'd sewn up. A few times I kind of started to spit and it hurt like fuck.

Originally posted by boogie hands:

i got all four of mine out....they said they came out like butter (well not in those exact words) and there were no problems, quick procedure, they put me under and damn....i was toast for most of the day....in fact when i woke up i could literally not move, my pillow was soaked in blood (from where the gauze came out) and all i could do was quietly slur my moms name until she walked by my room ...its not fun

then the drugs they gave me....wow....needless to say i was out of work for about a week.....if you want to get ANYTHING accomplished DO NOT eat those pills...bad bad news

i wish i had mine taken out during skool http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'> it was cool. i loved the pampering http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

yeah about the nitrous - you know how they tell you to take deep breaths? Well my friend told me to take really small breaths for as long as I could to further extend the intoxicating effect. He's says its better, and it makes it last longer.

Anyways Mine grew in over the last 2 years and they told me I had to have them pulled like 2 years ago...I should really get it done, I suppose. My teeth are very straight though and they arent cramping my style any, so Ill put it off through the rest of my life. Why not?

However I do have a cavity, I can feel it. Everytime I eat something with sugar in it, it starts to hurt in the same spot, all the time. I should take care of that. Someone told me to have it drilled 'n' filled before they would have to perform a root canal on me. Can anyone second the validity of this statement?

Originally posted by Vanity:

i'm supposed to get em out soon... i won't go under local.. i hate needles

I hate needles too, So I opted for the gas. I loved going under, it was the craziest kind of high (it's a dissasociative, if you've read anything about them...). It seemed like I was floating above, yet below everybody. Anyay it's painless and needles go in after you're out, no fuss.

When I woke up I was crying, I wasn't in pain, I wasn't sad, but I couldn't stop crying. Mine went well, I was uncomfortable for a few days, but it wasn't anything near painful (and I'm a massive wuss, I do not handle any pain well). Just follow their directions, and if they tell you not to do something DON'T DO IT!!! If you smoke, don't for a while because shit like that leads to dry socket.

lets hear it for tylenol 3s!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else get that weird sensation in your arm when they start to give you the Anesthetic by IV? It felt like cold water in my veins, and as I started to reach over to pull out the IV I went out. When I came to, I was being wheeled out to a cab. They fucked up and knocked out my IV when I was under, giving me this fucking huge blood stain on my jeans...but I never came to before they put it back in. Fun stuff....

turns out i was only born wtih three. guess its an evolution thing, its crazy. when i get them out tho im definetially not using local anesthetic, i hate Hate HATE needles, i had surgery a while back and they gave me an IV, But instead of removing the needle and leaving the little flexable tube they left in the needle. the next day i had a huge ass bruse on my hand.I hate the hospital, so cold and impersonal.

Originally posted by cracked ass:

I left mine in. Now I'm wiser.

aw yeah... my boy KGB ha like 7 wisdom teeth, theres a name for it, but anyway, they started pulling them when he was like 15 and he had his last op when he was 22... the whole time he was on darvaset... and we love him, but he's a little slower these days, not dumber, just... slower...

and OH shit! Aerosoul, I have a story for you!

------------------

2 Can Sam

my sister and my exgirlfriend both had 5 wisdom teeth. what a pair of freaks. what really made me laugh was the dentist gave my sis a deal and pulled the 5th one for half price...I'm glad my ex girls dentist didn't hook her up...that bitch has enough money to lose...cunt.

• 3 months later...
Guest cracked ass

Believe it or not, there has already been a thread about this. I left my wisdom teeth in so I'm smarter. Of course they'll probably rot out and somewhere down the road I'll be glassy-eyed, in pain, and numbed with something ending in -caine. :beat:

all four came out like butter....i think waking up in a pool of blood and saliva, not being able to make more than a low slur and not being able to walk....that kind of freaked me out....only ate the pills once, became half retarded for the remainder of the day and decided to stop...

Archived