Windows XP

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

anyone else get it?

my girl got a new computer and it came with it. it's different. im wary of change and hate microsoft, but hey. it's a fuckin free (to me) super computer, so I can't complain a whole lot.

so does anyone else have it? figure it out? hate it?

any thoughts/feedback?

i havent played with it enough yet to really have an opinion, but i'm sure someone else on here has and does.

lets hear it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I am curious to,i got this BETA version from my girls work and i am thinking about trying it on.Just need some motivation

i got a copy of XP pro about 6 weeks before its public release date. There is no online registration with this one but this is a copy that was given to microsoft employees and then got pirated over the intrenet so that may explain the no registration. I like it. I mean its alot different from my last OS(win98). I am still learning the software but its not bad.

when, that wasn't the case with my copy...my friend that gave it to me has burned almost 50 copies of it for other people and has had no other problems..but like I said this was a pre released version made available to microsoft employee's so that may explain it....if I talk to him tonight I will post the ftp that he got it from if its still up.

win xp (from what i'm told) won't let you use unregistered software. thats a pretty weak point. also, if your pc is older than about 1.5/2 years, don't bother installing it. it would be smart to wait a year or so before using it or else you'll spend the next year or so having to download patches for it

Originally posted by fr8oholic

i have no experience with it but i hear it's much more stable than windows 2000

it's built on windows 2000 technology man...

windows is probably the most stable OS available made by Microsoft...

my shit is running windows2000 and i've had it up for as long as 3 weeks...with Counter Strike being played, surfing, downloading, and music everyday..

Archived