Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Winston Churchill's Wit

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Canadiano, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

So apparently he would drink a lot and sleep in the parliamentary meetings. One day, the guy next to him wakes him up and tells him that his "sentry post is open" (fly is down). Churchill says,
    "Well, is the sentry alert and standing at attention? Or is he sleeping on the sandbags."

Another time, he is at a party of some sort, and a woman comes to Sir Winston and tells him that he is drunk in a bitchy manner. Says Churchill,
    "I'm drunk, and you're ugly. Tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly."

told to me by a friend, who heard these from his boss.

2. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

haha. I likes.

3. NATO

NATO Guest

i remember hearing some woman said to him "if you were my husband i would put poison in your tea" he replied "if you were my wife i'd drink it"

4. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

^^ that's a classic.:lol:

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash."

ouch!

6. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl Senior Member

7. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

8. zen

zen New Jack

9. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

that guy was a classic drunk....

the way to make the perfect martini according to winston churchill: "fill your glass with gin and glance at a bottle of vermouth across the room"

i can think of a few bartenders who could use that advice....sorry fucks

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I think it's a good idea to at least touch the vermooth bottle to the shaker.
    It makes a nice 'kling' sound and announces to the room that it's ready to rock.

11. sneak

sneak Guest

ahahahahahaha the best one yet...

12. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

hahha, well vermouth is a given....the point is to keep it dry though, very, very dry....

these assholes on this 3 to 1 ratio garbage are clueless....

13. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

oh and zesto....you do know a martini is stirred, not shaken dont you??;)

14. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

yes... shaking bruises the liquor.

BUT... the average 'shaker' is also a strainer, which is essential to a nice martini.
    the ice is on my wrist, not in my drink!

I like a bit of a dirty matrini some times,
    but if the fucker just pours in olive brine
    from the bottle, I'll be sending it back.

15. optimodub

optimodub Junior Member

i never realised what a witty old chap sir winston was...apart from liking a drink or 10, he suffered from depression, which he called his 'black dog', when he was bad he would think about throwing himself under trains and shit like that, but fuck that, he did a pretty good job for a depressive alcoholic...hmmm, maybe a good biography to read, want to hear more of his wit