wine

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

is good w/ food, bad otherwise.

discuss snobby wine talk here. nothing else or i will be a hypocrit and close this. HA!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BROWNer

Chateau du Shitbag

http://www.skitfaced.com/palomazon/palomaADS/shitbag-wine.jpg'>

Shitbag Wine

Shitbag Wine is a casual budget red for the constantly mobile. The unbreakable plastic bottle is a boon to those who slip and fall often. And the unique nipple top lets the wine through when you squeeze, but keeps it in when you knock over the bottle, or throw it against a wall in a fit of sweaty rage.

Shitbag's bouquet is complex if not delicate, with dense aromas of thistleberry and fish, and a touch of lead from the barrel aging. The wine carries a strong smoke feel and has an almost overpowering finish.

Shitbag Wine. The wine of choice for the downwardly mobile.

http://www.skitfaced.com/palomazon/palomaADS/chateaudushitbag.jpg'>

Chateau du Shitbag

So you're off the streets. But you miss the sound of the trains, the feel of vermin against your cheek, the smell of fresh morning vomit. You yearn for a simple, dangerous life. Now you've got Chateau du Shitbag.

Or: you're still down on your luck, but miraculously a benevolent stranger has asked you to dinner. A whole new world could be opening to you, if you impress, if you show distinction. If you bring along a bottle of Chateau du Shitbag.

No matter your lot in life, Chateau du Shitbag rewards the pallette munificently. Luxurious dark berry, peanuts, cassis, and vodka with firm tannins. Only the slightest hint of lead. Sir Lawrence Shitbag's signature Merlot is a classic choice for upscale transients worldwide.

http://www.skitfaced.com/palomazon/palomaADS/penixbig.gif'>

Let's face it, genital intercourse is better when one's penis is erect.

Rub three or four squirts of Penix penis hardening penis ointment on or near your penis every two months for 3-7 times the hardness and intensity of a regular penis.

Warning:

Overuse of Penix penis hardening penis ointment caused penis cancer in some laboratory animals.

Originally posted by ARCEL

yes, it's true that i just drank some Chableau Arcel. a couple years ago i was stupid and ate two Tylenol Sleep pills after i drank a bottle of wine. i fell into a deep slumber.

Do NOT drink any kind of alcohol and take Tylenol/Acetaminophin. It can kill you very dead. It could easily cause kidney failure (even if you're healthy) and then you'll swell up, turn yellow and DIE!

Seriously.

*Wine is just fine on all occasions. If it's shitty wine then mix it with sprite...

I was going to make a thread about homebrewing cause I just started my first batch of meed (honey wine) in my basement. It takes 2 months and about $40 to make.

Here's the recipe i'm using for those who might be interested

-------------------------------------------------------------------

10 lbs of honey

2 packets of champain yeast

1 packet of yeast nutrients

1lb of fresh rasberries wrapped in a cheese cloth

Enough water to fill a 5 gallon with the other ingredients in it.

A candy thermometer

A 5 gallon Plastic fermentor*

*this sounds hightech, but it's actually just a 5 gallon bucket with a hole in the top for an airlock. The airlock is just a tube shaped like a sideways 'S'. The purpose of which is to keep oxygen out of the batch while it's in the fermenting phase, while allowing gas to escape. The whole thing looks like this..

http://trutwins.homeip.net/homebrew/images/fermenter.jpg'>

From what I've learned, keeping things clean and uncontaminated is the most important part to making good wine. The bucket used for your fermentor should be steralized with hot water. Read all the instructions before starting.

>Heat the water up to 160 degrees over the stove. The recipe I used called for a 5 gallon pot, but all I had was a 1 gallon pot so I had to repeat some steps to get all 5 gallons.

>Add the honey when the water reaches 160 and while it's disolving, skim the white foam off the surface of the water. The foam is wax and impurities in the honey that will slow down the fermenting process.

>After you remove a good majority of the foam; pour the honey/water into the fermentor to cool down.

>The honey/water has to get down to 70 degrees before you can add the yeast. It'll take atleast a couple hours to cool.

>At 70 add the yeast and yeast nutrients then toss in the berries wraped in cheese cloth. The cheese cloth is just a thin meshed cloth that will hold the berries.. like a tea bag.

>Now close up the fermentor, and store it in a cool place. When the yeast start to work, you'll see bubbles comming up through the airlock.

>After a month the bubbles will have stopped and there is a bunch of dead yeast on the bottom of the fermentor.

>Siphon the wine from the top into bottles, avoiding the garbage at the bottom of the fermentor.

>Cap off the bottles and let them age another month before drinking. The longer the batch ages the better, taste test often.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If my batch turns out, I'd be up for trading bottles with other brewers:idea:

Originally posted by johndoe

some what off topic, i dont understand how potatoes turns in to vodka, grapes turn into wine, theres others but i forget. anyone kno how it happens.

Yeast are single celled organisms that eat sugar, and produce alcohol as a byproduct. And on a side note, the difference between 'sweet' and 'dry' is the amount of fermentation. Sweet alcohols are bottled before all the sugars can be turned into alchol, and dry is fully fermented before bottling.

Originally posted by JerryCurl

Yeast are single celled organisms that eat sugar, and produce alcohol as a byproduct. And on a side note, the difference between 'sweet' and 'dry' is the amount of fermentation. Sweet alcohols are bottled before all the sugars can be turned into alchol, and dry is fully fermented before bottling.

Huh? What? Oh, thought you were talking about me for a second...

I learned about this in Biology in 9th or 10th grade, I think. My roommate used wine bottles to hold the homemade Kahlua he made, good drink. Guy drinks a lot of wine.

Originally posted by Smart

Do NOT drink any kind of alcohol and take Tylenol/Acetaminophin. It can kill you very dead. It could easily cause kidney failure (even if you're healthy) and then you'll swell up, turn yellow and DIE!

Seriously.

Just curious, you got a source that confirms this?

you guys aren't drinking the right shit there's way to many bad wines out there.

if you're looking hesh, try barefoot. they even have an 'easy to drink' white zinfandel although it's not in a box. they have the magnum bottles too, the big fuckers.

Guest imported_Europe

I drink it if its served to me... Red or white, whatever, it gets you nicely drunk... And it can be really good with food.