1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wipe your swamp ass with this ...

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by cheps, Jan 15, 2004.

1. cheps

cheps 12oz Member

Wipe your swamp ass with this ...

Discussion started by cheps - Jan 15, 2004

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00382438f00000007.jpg'>

Give a toy some tips ...

-cheps oner

cheps - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives 12oz Member

DrSeusLives - Replied Jan 15, 2004

Hmmm... I think it'll look better if your "P" was connected. There are no real tips, just keep on practicing. Post more and keep us updated. How long have you've been writing?

DrSeusLives - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. cheps

cheps 12oz Member

cheps - Replied Jan 15, 2004

I just started doing it consistantly a few months back, before i would just sketch maybe once a week ...

-cheps oner

4. HOVIE

HOVIE 12oz Member

HOVIE - Replied Jan 15, 2004

i like it........the "e" is a bit weird.....but all good man.......and whats that gamers forum about??......is it your site??

HOVIE - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. cheps

cheps 12oz Member

cheps - Replied Jan 15, 2004

Nah, i was tryin to download some smilies in my sig, didnt work ...

-cheps oner

6. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Jan 15, 2004

dont listen to him for one......

but looks good...

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor 12oz Elite Member

some pittsburgh flavor - Replied Jan 15, 2004

since obviously nobody knows how to write graffiti here, i have pointers for you:

1.) don't believe the hype, you need a lot of work
    2.) work with your thicknesses... you have oprah-sized pieces and alley mcbeal-sized pieces. some people can pull it off, but you can't yet.
    3.) limit excess use of "space junk". i use it to fill in negative space as an extension that flows WITH the letters, not against and to the left as a sort of pseudopod.
    4.) work on making your letters consistent, i.e. their overall shape and flow, and smoothness/sharpness
    5.) keep it simple.

some pittsburgh flavor - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives 12oz Member

DrSeusLives - Replied Jan 15, 2004

Enter, for the love of god, please shut the fuck up already. I don't know whether you're playing around or not but, I don't have to listen to you. You're a faggot. You're even in an "internet crew". :lol:

DrSeusLives - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied Jan 15, 2004

it looks pretty good to me......i would try to play around with the aura color maybe.........thats just my opinion...............nice shit though....

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. cheps

cheps 12oz Member

cheps - Replied Jan 16, 2004

Thanks for the feedback, no matter how good of an writer someone is, there is always improvements to be made, so imma keep practicing and ill post up some more in this thread as they come ...

-cheps oner

11. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Jan 16, 2004

its not really an attack on you, dont worry....most of the time i am jokin,,,,,and yes, internet crews are better than jesus on a stick

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

mikro137 - Replied Jan 16, 2004

SPF
    i knew i hung out with you for a reason.....

13. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor 12oz Elite Member

some pittsburgh flavor - Replied Jan 16, 2004

i'll see you tonight, hopefully

some pittsburgh flavor - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Joker - Replied Jan 16, 2004

Some Pittsburgh Flavor has some good points... but I want to add.

You've got a good thing going but I want to point out a few things about where you're headed.

1. The extra stuff soming off to the left of your C and H and the two bars coming off your S... no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No. Please don't do that. Even if you just did it to fill up empty space on the paper, don't do that. There will come a time when you'll just feel like swooping your letters out like that, but trust me... that time is not now. It looks forced and that makes your piece look stale. That's cruel but criticism isn't always good.

2. I'm going to have to agree with DR. Suess here. I think if you made your back bar of the P solid it would help distinguish the two between your P and E. It's not overly important but just a thought.

3. All the little skinny bars connecting the letters together, no. That's not pretty. I say stick to semi-funky letters without all the crud attached and work at making the five letters flow together better. Make it so they rest upon one another as if the were meant to be that way. Like a puzzle. Think about that one for a minute and it should set in what I'm talking about.

4. Coloring in... this requires quick movements of the pen. Otherwise you get streaks. It's obvious you've got some small ass pens so do yourself a favor... go to the local art store, walk in like you own the place and rack a good handful of markers like Tria's or Prismacolors. Then walk out like you just stole something so the people behind the counter will look at each other and say "Did he just steal something?"

None of this is a dis... just friendly criticism.

Joker - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. WrIot

WrIot 12oz Senior Member

WrIot - Replied Jan 16, 2004

WrIot - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: