Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

will arcel's computer ever be the same ?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

so i was trying to make ms-dos an available operating system on my computer, and i fucked it up pretty good, so good it wouldn't start. the windows 98 startup disk wasn't very useful, so i took my computer to a repair place. they reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled windows xp, and backed up (most of) the data. that cost a hundred dollars and left me with one less partition on my hard drive, a brand new bare looking desktop, and a couple big folders, in which the .exe files have not worked so far, nor have i found my 1.5 gig music folder.

2. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK Elite Member

YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THIS THREAD A POLL
    ALSO DOWNLOAD MESSENGER AND GET BACK ON IT AND TALK TO ME MALAKA

3. 455

455 Guest

Fuck.......uhhhhhh.....I don't know what to tell ya.

4. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

any good reason for this? i find it pretty funny... but at least you're back on 12oz right?

5. TuffKid

TuffKid Senior Member

light it on fire next time...

6. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

hey arcel, get at me on aim. my names invertmisty.

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Fuck i had this happen to me once, i went insane reinstalling windows over and over again.

What you want to do is back up everything you want to save, then format ALL the partitions and reinstall windows.

8. Dick Quickwood

i'm getting a message that says something about the remote procedure call service, so i'm going to see if i cant get a patch for that, then i'm going to download msn messenger

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

That's fucked up, you know there were some jokers working at that place like me that were like, hahaha wow.... watch this.... delete.

Nah... I'd never do that, but you should've asked someone who knew the deal first before you tried to venture into something like that on your own.

10. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

steal a new computer...like the people at my place of employment do regularly...

:D

ps. my computer sucks.

11. Dick Quickwood

yes dirty habit, i wish i would have done that.

here is the problem that i think needs priority: i think my computer still has viruses on it, one of them being the msblaster worm. one of the things that keeps happening, is when i try to download something, my computer disconnects from the internet. this tells me i need to run an antivirus program before i begin replacing my programs.norton antivirus is in the folder of stuff that was restored. "norton antivirus" consists of a folder containing a bunch of files, a few of them being .exe files. i double clicked and right click>opened each one, and nothing happens. i haven't been able to download files using internet explorer 80% of the time. i don't have any anti virus programs on disks. what should i do ?

12. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

if they formatted your drive of course you arent going to find your music files, they were lost in the format.

did you really pay 100$ to have you drive formatted and xp reinstalled? im in the wrong business.

13. Dick Quickwood

they backed up the data, or most of it anyway. they charge forty dollars an hour.

14. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Hey, if you got your computer back formatted, with a virus.... I'd raise hades with those mother fuckers. What idiot backs up programs that need other files in the windows directory to work...?. who gives a fuck about the exe's if they don't have the libraries that were deleted..... also, if they could back those up, they could've saved your music.

I'd say go get your money back or else you'll run their name through the mud, although don't make threats right off.... but, rather, as a last resort.

15. porksandwich

porksandwich Guest

to stop your computer from shutting down when the error message pops up, go to: START>RUN> then type "shutdown -a" and hit enter.. that stops the machine from shutting down.... used to happen to me all the time, get all the service paks and security updates.