Will I be out of work tommorow?

Ski Mask

alright. heres the deal. I'm in the western office of our company. we've got a lease expiring soon and we've long feared we'd get the axe and have our jobs re-located to london. from the management memos I'd snuck a look at it looked like a decision wasn't being made till october, then announced to the staff. Now just after announcing that all management would be at a "off-site" meeting starting at 8am tommorow, they've issued another announcement saying that we were having a all centre meeting at 10am tommorow. When the managers were going around telling all the later starting folks to come in early, they were even suggesting that one of our employees who had a chiropractor's appointment try to re-schedule because she needs to be here for it. not a good sign.

even if we aren't closed here, it could be ugly re-structuring news or merger news or somthing. anyones guess.

so place your bets. I'll keep you posted.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

you make me feel bad for playing hookey today.

Im not at work. Im home...chillen..heh heh!

Sounds like a bad situation on your part though man.

If theyre trying to get everyone together for mando meeting,

then it doesnt sound that good. I dont think theyre going

to surprise everyone with tickets to the movies!

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

you make me feel bad for playing hookey today.

Im not at work. Im home...chillen..heh heh!

Sounds like a bad situation on your part though man.

If theyre trying to get everyone together for mando meeting,

then it doesnt sound that good. I dont think theyre going

to surprise everyone with tickets to the movies!

See, I'm sure its bad news. its just to what extent I'm unsure of. I work for a very large faceless corporation, so it could be any number of things being announced. when I said centre wide, I meant that us and the other 2 national centres are having meetings at the same time. I'd imagine if we were getting closed they'd tell us a day before notifying the other centres. but they could be that sheisty and tell everyone at the same time, who knows.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

well, my homie has a good saying

when he is going to court on some

charges, and doesnt know what to think or feel..

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst."

London Ontario is a facist hole, dont go there at any cost.

sounds like major changes are taking place.

I'd reccomend brushing up the resume and

start making data archives of all your personal

files and contacts. Just clean the virtual 'desk'

so you can break out quick. If I got fired it would

take me a full day to backup all my personal shit.

alright. we'll find out whats happening in about 15 minutes. The attitude around here is great, we all know its closing so everyone has stopped giving a fuck about work. The meeting will get ugly, you can be sure of that. I have very little at stake....but the lifers are gonna be real fucking pissed off....

<span style='color:black'>Do you wear a suit to work? You should get even more pissed off than you already are. I mean yell "WHAAAT THEEEEE FUUUUCCKKKKK?" in a really high voice and start kicking shit over and throwing things like plants around. I've always wanted to see someone in a suit lose all composure and go ape shit. Try to start a riot. Post pictures.</span>

yeah, so the center is closing as we all expected. I get a fairly sweet deal. I'm here till january, I get a $500 bonus for staying till january, and I get my record of employment that allows me to go on unemployment. Plus my agency will almost certainly have somthing lined up for me by then anyhow. I'm happy. I just wish I was getting layed off in the middle of summer so I could milk EI for all its worth....

the meeting was horrible. blah blah blah fiscal consolidation blah blah blah blah potential future expansion issues blah blah blah executive vp of commercial products is here to explain things in greater depth blah blah blah.

when 8 people from HR you've never seen before show up you know people are getting sacked. at least I dont have to do jack shit anymore....

Dude, that sucks. i used to work for a San Francisco .Com that went under a few years back. When all of us low level knobs got the axe, it was like the vandals sacking Rome at the main offices.

My advice would be to work well up until mid-november and then slack for all you're worth. WHat are they gonna do? Fire ya? ha ha ha